There are 68 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Forget About the Secondary - NT Is Now a HUGE Concern for 2010

Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by toppdogg32:
This is why I kept screaming for us to draft a NT in the last 3 drafts!!!..Of course I was roundly booed for such a suggestion... Looks like I am right yet again .. They need to scour the waiver wire or explore a trade for a young backup NT, or get a wiley vet-because this has the potential to get BAD!!

Mind your shoulder.

I don't recall anyone being booed for suggesting we draft a NT, either as a starter or as a backup. Quite the opposite, in fact. Most posters here have recognised this vulnerability for some time, just as they have the O line problems.

Completely disagree!.. I wish I could have saved the posts..Like I said I been saying this for about 3 years running(esp. @ draft time) and I'd always get-"nah we need another WR", "Boo, we need more CB's,", etc. I dont know how its possible, but go back and you'll see
I still think we need to draft a CB before we draft a NT
Neither NT nor the secondary is a concern for 2010. We are better off this year than last in both those areas. I don't get this thread. 2011 is a different matter.
At 30yrs old and 7million on the line, I think there is ZERO chance he sits out. Not coming to minicamp just shows me he is lazy as this is clearly a bluff.
a big deal about nothing, he'll play this year just like chris johnson and darrelle revis
  • DVDA
  • Veteran
He's hoping for a contract. Four years 23-27 million >>>>>>>>> 1 year 7 million. He will make more this year than he did in his previous three year deal. If he gets hurt this year he can kiss somewhere in the range of 16 million goodbye. He will play this year but he may wait until the last minute to join the team in hopes of making that money.
Really quick:

If Franklin does not sign his tender, he does not get paid this year. It's literally that simple. And he knows as much. And even if he doesn't, you can bet his agent does. With that being said, I have no concerns about him playing-- he definitely will.

My only concern is how long will he hold out, and when he decides to show, will he be in game shape?

Beyond that it blows my mind that players routinely hold out over crap like this. What's so bad about making a guaranteed $7 mil this year? Get your butt into camp, and play. And if your performance this season is anything like the last, you'll get taken care of.

I think he needs to show a little more faith in the 49ers' front office. We're pretty good about taking care of our own money-wise.
Originally posted by baltien:
Really quick:

If Franklin does not sign his tender, he does not get paid this year. It's literally that simple. And he knows as much. And even if he doesn't, you can bet his agent does. With that being said, I have no concerns about him playing-- he definitely will.

My only concern is how long will he hold out, and when he decides to show, will he be in game shape?

Beyond that it blows my mind that players routinely hold out over crap like this. What's so bad about making a guaranteed $7 mil this year? Get your butt into camp, and play. And if your performance this season is anything like the last, you'll get taken care of.

I think he needs to show a little more faith in the 49ers' front office. We're pretty good about taking care of our own money-wise.

This.
Everyone knew he wouldn't report til TC. Why is this shocking?
Hanyesworth wants to be traded....just saying
Originally posted by TeambyTheBay:

He seems like a player who will fall off big time after his payday...
Originally posted by baltien:
Really quick:

Fully agreed! He wants to make money, so he will be playing. Are they even trying to work out a contract with him? or is he asking for some seriously ridiculous figure? He was in a contract year, so we really don't even know if he can have as good of a season this year...

While it did bother me that we didn't draft at least one big DL to groom, the front office doesn't seem too worried about the situation. He is not going to skip out on 7 million just to get a big contract. If he does, it will cost him a lot more than 7 million...
Originally posted by GoldenIowa49er:

what do you mean "seems like"?
It's not that big of a deal. Our run-defense was solid before last year. Our run-defense has been solid for a few years now. What we were always missing was a pass rusher and if Brooks can be a difference maker, then it will change the opposition's blocking scheme either way.
Originally posted by GoldenIowa49er:

he got paid already and made the Pro Bowl again last year

he doesn't want to play for the Skins anymore though