LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 276 users in the forums

NFL Network top 5 Rb's

Shop Find 49ers gear online
these rankings are fair, just like the te ones, i am just happy that we have players showing up on these lists instead of the barlows battles and lloyds we trotted out over the past several seasons acting like they were legit playmakers
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by Dajanksta:
Originally posted by Draftology:
Originally posted by Num1player16:
1. Chris Johnson
2. AP
3. Steven Jackson
4. Frank Gore
t-5. Michael Turner
t-5. MJD

Pretty fair except I think gore's better than jackson. jackson's hurt more than gore

Jackson is a BEAST. This ranking is fair.

Gore had 9 more Td's and more runs of 20+ and 40+ yards.
Gore wasn't on the worst team in the NFL

exactly he gets the ball less because we actually have wr's to throw the ball to.

eh it all negates out b/c he has the worst oline in the universe too

both o-lines were awful last year

Ours was the worst in the entire league.

Gore > Jackson
Originally posted by crabman82:
these rankings are fair, just like the te ones, i am just happy that we have players showing up on these lists instead of the barlows battles and lloyds we trotted out over the past several seasons acting like they were legit playmakers

finley vs. vd?? really why is there a tie..how does someone tie an NFL record and barely be tied for 5th
Originally posted by redrathman:
1. Chris Johnson
2. AP
3. Steven Jackson
4. Frank Gore
t-5. Michael Turner
t-5. MJD

Pretty fair except I think gore's better than jackson. jackson's hurt more than gore

Jackson has missed eight games in six years, averaging 1.3 games missed per year. Gore has missed seven games in five years, averaging 1.4 games missed per year.

HOW DARE YOU IGNORE THE STATISTICS

how much would .4 games be? 24 mins?
jackson would be the best back in the league if he had a line hands down no disrespect to gore but the ranking is fair
Originally posted by bornaniner:
1. Chris Johnson
2. AP
3. Steven Jackson
4. Frank Gore
t-5. Michael Turner
t-5. MJD

Jackson has missed eight games in six years, averaging 1.3 games missed per year. Gore has missed seven games in five years, averaging 1.4 games missed per year.

jackson would be the best back in the league if he had a line hands down no disrespect to gore but the ranking is fair

jackson isn't better than cj or ap
1. Chris Johnson
2. AP
3. Steven Jackson
4. Frank Gore
t-5. Michael Turner
t-5. MJD

No he wouldn't. You can discredit Gore if you want, but there's no way he's better than Chris Johnson or Adrian Peterson. NO WAY.
1. Chris Johnson
2. AP
3. Steven Jackson
4. Frank Gore
t-5. Michael Turner
t-5. MJD

that is Right! I watched Jackson looks like a Real Beast and damn Strong to hit them make hole when they scared him cuz they missed to tackle him!.. I likes Steven Jackson alot and very good a Beast!!
This top 4 is exactly how I would pick them. My homerism would want to put Gore at 3 but in reality, Jackson is truly a tad better.

Gore is definitely the 4th best in the league.

Can we merge this with the Frank Gore is vastly under-appreciated thread I started?
1. Chris Johnson
2. AP
3. Steven Jackson
4. Frank Gore
t-5. Michael Turner
t-5. MJD

Originally posted by 49erRider:
1. Chris Johnson
2. AP
3. Steven Jackson
4. Frank Gore
t-5. Michael Turner
t-5. MJD

No he wouldn't. You can discredit Gore if you want, but there's no way he's better than Chris Johnson or Adrian Peterson. NO WAY.

discredit this!!!!!
gore will outperform jackson by a mile this year.

1. Chris Johnson
2. AP
3. Steven Jackson
4. Frank Gore
t-5. Michael Turner
t-5. MJD

Gore had 9 more Td's and more runs of 20+ and 40+ yards.

And jackson can't go more then 10 yards before he's caught from behind... Gore can go 80 and not be caught. I'd say it's cj, peterson, gore, mjd, steven, turner, and felix jones that guy is going to be a baller if he can stay healthy for the cowgirls.

Add the fact are oline is the worst. we line up and run the same 5 plays in iform and there all runs because that's just the jimmy raye way.
[ Edited by TheGoldDiggerrrr on Jul 7, 2010 at 9:05 PM ]
1. Chris Johnson
2. AP
3. Steven Jackson
4. Frank Gore
t-5. Michael Turner
t-5. MJD

With their OLine issues you'd be hurt more too.

I think that it's fair until Gore drops those 2 bills on the rest of the league like he promised.

It may actually even happen, since we have a hell of a Pass catchin/ Run Blocking TE to take off some pressure and now have actually gone out and signed a knowledgeable OL Coach and Brought Ray aboard to help get these guys to where they need to be.

~Ceadder
[ Edited by Ceadderman on Jul 7, 2010 at 9:03 PM ]
IMO we havent seen the best of Frank Gore.
IMO:

All things considered, Gore is better than Jackson and AP.

I can't claim to have watched every St.Louise game, but I do see them at least two times a year when they play the Niners. Never once can I remember walking away from a game thinking how great Jackson is or that I would want him over Gore. In fact, I dont even remember seeing him on many ESPN weekly highlight reels. Gore on the other hand is a human highlight reel. When I think of Gore, I think of back to back 80 yard runs to tie Barry Sanders record. I think of him breaking 3 and 4 man gang tackles. I think of him emerging on the other side of a pile of 300lb lineman against all hope and taking it to the house. It just seems like Gore is always doing something against all odds. Things that make you say," wow how did he do that?"

As far as AP is concerned, let me say this. He is a more dynamic runner than Gore. He has more moves and more speed, but the frequency and timing of his fumbles almost kick him out of the top 5 for me. I'll take a 1500 yard runner over a 1750 yard runner with three time the fumbles any day of the week. Ball security is just as important as yards per carry especially when we are talking about elite back vs. elite back. I also think you have to consider the total meltdown (fumbles) he had vs. the Saints in the playoffs. If I had to choose Gore or AP to play for me in a Superbowl, I would take Gore all day every day. Again, to be clear, the diffrence between elite backs is very small, a large amount of fumbles should completly disqualify you.
[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Jul 7, 2010 at 10:07 PM ]
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
IMO:

All things considered, Gore is better than Jackson and AP.

I can't claim to have watched every St.Louise game, but I do see them at least two times a year when they play the Niners. Never once can I remember walking away from a game thinking how great Jackson is or that I would want him over Gore. In fact, I dont even remember seeing him on many ESPN weekly highlight reels. Gore on the other hand is a human highlight reel. When I think of Gore, I think of back to back 80 yard runs to tie Barry Sanders record. I think of him breaking 3 and 4 man gang tackles. I think of him emerging on the other side of a pile of 300lb lineman against all hope and taking it to the house. It just seems like Gore is always doing something against all odds. Things that make you say," wow how did he do that?"

As far as AP is concerned, let me say this. He is a more dynamic runner than Gore. He has more moves and more speed, but the frequency and timing of his fumbles almost kick him out of the top 5 for me. I'll take a 1500 yard runner over a 1750 yard runner with three time the fumbles any day of the week. Ball security is just as important as yards per carry especially when we are talking about elite back vs. elite back. I also think you have to consider the total meltdown (fumbles) he had vs. the Saints in the playoffs. If I had to choose Gore or AP to play for me in a Superbowl, I would take Gore all day every day. Again, to be clear, the diffrence between elite backs is very small, a large amount of fumbles should completly disqualify you.

Gore does have his own fumbling problem as well, not as much as AP, but also adding that Gore is a MUCHHHHHH better receiver out of the back field, and is a very good pass protector, probably the best out of all the other 5 RB's listed.

Share 49ersWebzone