LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 239 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS @ INDIANAPOLIS COLTS GAMEDAY THREAD (Pre-Season Game 1)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Same o s**t from smith. Bright spots were Dixon and Williams.

What s**t? Smith was fine other than ONE bad throw. There were drops galore and He had to throw it away once. And the interception was on the money, Walker just couldn't hold on to it and tipped it up. Once the line develops the offense will click and Smith will be a beast like last season.

[ Edited by defenderDX on Aug 15, 2010 at 13:19:34 ]
Originally posted by Hawksfan81:
Originally posted by taney71:

Anyone have the replay?

I was having some technical difficulties, but here is that INT from the first half that keeps getting debated.

there is another view where you can see Walker having to stop alittle and jump.... I think Alex could have hit him in stride....

Walker is not a receiver you want going for a jump ball, he is only like 6'0 TE.

[ Edited by Afrikan on Aug 15, 2010 at 13:20:13 ]
Originally posted by Swankypro:
Originally posted by susweel:
Wow

These local broadcasts is getting worse every year.

This grammar are getting worse every year.

Is anyone recording this? Or is anyone going to be streaming it right after the game is over?

[ Edited by Winners on Aug 15, 2010 at 13:20:18 ]
Originally posted by Afrikan:

Anyone have the replay?

I was having some technical difficulties, but here is that INT from the first half that keeps getting debated.
there is another view where you can see Walker having to stop alittle and jump.... I think Alex could have hit him in stride....

Walker is not a receiver you want going for a jump ball, he is only like 6'0 TE.

That was the only angle I had. Recorded it straight from the NFL Network feed.

[ Edited by Hawksfan81 on Aug 15, 2010 at 13:24:34 ]
Originally posted by ZRF80:
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Originally posted by ea_thegreat:
Originally posted by pantstickle:
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Originally posted by BHulman:
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
another bad throw.

You have to be kidding, he put it where only his receiver could get it, and Walker couldn't hold on.

Isnt it funny, how Alex has ALWAYS had the bad luck of having tipped balls/dropped passes. But then when another QB fills in, all these problems seem to disappear. Must be a conspiracy.............

Yep. No other quarterbacks ever have balls that go off the hands of receivers and into a defenders arms.

Not many QBs throw to a backup tight end who is being TRIPLE COVERED.

Please...it hit him in the hands. Walker should have used his body to shield the ball.

Don't give me that "please" crap. It was a good pass, but why the hell did he decide to go into triple coverage? That rarely works out, especially with backup players. Alex should know this.

Yeah, of course.

Nothing is ever Alex Smith's fault.

Dont bother. This will be a recurrent theme all season. Alex making bad plays, and his followers finding ways to blame the receivers. Throwing to a backup TE in triple coverage...........and then expecting that TE to make a miracle catch....this is typical of the fanbase on this forum.

Just as it's typical for guys like you to bash anything and everything he does. If they're wearing rose-colored glasses, you're wearing poo-colored glasses. Neither side is reasonable.

I'm not looking for anything to bash, I just hate seeing so many excuses made for Alex Smith. It never ends. He made a nice throw, but a bad decision. Is it really that hard to admit?

were did anyone say it was the best decision.

The point is the blame is being placed solely on Walker. He deserves his share of the blame, but the ball never should have been thrown to him.

Of course the ball could have been thrown to him. If a QB believes he can hit a receiver then he should. Smith threw the ball where Walker could catch it.

Why don't you Smith haters make more of his missed throw with Davis? That was under thrown ... oh, but I know why you guys don't do that ... because it would mess up your narrative of Smith always overthrowing receiving.

Get that "Smith Hater" bullsh*t out of here. I'm only calling people on their excuses made for Alex, which are never-ending.

We're not discussing the underthrow to Davis because I don't see any excuses being made about it. Don't make excuses and I won't say sh*t. Get it?

Sorry, hitting someone in the hands is an excuse. I guess Smith needs to block and catch along with playing QB.

Ummm, Walker never touched it, as per Matt M. But it was still a good throw by Smith, right ?

Anyone have the replay?

It was a good throw walker just tipped it up......
Originally posted by defenderDX:
another bad throw.

You have to be kidding, he put it where only his receiver could get it, and Walker couldn't hold on.

Isnt it funny, how Alex has ALWAYS had the bad luck of having tipped balls/dropped passes. But then when another QB fills in, all these problems seem to disappear. Must be a conspiracy.............

Yep. No other quarterbacks ever have balls that go off the hands of receivers and into a defenders arms.

Please...it hit him in the hands. Walker should have used his body to shield the ball.

Don't give me that "please" crap. It was a good pass, but why the hell did he decide to go into triple coverage? That rarely works out, especially with backup players. Alex should know this.

Yeah, of course.

Dont bother. This will be a recurrent theme all season. Alex making bad plays, and his followers finding ways to blame the receivers. Throwing to a backup TE in triple coverage...........and then expecting that TE to make a miracle catch....this is typical of the fanbase on this forum.

Just as it's typical for guys like you to bash anything and everything he does. If they're wearing rose-colored glasses, you're wearing poo-colored glasses. Neither side is reasonable.

I'm not looking for anything to bash, I just hate seeing so many excuses made for Alex Smith. It never ends. He made a nice throw, but a bad decision. Is it really that hard to admit?

The point is the blame is being placed solely on Walker. He deserves his share of the blame, but the ball never should have been thrown to him.

Of course the ball could have been thrown to him. If a QB believes he can hit a receiver then he should. Smith threw the ball where Walker could catch it.

Why don't you Smith haters make more of his missed throw with Davis? That was under thrown ... oh, but I know why you guys don't do that ... because it would mess up your narrative of Smith always overthrowing receiving.

Get that "Smith Hater" bullsh*t out of here. I'm only calling people on their excuses made for Alex, which are never-ending.

We're not discussing the underthrow to Davis because I don't see any excuses being made about it. Don't make excuses and I won't say sh*t. Get it?

Sorry, hitting someone in the hands is an excuse. I guess Smith needs to block and catch along with playing QB.

Ummm, Walker never touched it, as per Matt M. But it was still a good throw by Smith, right ?

Anyone have the replay?

I think had it been a WR and not D walk, they would have went up and grabbed that pass.
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
another bad throw.

Yeah, of course.

Anyone have the replay?

I think had it been a WR and not D walk, they would have went up and grabbed that pass.

I dont know why everyone is so worried. Alex and VD made that play at least 7 times last year. And it worked every time. This time, it didnt work with Delanie..against the COLTS. Yet the sky is falling?

Wow.
another bad throw.

Yeah, of course.

Anyone have the replay?

The ball was there, it can't always be perfect.
The pass to Walker should have been caught, he tipped it up in the air, it was intercepted. Z is just trying to bring his usual, biased nonsense to the table.

Can someone please update me on whether or not anyone recorded this so I can get a chance to see it?
Originally posted by niners94:
another bad throw.

Yeah, of course.

Anyone have the replay?

Alex made a GOOD throw, but you can't blame delanie. It wasn't easy to make the catch in that kind of traffic.
Originally posted by Winners:
Can someone please update me on whether or not anyone recorded this so I can get a chance to see it?

Do you have NFLN?
Originally posted by Winners:

Do you have NFLN?

Yeah but it looks like it's not showing again until 8am tomorrow morning
Originally posted by niners94:
another bad throw.

Yeah, of course.

Anyone have the replay?

Alex made a GOOD throw, but you can't blame delanie. It wasn't easy to make the catch in that kind of traffic.

My money says Vernon Davis WOULD HAVE CAUGHT THAT, hands down. That throw actually looked no different than most of the jump balls Alex threw to Davis last season (which primarily resulted into touchdowns).

In fact who would f**king put Walker into that situation? Poor matchup/play decision, Walker is more of an in-bound/short-yardage/possession/play-action TE.
Share 49ersWebzone