LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 221 users in the forums

Is Anthony Davis a BUST?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Is Anthony Davis a BUST?

He'll be awesome. He has the drive to get where he needs to go, it just may take some time.
Originally posted by yoshi:
No, playing left tackle all the way.
bulaga got way better as the season went along.. anthony davis kinda plateaued.......... I'm not sure if its him, or because he has chilo playing next to him.
I'm starting to lean more and more towards YES. I mean one play he jumped offsides and STILL got beat by Will Smith. This guy might have to stay on the right side cuz he will get killed on the left side. Not sure I can deal with him all year.
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:
I'm starting to lean more and more towards YES. I mean one play he jumped offsides and STILL got beat by Will Smith. This guy might have to stay on the right side cuz he will get killed on the left side. Not sure I can deal with him all year.

THIS

Getting more and more worried... he just doesn't look to have what it takes to play outside at this next level. Might have to move him to RG. Not giving up yet on him... but I strongly suspect he can't do the job at OT.
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
Originally posted by yoshi:
No, playing left tackle all the way.
bulaga got way better as the season went along.. anthony davis kinda plateaued.......... I'm not sure if its him, or because he has chilo playing next to him.

Last year the Packers and 49ers had two of the worst pass blocking offensive lines in the NFL. So it was no surprise that both teams went out and drafted tackles in the first round of this year's draft.
But if you thought that a team's pass protection problems can be solved with a first-round tackle, you'd be sorely mistaken. It's not fun to be a rookie tackle in the NFL. There were four tackles taken in the first round of the 2010 draft. Three of them (Anthony Davis, Trent Williams and Bryan Bulaga) rank among the bottom 15 in the NFL in sacks allowed this season. The fourth, Russell Okung, has only started five games because of injuries.

http://www.aolnews.com/2010/12/04/o-line-em-up-whos-responsible-for-the-sacks-week-12/
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
They need switch him to his natural position at left tackle. Joe Staley has really gone down the last couple of years.
Now I'm starting to see why the cowgirls laughed at us for picking him.
Originally posted by blunt_probe:

i believe they had him rated as a 3rd rd pick.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by OptimusPrime52:
Originally posted by blunt_probe:

i believe they had him rated as a 3rd rd pick.
looks another great pick by Baalke
Originally posted by susweel:

still to early to start labeling players one way or the other. it was the first preseason game after only 11 practices in a new scheme, relax.

• kray28
  • Veteran
Originally posted by OptimusPrime52:
still to early to start labeling players one way or the other. it was the first preseason game after only 11 practices in a new scheme, relax.

Eh...I'm kind of worried about the pick now. He looked effin awful out there, just as bad as he was last year. He's not a rookie anymore, and Iupati looks far more solid.

Not putting the ineffectiveness of the OL all on him (Snyder and Rachal were also awful), but he's supposed to be one of the best linemen we have...and he frankly sucks.
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by kray28:
Eh...I'm kind of worried about the pick now. He looked effin awful out there, just as bad as he was last year. He's not a rookie anymore, and Iupati looks far more solid.

Not putting the ineffectiveness of the OL all on him (Snyder and Rachal were also awful), but he's supposed to be one of the best linemen we have...and he frankly sucks.

I'm not feeling good about Davis either..... our OL played awful last night.
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:

Baalke needed to get housecleaned too....but I guess the yorkies didn't want to pay a real GM.
Originally posted by Shaj:
Originally posted by kray28:

I'm not feeling good about Davis either..... our OL played awful last night.

we are only 11 practices in. the games dont count right now so there really isnt much to worry about at this time. last night might have actually been a blessing for us. it showed harbaugh exactly what he is working with and what/who needs improving.
everyone was a bust yesterday according to you guys. its the first preseason game, chill out...
Share 49ersWebzone