LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 223 users in the forums

Crabtree/Hill Starting WR's?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by zozell:
OTA Observations: Good day for Jason Hill

First Rounders on 2nd Team
Briefly: Quarterback Alex Smith continues to show great command of the offense, but it's receivers Jason Hill and Michael Crabtree who continue to make him look good, with their quick hands in full-stride catches....

Dude this describes Jason Hills play to the T. I know it's only OTA's but I'm hearing J Hills name alot more than Morgan, Jones. Man, I know alot of us have mixed feelings about Jason Hill but I love the kid and would like to see him unseat Morgan as the #2. I think he deserves it. He shows up under pressure. He runs crisp clean routes. He has better hands than Morgan (2nd best hands on the team IMO). I really hope this kid gets his shot at the starting lineup, or at least more PT.

This is not a thread to bash Morgan because I like him alot too. I just think Hill is more hungry and has alot to bring to the table. I mean that last series in the Rams game 2 seasons ago was all J Hill. He looked like Isaac Bruce out there. The guy can play WR. Give him a shot right?

I just think a Crabtree/Hill tandem sounds more dynamic and scary than a Crabtree/"Slow ass duck dropping getting caught from behind ass" Morgan tandem

So......this isn't a Morgan bashing thread? Just askin.
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ibleedgoldnred:
Our #1 Reciver is VD...Making our #2 Crabs, Morgan is at best 3. Hill could fight him for it but i believe Morgan will be the second starting WR out there

Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
Jason Hill is better than Morgan.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

No s**t, Morgan is f**king slow as f**k, and is horrible at getting open down-field, just watch; Hill will get f**ked over once again by Jackoff-Sullivan when another free-agent scrub acquisition that can't catch will take his 'slot' spot again.

Seriously, why does our coaching staff hate Jason Hill so much? -All this guy does is perform and he gets ousted year-to-year by washed-up/injury-prone cum dumpsters!
[ Edited by SnakePlissken on May 19, 2010 at 6:08 PM ]
morgan is more consistant, but i like hill too, honestly, id like to see a lot of 5 wide sets or 4 wide and vernon, which is pretty much the same as 5 wide
Nope. But I like Hill, think he's a perfect in the slot.
  • Pintor73
  • Info N/A
i like both jason hill has some hands he always comes up with that first down they'll all be in there on 3rd and long morgan crabtree davis hill ginn jr they should bring davis out of the backfield cause some real problems can't wait for the season to start
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Hill is going to be the team's 4th WR this season, and will probably be the main reason why Brandon Jones is shown the door.

Ginn is going to be the team's number 3, based on his speed.

Doesn't matter how fast he is if he can't catch the ball.
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
what about Brandon Jones?

what about him??
Originally posted by leakyfausett:
Hill is going to be the team's 4th WR this season, and will probably be the main reason why Brandon Jones is shown the door.

Doesn't matter how fast he is if he can't catch the ball.

If Ginn continues his dropsies than he won't be the #3. I truly believe Hill has the best skillset at WR behind Crabtree. I like Hill's hands and he has good speed. His route running could be improved on. Morgan is physical in the run game but I don't think he creates alot of seperation through his route running and/or his speed. I think his style more similar to Crabtree than Hill's and I personally like the idea of having a guy with good speed that can get downfield and one that runs intermediate routes and gets seperation. That said Hill needs to impress in camp and stay healthy so the coaches allow him to compete and get some PT.

It has seemed that Hill has always had OTA/Training Camp injuries (hamstring) that kept him down on the depth chart.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

No s**t, Morgan is f**king slow as f**k, and is horrible at getting open down-field, just watch; Hill will get f**ked over once again by Jackoff-Sullivan when another free-agent scrub acquisition that can't catch will take his 'slot' spot again.

Seriously, why does our coaching staff hate Jason Hill so much? -All this guy does is perform and he gets ousted year-to-year by washed-up/injury-prone cum dumpsters!

Don't hold back Snake...tell how you really feel...... That said, I'd also like to see the Niners give Hill a real chance at some playing time. They might have a real surprise on their hands if they do...

Just curious MD...what do you think of the Niners receiver corps overall? Playoff caliber?
Originally posted by nw9erfan:

Just curious MD...what do you think of the Niners receiver corps overall? Playoff caliber?

i dont know about Ginn being the 3 just based on his speed. hill is pretty fast too and he can actually catch. ginn needs to get his hands right and work on his ugly route running if he wants a prominent role in our offense
How it should be.

1) VD - he is the #1 WR even though he is a TE. No question about it even though he doesn't play WR.
2) Crabtree
3) Hill
4) Morgan
5) Ginn - mostly KR / PR

How it will be with Singletary.

1) VD
2) Crabtree
3) Morgan...
4) Ginn - based on speed alone
5) Hill

Hill is in the Singletary doghouse but he is faster and has better hands than Morgan. He's also the more natural route runner. The only thing I can think of with Morgan is he is a better blocker and since Singletary likes to run maybe that's why he likes Morgan.
Share 49ersWebzone