Is Anthony Davis a BUST?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Is Anthony Davis a BUST?

Originally posted by BuZzB28:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Yes, Anthony Davis is a bust..... SMH

I wonder.. did you watch him in trainning camp?? he is a bust?

Yeah BuZz, He sucks

oh man! Anthony Davis should f**king a bench and maybe play next year? I think, Alex Boone is improve and gain for strength a football this year? check it out about Alex Boone.....

http://www.49ers.com/media-gallery/videos/On-the-Fringe-Alex-Boone/e713e82e-82f0-4eba-ab7c-5eb4e16dadf7

English please.
Worst. Thread. Evar.

Evar.
over or under 30 pages?
Originally posted by danimal:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by danimal:
Originally posted by billbird2111:
I still think it's a relevant question. Our 1st pick in the draft didn't do so well in OTA's.

I thought someone might be a tad concerned.

Guess I was wrong.

It is a valid question. I think you are just forgetting where you are posting.

I could have made the same post about Rashaun Woods after his first OTA's and all the responses would have been the same.

People want to see a few bad games first before passing judgement, well hello....if you can't separate yourself in OTA's and practices, you won't be playing in any games anyway.

The fact of the matter here is every single 49er fan would have much preferred he kicked ass in OTA's. The mere fact that is what people would have wanted the most, and it did not happen is telling.

Most zoners don't have a sense of a meter reading on busthood vs Pro Bowler. Its just wait and find out in 3-4 years. Well, the people who decide these things don't wear the blinders many zoners do....you better freaking believe this does get Davis bad early marks on the grade sheet of the people who matter.

Bottom line, his playing poorly out the gate is not a good thing.

p.s. Also, mathematical odds are only one of these two linemen work out for us. Anyone who still does not realize that 1st rounders have a about a 50% success career rate is a little far behind. So this just falls into should have expected it territory if you ask me

He hasn't even put on the pads yet so there is no way to say he is a bust. This post is irrelevant until he has a body of work to be judged on.

He does have a body of work. His first OTA's. Its just like the old Alex Smith debates. Whenever you just want to throw away some work and completely ignore it, your position is flawed imo.

Alex Smiths rookie year should be ignored because of the team around him
Anthony Davis OTA's should be ignored because they were playing in shorts

See the pattern?

BTW...my answer was "Way too early to tell". I know it is too early to tell...but at the same time I am not going to just ignore this either.

If you think you can tell by one OTA whether or not a guy is a bust more power to you. The only pattern is a pattern of overreaction and making judgment based on inconclusive facts. You have the right answer though...way way too early for this question.
That is one of the dumbest questions I've ever heard, he hasn't even had a training camp yet. Goodness gracious.
yes he is we should cut him before TC starts
Originally posted by GoldenIowa49er:
over or under 30 pages?

gotta take the over
He's a rookie 1st round pick, learning to play in the NFL. So if he's a bust, all the guys that came from the draft are in essence busts too. Cause at this point (OTA) they ALL can't play in the NFL..
Give me a f**king break
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Phil Barber's report on Anthony Davis following the just concluded minicamp is none too encouraging.

In his words: "It's hard to get an accurate read in non-contact drills, but the big kid occasionally struggled with both timing (false starts) and pass blocking."

I pray to GOD that we didn't draft another Lame Kwame Harris -- but I'll admit -- I'm worried. I was hoping the two rookie linemen we took with our first round picks would at least distinguish themselves -- but no such luck.

So -- I'm a little down. Sour milk for breakfast.

Anyone feel me?
holy sh** this site is bored
The Article

Originally posted by jones49:
Yes, Anthony Davis is a bust..... SMH

I wonder.. did you watch him in trainning camp?? he is a bust?

Yeah BuZz, He sucks

oh man! Anthony Davis should f**king a bench and maybe play next year? I think, Alex Boone is improve and gain for strength a football this year? check it out about Alex Boone.....

http://www.49ers.com/media-gallery/videos/On-the-Fringe-Alex-Boone/e713e82e-82f0-4eba-ab7c-5eb4e16dadf7

English please.

Yeah BuZz, you gotta cut that sh*t out man... talking dyslexic got old quick, speak english.
~Ceadder
leave the kid alone and let him learn
The BUS thread actually makes WAY more sense

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/thread.php?num=142716
Share 49ersWebzone