LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 226 users in the forums

PHILADELPHIA EAGLES VS. SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 5)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
The Eagles are like the Chiefs in term of speed. Mccoy and Jackson are true burners like Charles and Mccluster. If we play the way we play the Chiefs, its going to be a looooong night.
Come on guys, keep the faith. We are going to win this game. Get behind your team. Its still early on the season.
We will win, Westbrook will be the key and they Eagles will have a big emotional letdown after the Redskins game. Also, they have to travel across the country.
Well...so far we've played "OK" in nationally televised games this year (lol the ONE we've had vs the Saints).

Aannnnd thats pretty much the only hope I have going into this game.
vick is faking his injury. he just doesn't want to face us when we let the dogs out!
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
Well...so far we've played "OK" in nationally televised games this year (lol the ONE we've had vs the Saints).

It's sad. And I'm losing faith in Alex.

He has the ability to do well, but he's been trying to make too much happen at all the wrong times. I see a lot of forced throws. We can't win with this kind of inconsistency. For every good play he makes, he matches it with a bad one at some point in the game.

I support the kid, and I hope and pray for success here in Ninerland because that means we're winning games and he's turning it around. But I'm worried that's not going to happen.

I don't care if he tries to throw deep and it gets picked on a jump ball. I do care if he forces it into coverage.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Oct 3, 2010 at 10:41 PM ]
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
FML

Will we ever win a dagum game ?
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

He has the ability to do well, but he's been trying to make too much happen at all the wrong times. I see a lot of forced throws. We can't win with this kind of inconsistency. For every good play he makes, he matches it with a bad one at some point in the game.

I support the kid, and I hope and pray for success here in Ninerland because that means we're winning games and he's turning it around. But I'm worried that's not going to happen.

I don't care if he tries to throw deep and it gets picked on a jump ball. I do care if he forces it into coverage.

Totally agreed. us three were some of the biggest Alex Smith fans on the board, but I think I'm done with him.

If he would just throw it deep I'd be damn fine with him because those have been our best plays (VD in the saints game twice, one was a catch, one a PI; today the throw to delanie was a PI, the throw to josh morgan misses by a foot, and the throw to crabs needs to be in bounds).

I don't know what Alex's problem is, it's like he's scared of throwing interceptions so he'd rather throw into traffic on a short less then 10 yard routes instead of throwing deep to single coverage. TRUST YOUR RECEIVERS YOU p***y.
[ Edited by Method on Oct 3, 2010 at 10:48 PM ]
Originally posted by susweel:
FML

we're in luck. rumorville has it that the zebras that will ref our game against philly are going to throw flags all day on eagles.

we will finally win!
Originally posted by Method:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

Totally agreed. us three were some of the biggest Alex Smith fans on the board, but I think I'm done with him.

If he would just throw it deep I'd be damn fine with him because those have been our best plays (VD in the saints game twice, one was a catch, one a PI; today the throw to delanie was a PI, the throw to josh morgan misses by a foot, and the throw to crabs needs to be in bounds).

I don't know what Alex's problem is, it's like he's scared of throwing interceptions so he'd rather throw into traffic on a short less then 10 yard routes instead of throwing deep to single coverage. TRUST YOUR RECEIVERS YOU p***y.

Agreed. He plays like he's afraid to make a mistake and winds up making more because of it. That plus he struggles with accuracy and reading the defenses. He used to throw a decent deep ball before his shoulder injury but at this point I guess he doesn't trust himself or something and he's just damaged goods. I'm out.

Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
Originally posted by Bluefalcon61:
0-5!

kolb looks worse than alex and i didnt know that was possible......its going to be a ugly game but hopefully we win.
Originally posted by Snider8706:
kolb looks worse than alex and i didnt know that was possible......its going to be a ugly game but hopefully we win.

kolb will outplay smith
Kolb is gonna get pwned.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by seeking6th:
Originally posted by susweel:
FML

we're in luck. rumorville has it that the zebras that will ref our game against philly are going to throw flags all day on eagles.

we will finally win!

Yah cheat to win.
Share 49ersWebzone