There are 90 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Is Anthony Davis a BUST?

Is Anthony Davis a BUST?

• Shemp
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Hessian's right on this, and again, like so many other positions on the field, I just can't say they are a bust until they have had a great coach. Well, they got one, but he has only been here for 3 weeks if that. So guys like AD and Rachal to me are just college guys, drafted way too young, and desperately in need of great coaching. Okay, let's see what JH can do...or what he does. If he schidt cans Rachal, then my guess is, he figured chilo just didn't have it. Hard for me to believe tho that JH could have come to a decision like that being around these guys for such a short time. The piece i read about rachal and JH elsewhere, however, does make me wonder if chilo will be here or playing elsewhere this yr. This is a great game to see what our OL has been able to absorb in such a short period of time. Even the greatest coaches need some time, especially with the OL which is not the easiest position to play. My focus is going to be primarily on the OL tonite, starters and especially the backups. also I am curious if JH has been able to coach around our DBs and corners. Some hurt, some not, but DBs and corners are a great place to attack us...i wonder if JH has been able to scheme around them? We'll see shortly. As for alex, sure i'll see him and kap too, but my main focus will be as noted above.

you and hessian are way too patient and quick to provide excuses. I wish either of you were my manager at work!
I guess it depends on your definition of a bust.

Could we have had better players at the time? Yes.

Will those players be better in the future? Yes.

Does this mean Davis can't possibly be worth his draft spot? Yes.

Does this mean Davis can't possibly play like someone in his draft spot would play? No.

I hope that makes sense.
i was watching the replay and it should be noted that a. davis did a great job going against mario williams and company last game. he played a very solid game and played williams 1 on 1.
http://youtu.be/4zElNG77VMs?t=3m6s

OMG watch him from 3:06 to 3:18. I'm speechless
Originally posted by Evilgenius:
I guess it depends on your definition of a bust.

Could we have had better players at the time? Yes.

Will those players be better in the future? Yes.

Does this mean Davis can't possibly be worth his draft spot? Yes.

Does this mean Davis can't possibly play like someone in his draft spot would play? No.

I hope that makes sense.

Still to early, I usually give it 3 seasons to judge. At this point he is still growing. We gave up way to early on Harvey Dahl, I know he was a guard, and he really turned it around. We will certainly know a lot more by the end of the season.

I'm not impressed w/ him at this point. I know this is no consolation, BUT the Rams first round pick OT Smith is riding the pine cause he sucks. I think he was a top 5 pick.
He's not a bust yet but Chilo is.
21 years old, still growing and maturing into his body. Was an underclassman coming from Rutgers. He's very, very raw still. If there's no improvement after year 4? Then maybe.

Rachal? ABSOLUTE TOTAL COMPLETE BUST.
[ Edited by NinerGM on Sep 28, 2011 at 9:39 AM ]
Love the way dude plays nasty and fights til and past the whistle. He owned Suh on Gore's TD run. Just drove him to the ground. He doesn't back down from anyone. Always protects and picks up his teammates.
Originally posted by angelv05:
Love the way dude plays nasty and fights til and past the whistle. He owned Suh on Gore's TD run. Just drove him to the ground. He doesn't back down from anyone. Always protects and picks up his teammates.

yeah, i love that he's the enforcer on the line.
He also protected Schwartz from Harbaugh's fist. He's an awesome blocker
Member Milestone: This is post number 800 for daWest.
he's jekyll n' hyde...still waiting to see some consistenly good play
Originally posted by 49ERFANb4Uwas:

Yeah so did Vernon, of coarse Chilo was hiding in the back, no surprise there.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by angelv05:

Yea...just needs to get there mentally.
  • kush
  • Veteran
Originally posted by brizznasty:
Originally posted by 49ERFANb4Uwas:

Yeah so did Vernon, of coarse Chilo was hiding in the back, no surprise there.