LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 213 users in the forums

Who want's the York's to sell?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
If the York's lose this vote in Santa Clara there is a chance they sell the team. I for one am okay with that, I feel that there are many people here in the Bay Area that could buy the team and keep it here. Do you think the odds are greater that the team moves if sold? Do you think Brent Jones and Steve Young are still waiting in the weeds to buy the club? Could Larry Ellison and some other deep pockets, that live here come together and buy the team?
Wow I kinda like the odds of new ownership keeping the team here, and I really don't care for the York's, Jed included. I kinda see a "win win" coming here.

So who here would like to see the Yorks sell! Count me in!
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
If the York's lose this vote in Santa Clara there is a chance they sell the team. I for one am okay with that, I feel that there are many people here in the Bay Area that could buy the team and keep it here. Do you think the odds are greater that the team moves if sold? Do you think Brent Jones and Steve Young are still waiting in the weeds to buy the club? Could Larry Ellison and some other deep pockets, that live here come together and buy the team?
Wow I kinda like the odds of new ownership keeping the team here, and I really don't care for the York's, Jed included. I kinda see a "win win" coming here.

So who here would like to see the Yorks sell! Count me in!

Sell.
[ Edited by longasian on May 31, 2010 at 11:53 AM ]
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
I do, I do

this is a trick question right.
who cares what we want, they aint gonna sell
What makes you think it will be sold to someone who wants to keep them in SF?
I don't think they would sell if the santa clara stadium doesn't go through
We could only dream, we're stuck with the Yorks for the long haul.
I'm cool with the Yorks since they put Jed in charge. He actually gives a crap about the success of this team, and not just the profit. There isn't much I've disagreed with since he took over. There's something to be said about the team in the hands of the kid that was raised on Eddie D's knee.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
I'm cool with the Yorks since they put Jed in charge. He actually gives a crap about the success of this team, and not just the profit. There isn't much I've disagreed with since he took over. There's something to be said about the team in the hands of the kid that was raised on Eddie D's knee.

+1 Id like to see where Jed takes the team.

• dmatt
  • Veteran
Larry Ellison Please
Originally posted by danimal:

Not really . . . as you can see, some people actually think that the Yorks are doing OK.
I particularly like the one about believing that a kid who has accomplished nothing in his life (other than complete an undergraduate program at a college where his parents could literally buy him an admission) is gonna somehow guide this franchise to the promised land. He would actually stand a chance if he brought in some credible help ( someone with a background in building winning franchises, or even being part of one) . . . but NO . . . this kid wants to run the show himself and the make sure of that has surrounded himself with inexperienced "yes-men" who are not going to detract from his shine. Doesn't bode well for the 49ers.

That said, It is the York's team . . . even though there are deluded fans who actually believe that it is THEIR/OUR team . . . and they can do with it as they please, mostly. So, whatever floats their boat . . . go for it!

Originally posted by Rsrkshn:
Originally posted by danimal:

Not really . . . as you can see, some people actually think that the Yorks are doing OK.
I particularly like the one about believing that a kid who has accomplished nothing in his life (other than complete an undergraduate program at a college where his parents could literally buy him an admission) is gonna somehow guide this franchise to the promised land. He would actually stand a chance if he brought in some credible help ( someone with a background in building winning franchises, or even being part of one) . . . but NO . . . this kid wants to run the show himself and the make sure of that has surrounded himself with inexperienced "yes-men" who are not going to detract from his shine. Doesn't bode well for the 49ers.

That said, It is the York's team . . . even though there are deluded fans who actually believe that it is THEIR/OUR team . . . and they can do with it as they please, mostly. So, whatever floats their boat . . . go for it!

FTY!
Jed seems to be doing alright but if a guy like ellison with unlimited money ever bought the team you know damn well he would buy them the stadium in SF and make sure theyre competitive every year. i think he would be a jerry jones type owner. love him or hate him like i do, the man loves his team
As much as I don't like the Yorks, I feel that they still have some kind of connection to the Bay Area that would make it hard for them to move the team outside of the area.

If we change owners, they'd have to be natives or looking to keep the team in the Bay (especially in SF).

I just say the ppl of Santa Clara need to step up and let the team build their stadium. First, they'll get great use of their multiple transit systems. Second, tons of money into the educational system comes from sports. Finally, they can show up the San Francisco Board of "Stupid"visors who have taken for granted a team that has helped make this city great.

I would rather have them in Santa Clara than in LA, period. If we fail to show support, ppl think they'll be able to strong-arm the niners to stay in SF and put more money down, but when u put a beaten dog in the corner, they'll try to find the best way to escape, and that may be to LA.

To all the "purists", yes, SF is the 49 sq mile city, established in 1849, and we ARE the 49ers!!! But I want our team to stay the San Francisco 49ers and Santa Clara is 45 min away and hey, we could score a Superbowl up in the bay for the first time
Share 49ersWebzone