There are 297 users in the forums

Thats a great idea

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Originally posted by BuZzB28:
I guarantee you Davis is a better QB than Smith. GUARANTEED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! or I'll blow you.

I think so.. if alex does make fail for his team or didn't make playoff this year.. Forget it about Alex anymore.. then Nate Davis will should start next year..

I am in agree with you Yoda.

hand shaking bro!
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Originally posted by whiskywarlord:

my attempted humor at your expense did not fail, because i laughed out loud

First of all, I never said it failed, I said it was useless.

i didnt say it was a make or break, dont put letters in my mouth

What's the difference? You said it will define him. "Make or break" is pretty much the same thing.

with a full year under his belt,plenty of weapons,he (alex smith) must take advantage, ohhhhhh and a little thing called LAST YEAR OF CONRTACT, do you like math? i dont, but i understand it

Last year of CONRTACT, huh?

Touche, still wasnt useless because i laughed, twice now, thank you

"Pretty much the same thing"....no its not, are we spiltting hairs here ?or we talkin about football, he did not start the season off as starter last year, and he slit reps Hill, this COMPLETLY differant

yeah, last year of contract, a contract is like an agreement, made among two parties,not like drikning parties, more like business's, and when said "contact" is finished, the parties can opt for another "contract" or they swap some spit and go there seperate ways.you should check it out www.49ers.com

all in good fun, just tryin to fight the good fight
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Said Raye: "The one ability that he has is highlighted in the parts of the game he plays in. Because if a guy is open, he'll hit him, he'll get the ball to them. He's another guy who's in a position where he needs to play early on against guys who have played in the NFL. He needs to play in that level. ... In the second and third exhibition game, we will experiment with some of that."

"The one ability that he has highlighted... ...If a guy is open, he'll hit him, he'll get the ball to them."

Yea Raye, that is one particular "ability" that one should "highlight" when looking at the quarterback position, ya think?

Perhaps next week our coaches will realize that avoiding defenders is "one particular ability that can be useful at times" for a running back.
Or physically dominating a defensive tackle is an "important detail to analyze" when evaluating o-line play.
Or blanketing a WR is a "trait to take into consideration" when judging a cornerbacks ability.

I'm glad our coaches are figuring these things out now.

I'm starting to wonder if it's Nate Davis not getting the playbook or if it's Jimmy Raye just being too stupid to realize he (Nate) can handle it.

It's probably something like this.

In the meetings Jimmy Raye asks a question, "What's the hot read on Xcurl Zpost Yflip back point fake left fake handoff 16 slot in?
Alex Smith raises his hand quickly, followed by Carr two seconds later, while Nate Davis is sitting there puzzled slunking down in his chair trying to disappear from the room.
Jimmy Raye says, "Sigh... You two guys put your hands down, Nate! Hay Nate! Where are you? Oh, there you are! Where are you going?
Nate Davis says, "I need to use the restroom coach."
Raye, "Wait on that, I want you to answer the question first."
Davis, "I... I was studying the playbook, but I think I spilled some nacho cheese on those pages."
Raye, "Oh Nate, why Nate WHY?"
The other quarterbacks are visibly smirking, trying to hold back laughter.
Nate Davis stands up tall, takes a deep breath and says, "Coach, in my head, I don't know what the hell the hot read is on that play you put up. All I know is that in the actual game, when it happens, THEN I'll know, and I'll hit the guy."
Some snickering can now be heard from the other two quarterbacks in the room, laughing at Nate Davis's lack of book smarts.
Raye, "Hey quite down in here!" "Sigh, OK, Nate... ok... I'll go over the playbook with you tonight some more."
After the other players leave the meeting room Jimmy Raye says to Nate Davis, "You know what Nate, I'll give you a shot against Minnesota. I'll run that play, and we'll see if you can find the hot read at game time, I have my doubts, but we'll see."
Nate Davis, "THANKS coach!"

We'll just have to wait and see what happens...

that was a great read! you should write screenplays, i have a movie idea for you: Whiskywarlord vs the speculation post of the year. its a long handle i know, but we can work on it

The "at my expense" part is what was useless.

"Pretty much the same thing"....no its not, are we spiltting hairs here ?or we talkin about football, he did not start the season off as starter last year, and he slit reps Hill, this COMPLETLY differant

OK, so you're taking the excuse route. Got it.

yeah, last year of contract, a contract is like an agreement, made among two parties,not like drikning parties, more like business's, and when said "contact" is finished, the parties can opt for another "contract" or they swap some spit and go there seperate ways.you should check it out www.49ers.com

I like how you try to be all witty, and then miss the fact I was mocking your spelling, not wondering what a contract was.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Originally posted by HessianDud:
It's no joke people, from the start of mini-camps the organization was hoping/pulling for Nate to win the #2 job, but since Nate stunk up most of the mini-camps/OTAs Carr (of course) started to edge himself for that spot (but like every year, it isn't until pre-season when the men start to show up).

Nate could win the #2 spot by week one if he continues to play like he always has in pre-season, Carr will be cut after this season and we could have a lot of looming questions at QB, so we need to see what we truly have in Nate Davis before he possibly goes to another NFL team and becomes the next Bret Favre. (I'm just saying.)

I really hope Davis just makes an impact this Sunday simply based upon Chris Collinsworth being one of the announcers (one of the hecklers who bashed Nate more than others whilst coming out of college).

where did you hear that? I always thought that they were more comfortable with Carr as the #2

It was originally verb'd from Barrows around last Jan-Feb as we were heading into the off-season (and before we had acquired Carr in early March). -Barrows had a small source on the inside that the organization was hoping Nate take would mature fast enough before the regular season to be the #2 QB (for reasons unknown).

i remember hearing somethin about, no really i do. i also have heard.....snakes have the wildest imaginations of all reptiles! i know huh? strange, i always thought it would be an iguana1
Originally posted by D-NOTTE:
Originally posted by Norcal9erfan:
I guarantee you Davis is a better QB than Smith. GUARANTEED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! or I'll blow you.

LOL! Now THAT is a confidence!!

Not unless he just want to you...............

Ingles compadre??
LOL to be honest I think Nate Davis should be our starting QB simply based upon just how AWESOME his helmet/facemask, and jersey number looks right now!

He's the only QB amongst the entire group this year that actually LOOKS like a QB. He even has the Tony Romo tongue-flap after each snap!

The "at my expense" part is what was useless.

OK, so you're taking the excuse route. Got it.

I like how you try to be all witty, and then miss the fact I was mocking your spelling, not wondering what a contract was.

it was at your expense, it didnt cost me anything

im not taking the "excuse route" it more like a curl route, im moving forward,then i turn it around on you, to show you the error of your ways, im here to help you, your my friend

so you were mocking me, we are not friends anymore, were BEST FRIENDS!!

and i wasnt trying to be all witty, i dont even like wittys
LOL to be honest I think Nate Davis should be our starting QB simply based upon just how AWESOME his helmet/facemask, and jersey number looks right now!

He's the only QB amongst the entire group this year that actually LOOKS like a QB. He even has the Tony Romo tongue-flap after each snap!

If we can only get him to date a hot model and flip his hat around during interviews, we'd have ourselves a franchise QB!

and you made that decision from 1 preseason game! i like you man, but your crazy

Originally posted by Norcal9erfan:

If we can only get him to date a hot model and flip his hat around during interviews, we'd have ourselves a franchise QB!

• fly15
  • Veteran
Said Raye: "The one ability that he has is highlighted in the parts of the game he plays in. Because if a guy is open, he'll hit him, he'll get the ball to them. He's another guy who's in a position where he needs to play early on against guys who have played in the NFL. He needs to play in that level. ... In the second and third exhibition game, we will experiment with some of that."

"The one ability that he has highlighted... ...If a guy is open, he'll hit him, he'll get the ball to them."

Yea Raye, that is one particular "ability" that one should "highlight" when looking at the quarterback position, ya think?

Perhaps next week our coaches will realize that avoiding defenders is "one particular ability that can be useful at times" for a running back.
Or physically dominating a defensive tackle is an "important detail to analyze" when evaluating o-line play.
Or blanketing a WR is a "trait to take into consideration" when judging a cornerbacks ability.

I'm starting to wonder if it's Nate Davis not getting the playbook or if it's Jimmy Raye just being too stupid to realize he (Nate) can handle it.

In the meetings Jimmy Raye asks a question, "What's the hot read on Xcurl Zpost Yflip back point fake left fake handoff 16 slot in?
Alex Smith raises his hand quickly, followed by Carr two seconds later, while Nate Davis is sitting there puzzled slunking down in his chair trying to disappear from the room.
Jimmy Raye says, "Sigh... You two guys put your hands down, Nate! Hay Nate! Where are you? Oh, there you are! Where are you going?
Davis, "I... I was studying the playbook, but I think I spilled some nacho cheese on those pages."
Nate Davis stands up tall, takes a deep breath and says, "Coach, in my head, I don't know what the hell the hot read is on that play you put up. All I know is that in the actual game, when it happens, THEN I'll know, and I'll hit the guy."
Some snickering can now be heard from the other two quarterbacks in the room, laughing at Nate Davis's lack of book smarts.
Raye, "Hey quite down in here!" "Sigh, OK, Nate... ok... I'll go over the playbook with you tonight some more."
After the other players leave the meeting room Jimmy Raye says to Nate Davis, "You know what Nate, I'll give you a shot against Minnesota. I'll run that play, and we'll see if you can find the hot read at game time, I have my doubts, but we'll see."

Originally posted by fly15:

thats not very nice man, calling someone a weirdo for daydreaming about late nite playbook meetings with jimmy raye and some wine, and maybe some strawberrys, and shrimp.....

shame on you
Good to hear. Maybe the coaching staff agrees that Smith's ceiling isn't high enough to win us a SuperBowl, and yes that's what it's all about in the end. Davis might be more raw now but he has the potential to be a Superstar.

Even if he only, "hits the open receiver" as Jimmy Raye said, I'd be happy. That's more than Smith can do on a consistent basis.
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by fly15:

thats not very nice man, calling someone a weirdo for daydreaming about late nite playbook meetings with jimmy raye and some wine, and maybe some strawberrys, and shrimp.....

shame on you

No dude, shame on you
Share 49ersWebzone