There are 141 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Does FB Moran Norris make the 53-man roster in 2010?

Does FB Moran Norris make the 53-man roster in 2010?



Greetings from Paris, fellow 49er fans! I am here for work for a few weeks, but that doesn't mean I can abandon the Zone... even in the quietest months of the off-season!

First of all, the women in Paris are amazing. Like, really amazing. They really know how to dress here. It's nice. Very nice.

Second, I'm reading a lot of posts and predictions regarding FB Moran Norris not making the 53-man cut in August. To which I say... huh?

I really don't get it. Moran is Frank's guy. He plows the way for #21.

The rock goes to #21. #44 leads the way.

Granted, Norris is getting older. And yes, looking for a replacement isn't out of the question. But really, do you guys really think Miller or Caulcrick is going to be Frank's guy? What have you seen from either guy that would make you think he can step in and have the intelligence and power Norris brings as a blocker for Frank?

Yes, I know Miller was pretty impressive in last year's preseason... but that's when he was catching the football in the 4th quarter of exhibition games. We've never seen Miller block for Frank against first teamers and do things like recognize blitz packages and adjust accordingly.

And yes, Norris is not much of a threat with the football in his hands these days, but has his run blocking turned to poo that quickly? Do you guys really think Norris will be replaced with a player that has never played in a regular season NFL game?

I just don't see it. IMO, Norris is a lock for the 53. What do you think?
Moran Norris makes the roster by default... Shaun Hill was a well liked player as well but imagine if we had a player like Lawrence Vickers or Leonard Weaver perhaps? Must upgrade next off-season!
  • GORO
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 1,802
I think that Moran Norris should earn his spot and not make the team just because he is close to FRANK GORE.
He'll make it, otherwise we won't have a fullback. There's no Keasey this time and it's not like we drafted a guy to take over for him.

I predict Miller will likely be on the practice squad again.

-9fA

[ Edited by 9erfanAUS on Jul 1, 2010 at 15:30:10 ]
Yes . . . Miller and Caulcrick are not legit competition.
Originally posted by GORO:
I think that Moran Norris should earn his spot and not make the team just because he is close to FRANK GORE.

Wait... What?
Yes he will make the team. Should he, I don't know? He seems to have lost a step or two if you ask me.
Originally posted by NickSh49:


Greetings from Paris, fellow 49er fans! I am here for work for a few weeks, but that doesn't mean I can abandon the Zone... even in the quietest months of the off-season!

First of all, the women in Paris are amazing. Like, really amazing. They really know how to dress here. It's nice. Very nice.

Second, I'm reading a lot of posts and predictions regarding FB Moran Norris not making the 53-man cut in August. To which I say... huh?

I really don't get it. Moran is Frank's guy. He plows the way for #21.

The rock goes to #21. #44 leads the way.

Granted, Norris is getting older. And yes, looking for a replacement isn't out of the question. But really, do you guys really think Miller or Caulcrick is going to be Frank's guy? What have you seen from either guy that would make you think he can step in and have the intelligence and power Norris brings as a blocker for Frank?

Yes, I know Miller was pretty impressive in last year's preseason... but that's when he was catching the football in the 4th quarter of exhibition games. We've never seen Miller block for Frank against first teamers and do things like recognize blitz packages and adjust accordingly.

And yes, Norris is not much of a threat with the football in his hands these days, but has his run blocking turned to poo that quickly? Do you guys really think Norris will be replaced with a player that has never played in a regular season NFL game?

I just don't see it. IMO, Norris is a lock for the 53. What do you think?

looks like he pissed himself
My guess is no and here's why. The Niners drafted a beast in Nate Byham, TE out of Pitt as a blocking TE. If he proves to be as good of a blocker as he is supposed to be, the Niners can save a roster spot by not carrying a true FB. This type of flexibility might be needed for additional LB's, offensive or defensive lineman, and secondary help.
He better.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
My guess is no and here's why. The Niners drafted a beast in Nate Byham, TE out of Pitt as a blocking TE. If he proves to be as good of a blocker as he is supposed to be, the Niners can save a roster spot by not carrying a true FB. This type of flexibility might be needed for additional LB's, offensive or defensive lineman, and secondary help.

Under that scenario, probably secondary or another STer
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
My guess is no and here's why. The Niners drafted a beast in Nate Byham, TE out of Pitt as a blocking TE. If he proves to be as good of a blocker as he is supposed to be, the Niners can save a roster spot by not carrying a true FB. This type of flexibility might be needed for additional LB's, offensive or defensive lineman, and secondary help.

I completely agree, and for all the same reasons.

I think it is a close call but in the end, I think Sing will let him go in favor of greater flexibility on his team, especially in the secondary.
Not sure that I want him back, but he probably will be. He seems to have slowed down too much to get in front of Gore on lead blocks off tackle. I'm intrigued by Brit Miller and even Caulcrick, and would expect one of them to be on the PS.
if moron, i mean moran (what were his parents thinking?) doesn't make the team, who gets the ball on the crucial 3rd and 2 dive play up the middle? Jimmy Raye isnt going to lose a staple of his play book...

for as little as a threat as the fullback is in the offense, why not just put Baas there, and let him blast holes for frank? I always thought that justin smiley, as mobile as he was, would have been an interesting option at fullback

and as far as the orginal poster observations on how the french woman dress, they undress even better.......so ive heard, never actually had relationship with a madam
Where is the "I hope not" button?
Sadly he will make it and waste a roster spot for another year.