There are 76 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Is Anthony Davis a BUST?

Is Anthony Davis a BUST?

He's getting better......
Too much was expected too soon. He can be a special lineman for us. He and Iupati are studs.
after Anthony Davis pushed around Suh and Schwartz I have been getting the impression that he is a s**t talking bad ass on the line. Alex Smith was talking about it on a KNBR interview and I am really excited about him recently. Who doesn't love a bully on the O-line?
Seems its been a while since he's been penalized. I think he's coming around and pushing people around.
He and Snyder played virtually 1on1 the entire game against the Giants and Snyder only gave up that spin-move sack; outstanding job with virtually no help and AD has been stellar for a while now. He gets better and better each week. Given Staley's inability to move his man at the POA, I'm most surprised we haven't been running more to Synder & Davis' said with Iupati continuing to pull like what we saw in Detroit. Can you imagine Hunter running off-tackle (Davis)? Huge gains esp. if we overload that side with TE's and with the blocking of Miller. Fantastic!

If we do this against the Cards and Hunter starts, expect a huge day for him!
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I voted, Way to Early, but has anyone seen how fat he's gotten? Dude needs to lose a some weight.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Nov 17, 2011 at 11:33 AM ]
Originally posted by NCommand:
He and Snyder played virtually 1on1 the entire game against the Giants and Snyder only gave up that spin-move sack; outstanding job with virtually no help and AD has been stellar for a while now. He gets better and better each week. Given Staley's inability to move his man at the POA, I'm most surprised we haven't been running more to Synder & Davis' said with Iupati continuing to pull like what we saw in Detroit. Can you imagine Hunter running off-tackle (Davis)? Huge gains esp. if we overload that side with TE's and with the blocking of Miller. Fantastic!

If we do this against the Cards and Hunter starts, expect a huge day for him!

I know it's been mentioned, but the kid is still VERY young and because of the lock-out he lost his first opportunity to be guided by a legit NFL off season work-out program. Loving the progress and if he reaches potential watch the eff out!
  • GORO
  • Veteran
Anthony Davis and Adam Snyder have been playing really good on the right side of the line. Joe Staley is the player I think should be playing better.
i just realized this was thread was created before he played his first game. If you voted yes please go ahead and put your name down so I can disregard every post that you make.
He's playing a lot better this year.
It's amazing how many people last year were clamoring for someone to replace Rachal because putting a young, raw tackle next to a young, sub-par guard would stunt his development. Wouldn't you know, Harbaugh and his guys figure it out, put in Snyder, and now not only is Snyder playing better than Rachal, but Davis is playing better next to him.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
There are some guys who show right away whether they can play or not, but for the most part it takes 2-3 years for an underclassmen/rookie to assimilate to the pro game.
Real proud of Anthony Davis. He's been playing really well and improving this year. Can't ask for anything better.
Originally posted by mcbeevy:
Real proud of Anthony Davis. He's been playing really well and improving this year. Can't ask for anything better.

How bout we ask him to play like a Pro Bowler for chrissakes. f**k!
I am still inclined to slide Davis inside to RG and see what Alex Boone's got at RT... BUT... I know that's only grand in theory.

Davis and Snyder have been doing too good a job to be messing around with that right now. I want to see more though, and am glad we have plenty of football left (and a whole offseason) to decide what's best for the OL. My guess is that with a full offseason? our very best starting 5 would be:

Staley -- Iupati -- Goodwin -- Davis -- Boone

.. but I am flexible, so long as the OL is doing their job.
[ Edited by oldman9er on Nov 17, 2011 at 11:45 AM ]