There are 54 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Navarro Bowman

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Spikes may not get his job back. I'm calling it now. That's my prediction.

Sing wont bench Spike's and Heitman, having 2 captains sitting is not good.
Originally posted by jreff22:

That's a valid point. Best case scenario is that if Bowman succeeds, it will be Spikes&Bowman rotation depending on the defensive package.
Word on the street is that Spike's got hurt while doing his celebratory dance.

If he is better, younger and faster why not?
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Spikes will be back in there when he's healthy. Bowman made more than a few mistakes in coverage on monday. Lets not get all moist just yet.

No he didn't. All the pass plays made on him were short gains and the Saints punted on all of those drives.

If he is better, younger and faster why not?

I cant see him out playing Spikes this early, and Spikes should only be out 1-2 weeks (I'm assuming). Like another poster said maybe a rotation for them.....?
Originally posted by susweel:

That did seem like it was cut short...
Originally posted by ninerfan21:
Originally posted by susweel:

That did seem like it was cut short...

yup, i told my wife to watch his dance and then he stopped and my was like, well that was dumb
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Bowman = Patrick Willis Jr.
Originally posted by jrg:

Yeah, he's a miniature Willis, the guy has unbelievable speed and field vision/instincts, and can make the right tackles when it counts. It's time he learns his place now before he takes over next year when (it hurts me to say this) Spikes' contract might not be renewed.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:

Yeah, he's a miniature Willis, the guy has unbelievable speed and field vision/instincts, and can make the right tackles when it counts. It's time he learns his place now before he takes over next year when (it hurts me to say this) Spikes' contract might not be renewed.

Spikes is getting too old as is. I'd like to see him come back as an assistant LB coach/ dance instructor though
[ Edited by ninerfan21 on Sep 22, 2010 at 4:46 PM ]
Originally posted by ninerfan21:
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:

Spikes is getting too old as is. I'd like to see him come back as an assistant LB coach/ dance instructor though

Spikes is a great leader for that defense, but it is definitely time to groom an replacement. Bowman is promising for sure, but I agree with not getting too moist at this early juncture.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
I'm happy we have Bowman, and know hes our future with Willis at MLB....BUT we need Spikes on this team..as maybe a backup..or some sort of coach/mentor for Willis. Willis and Spikes have been best friends since they've been together.
am i missing something ?

i thought spikes was doing a good job

id like bowman to start next to willis eventually but i like spikes to start right now
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
am i missing something?

i thought spikes was doing a good job

id like bowman to start next to willis eventually but i like spikes to start right now

Yes, TKO is hurt...