LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 166 users in the forums

Crabtree/Hill Starting WR's?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I think Morgan's blocking ability, which Raye has raved about over the last year, will keep him safely in the #2 spot on the depth chart.
I love the idea of Hill on passing downs/spread, but if we're running Morgan is a beast at blocking.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Originally posted by mayo63:
Idealy, Morgan should be a #3 guy. Eventually, we have to find a legit #1 to stretch the field. That's why Dez Bryant would have looked nice in this lineup next to Crabs.

You don't think Crabtree is a #1 WR?

I think he's our #1, but ideally he would probably be a #2 behind a speeder reciever who could stretch the field.

So a FA or next years draft... because I really don't think there is another #1 on this team other than Crabtree

Do we need two #1's? I think we have a pretty solid WR core this year especially if you factor in VD. I look forward to seeing Crabs, Morgan, Ginn/Hill, Davis, and Gore for our 3 wr 1 Te 1 Rb formations.
Not sure if Hill is better than Morgan, and thats just because they haven't played him enough, for me.
Originally posted by Shorteous:
Idealy, Morgan should be a #3 guy. Eventually, we have to find a legit #1 to stretch the field. That's why Dez Bryant would have looked nice in this lineup next to Crabs.

I think he's our #1, but ideally he would probably be a #2 behind a speeder reciever who could stretch the field.

So a FA or next years draft... because I really don't think there is another #1 on this team other than Crabtree

Do we need two #1's? I think we have a pretty solid WR core this year especially if you factor in VD. I look forward to seeing Crabs, Morgan, Ginn/Hill, Davis, and Gore for our 3 wr 1 Te 1 Rb formations.

Agree 100%. I think the WR position is set for several seasons. I mean we are debating who is going to be our 4th or 5th WR.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Shorteous:

We don't need two #1's, but we do need a taller, bigger, faster reciever to compliment Crabs. Someone like Julio Jones in next years draft would be ideal.
Originally posted by 49ersnum1:
Yeah Morgan showed ALOT of promise his rookie year in pre-season and during the regular season.. I remember games v.s Green Bay in preseason, and of course the game v.s St.Louis with that AMAZING catch in traffic.. Lets hope that last season was a bit of a sophmore slump, because he has more to offer than Hill. Morgan is a bigger, more physical receiver than Hill and he can help block.. I just hope we can keep Hill as a 3rd receiver and let him play more !!

is that the one where Hill's rainbow pass fell perfectly between 2 defenders and happened to land on Morgan's numbers with little to no effort involved by Morgan?
I've always liked Jason Hill more than Josh Morgan. Not that I dont like Morgan, probably just because Hill is an SF native and I think he was a niners fan. I also like his speed and hands. I like them both and would be fine with either of them starting next to Crabtree and the other in the slot. I want to see a lot of 4 WR sets with them and Ginn. Who do you cover in that situation?
Hill does nothing, but play well. He's definitely better than Josh Morgan.
Crabtree and Morgan will be one and two. Hill might make his way to #3, thats if he stays healthy. if not he falls back to the bottom of the depth chart. Jones and Ginn compete for 3rd WR. Williams figures in to the equation as well.

• mayo49
  • Veteran
I think they like Morgan because he can run block.
Originally posted by mdoran4:
Crabtree and Morgan will be one and two. Hill might make his way to #3, thats if he stays healthy. if not he falls back to the bottom of the depth chart. Jones and Ginn compete for 3rd WR. Williams figures in to the equation as well.

What exactly has Josh Morgan done in this league besides luckily catching a 50 yard dead duck by Shaun Hill?
Originally posted by btthepunk:
I've always liked Jason Hill more than Josh Morgan. Not that I dont like Morgan, probably just because Hill is an SF native and I think he was a niners fan. I also like his speed and hands. I like them both and would be fine with either of them starting next to Crabtree and the other in the slot. I want to see a lot of 4 WR sets with them and Ginn. Who do you cover in that situation?

I think Hill would have a legit shot at the number two spot if he could block like Morgan. He can't so he wont and I think that Ginn is more of a fit for what they want at #3 and Hill falls to #4. He comes very close in both competitions to #2 and #3 but his opponents have key attributes to each position.
  • DRnSFw
  • BlessUp
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
Jason Hill is better than Morgan.

Is MAYO trolling?
Share 49ersWebzone