LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 238 users in the forums

Brandon Jones RELEASED

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by prometheus:
I think there are some really worthwhile keepers in the team we may not be able to keep. Guys like Balogun, Brock, Stoudamire, Adams, Bruce Davis, and Tukuafu.
I think the niners should cut marginal guys for some real players. Guys like Sims, Robinson, Wallace, Norris put Heitmann on IR. Of them all,I think Tukuafu impressed me along with Bruce Davis and the DBs. I think we would have been pleased with any of the DBs last year. The DBs have had tight coverage, made tackles and I saw very few bungles of any sort.
I think we could go with one fullback and 4 tightends. I think that may be in the plans as Walker, Byham have been in as Fullbacks. I think Tony Curtis may be the fourth.
MROB is a special teams captain but he has done little and that is true of Wilhelm. I do not see them sticking when real talent may be let go. I watched Tukuafu and Bruce Davis and both look like players. I was very impressed with Tukuafu and I think the niners made out better with him then our former number one. This guy with a year could blossom like Alex Boone.

were not putting heitman on i.r. with just a broken leg when he could be back by wk 3. but then again if baas plays really well at center i like his size more than heitman's. i just dont see the staff putting him on i.r.
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Originally posted by prometheus:
I think there are some really worthwhile keepers in the team we may not be able to keep. Guys like Balogun, Brock, Stoudamire, Adams, Bruce Davis, and Tukuafu.
I think the niners should cut marginal guys for some real players. Guys like Sims, Robinson, Wallace, Norris put Heitmann on IR. Of them all,I think Tukuafu impressed me along with Bruce Davis and the DBs. I think we would have been pleased with any of the DBs last year. The DBs have had tight coverage, made tackles and I saw very few bungles of any sort.
I think we could go with one fullback and 4 tightends. I think that may be in the plans as Walker, Byham have been in as Fullbacks. I think Tony Curtis may be the fourth.
MROB is a special teams captain but he has done little and that is true of Wilhelm. I do not see them sticking when real talent may be let go. I watched Tukuafu and Bruce Davis and both look like players. I was very impressed with Tukuafu and I think the niners made out better with him then our former number one. This guy with a year could blossom like Alex Boone.

were not putting heitman on i.r. with just a broken leg when he could be back by wk 3. but then again if baas plays really well at center i like his size more than heitman's. i just dont see the staff putting him on i.r.

That would be a great but also a fantasy scenario. (not heitman but the rest) I definately think Singletary is much more willing to part with vets and make room for young talent. We will only keep one of those DB's though, my guess being Adams since he has been more physical from camp reports. Paymah has shown some great skills in my opinion. He is a very solid #4 that can line up with the straight line speedsters in the league. Will James will be cut unfortunately, but maybe for the best. Wallace = gone! Im hoping Snyder or Wragge goes as well to make room for Boone.

MRob and Norris would surprise me, I def think they should be cut, but I dont see Sing making these moves this year, which is sad cause that would allow us to keep Tukuafu for sure, Davis & Balogon would probably make the PS without being picked up. Same with the DB's that dont make the roster.
  • titan
  • Veteran
Thank goodness, I'm so sick of babysitting these fools waiting for the potential to develop!
If only he was as good as he is in Madden.
At least the one catch he made for us was a good one.
Finally it was a wasted signing to begin with.
Originally posted by lamontb:
Finally it was a wasted signing to begin with.

why do you say that? It was before we drafted Crabtree, we really didnt have anybody else on the roster. Who knows what happens if he was able to stay healthy.
What are the odds he lands in Seattle?
Anybody else think he lands in Seattle with our old GM?
I seem to recall turmoil in the front office two years ago. Jerry sullivan did not want this guy, and wasn't even asked his opinion prior to signing.

Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
I think this means we'll keep 5 receivers, and 4 tailbacks so we retain M-Rob's special teams skill set.

WR - Crabtree, Morgan, Ginn, Hill, Williams
RB - Gore, Westbrook, Dixon, Robinson

If we go 5 WRs this year, I have a feeling Hill won't make it on our roster. I see:

WR - Crabtree, Morgan, Ginn, Zeigler and Williams.

Zeigler and Williams have the edge on Hill because of their special teams skills, plus Zeigler seems comfortable at every WR position (flanker, split-end and slot), which gives the roster that much more flexibility. That said, I think we go 6 Wrs to start the year, with Hill being on the bubble as the season goes on.

Huh? Zeigler has proved to have ZERO ST value. He can't return punts or kickoffs and is worthless on coverage as well. Hill on the other hand has been great on ST, both coverage and blocking. Take a look at what's going on.
Originally posted by Gavintech:
I think this means we'll keep 5 receivers, and 4 tailbacks so we retain M-Rob's special teams skill set.

If we go 5 WRs this year, I have a feeling Hill won't make it on our roster. I see:

Zeigler and Williams have the edge on Hill because of their special teams skills, plus Zeigler seems comfortable at every WR position (flanker, split-end and slot), which gives the roster that much more flexibility. That said, I think we go 6 Wrs to start the year, with Hill being on the bubble as the season goes on.

Huh? Zeigler has proved to have ZERO ST value. He can't return punts or kickoffs and is worthless on coverage as well. Hill on the other hand has been great on ST, both coverage and blocking. Take a look at what's going on.

Eh, he is getting some work...

mattbarrows

Ginn, Guillory and Zeigler back for kick-return drills

I think it is more telling that Sullivan uses Zeigler as an example of how to run routes.

This is exactly what I said, well not exactly. Yeah I don't get what people are seeing here. If Hill gets cut, Seattle will jump on him immediately. Imagine him and TJ against our 2ndary along with their up and coming TE. Man I would hate for that to happen. If it does, we'll at least get to see what Hill has, but I'd rather not see it in that fashion.
Originally posted by baybreaker707:

This is exactly what I said, well not exactly. Yeah I don't get what people are seeing here. If Hill gets cut, Seattle will jump on him immediately. Imagine him and TJ against our 2ndary along with their up and coming TE. Man I would hate for that to happen. If it does, we'll at least get to see what Hill has, but I'd rather not see it in that fashion.

Haven't really been seeing reports of Hill torching the scrubs in TC now... what makes you think he would be such a threat to our starters? (Should he be cut, and picked up by Seahawks)
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:

Eh, he is getting some work...

mattbarrows

Ginn, Guillory and Zeigler back for kick-return drills

I think it is more telling that Sullivan uses Zeigler as an example of how to run routes.

Well he needs to find someone to show them how to catch.
Share 49ersWebzone