There are 291 users in the forums

Is Anthony Davis a BUST?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Is Anthony Davis a BUST?

• GORO
  • Veteran
Anthony Davis and Adam Snyder have been playing really good on the right side of the line. Joe Staley is the player I think should be playing better.
i just realized this was thread was created before he played his first game. If you voted yes please go ahead and put your name down so I can disregard every post that you make.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
He's playing a lot better this year.
It's amazing how many people last year were clamoring for someone to replace Rachal because putting a young, raw tackle next to a young, sub-par guard would stunt his development. Wouldn't you know, Harbaugh and his guys figure it out, put in Snyder, and now not only is Snyder playing better than Rachal, but Davis is playing better next to him.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
There are some guys who show right away whether they can play or not, but for the most part it takes 2-3 years for an underclassmen/rookie to assimilate to the pro game.
Real proud of Anthony Davis. He's been playing really well and improving this year. Can't ask for anything better.
Originally posted by mcbeevy:
Real proud of Anthony Davis. He's been playing really well and improving this year. Can't ask for anything better.

How bout we ask him to play like a Pro Bowler for chrissakes. f**k!
I am still inclined to slide Davis inside to RG and see what Alex Boone's got at RT... BUT... I know that's only grand in theory.

Davis and Snyder have been doing too good a job to be messing around with that right now. I want to see more though, and am glad we have plenty of football left (and a whole offseason) to decide what's best for the OL. My guess is that with a full offseason? our very best starting 5 would be:

Staley -- Iupati -- Goodwin -- Davis -- Boone

.. but I am flexible, so long as the OL is doing their job.
[ Edited by oldman9er on Nov 17, 2011 at 11:45 AM ]
Originally posted by sspiker:
It's amazing how many people last year were clamoring for someone to replace Rachal because putting a young, raw tackle next to a young, sub-par guard would stunt his development. Wouldn't you know, Harbaugh and his guys figure it out, put in Snyder, and now not only is Snyder playing better than Rachal, but Davis is playing better next to him.

This.
Davis looks great out there, they all do

Originally posted by oldman9er:
I am still inclined to slide Davis inside to RG and see what Alex Boone's got at RT... BUT... I know that's only grand in theory.

Davis and Snyder have been doing too good a job to be messing around with that right now. I want to see more though, and am glad we have plenty of football left (and a whole offseason) to decide what's best for the OL. My guess is that with a full offseason? our very best starting 5 would be:

I know you watch a lot of Oline film, but what has Boone accomplished that makes you think he would be better than Davis on the right side? I know he is big, but what else? If anything, try him on the left. Just curious.
Originally posted by oldman9er:

Very intriguing indeed! I would imagine Davis would be quite the road-grader at RG. Boone does play well on the edges and is getting quite a bit of time there.

I'd certainly consider in the offseason though it would be tough to break up b/c both Snyder/Davis are playing very well together and both play with some passion.

In 2012, via FA, we should be looking to upgrade the LT position big time - ppl don't realize how important this position is esp. to our offense. Again, Staley gave up two sacks (the second, the penalty was declined) was a major liability in the run game on most plays and had that ball fluttered into the hands of the Giants, we may not be talking about 8-1 right now. Staley, with help from Iupati, gets beat way too many times...Alex was once again hit by his man as he was throwing (on 3rd down and it would have been a 1st down too) and fortunately, that ball floated to the ground with three Giants standing nearby. It was harmless THIS TIME. If it was one game, no worries but Staley is and has either reached his ceiling or is starting to regress IMHO. And unfortunately, it's on Alex's blind side...we need more consistency there and a peace of mind for Alex and the RB's when they rush to that side off-tackle.
[ Edited by NCommand on Nov 17, 2011 at 12:10 PM ]
eat crow time????

Anyone who starts a thread with [insert name of 49ers] "sucks" "is great" "bust",... should have their handle changed for one week to "I Eat Crow" and that thread should be bumped.

PS: my JTO and Hill threads were only bandwagon threads.
[ Edited by Joecool on Nov 17, 2011 at 12:56 PM ]
According to wikipedia he runs a llama farm in his free time
Share 49ersWebzone