There are 105 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

What kind of receiver will Crabtree be?

Because i dont have full access to all games he played in last year i cant really tell for sure. I know hes got tremendous hands. Great athleticism, tough physical blocker and hes not scared of contact. Im pretty sure everyone can see hes tremendously gifted.

The problem i had was trying to imagine what kind of receiver he can grow into.

Hes not as tall as Fitz so I dont think hed be that type of reciever. He doesnt seem to have the speed that Johnson, Marshall or say a TO have (had). He doesnt seem to have the same wiliness as a Steve Smith.

Maybe he is fast but his transition into the NFL made him hold back going full out? But I know alot of yall have seen him in college not just highlights. So what do you think?
the number 1 kind
A less physical Anquan Boldin with better hands and wiggle.
i'd compare him to braylon edwards with better hands
Originally posted by Dominate:
the number 1 kind

+1

his hand strength is amazing, he can pick balls out of the air, he has great body awareness and can stretch or juke to get that 1st down. He will be a top 5 WR in his 3rd season. Not as elite as Fitz, or fast like Steve Smith, but will always work hard and make plays for us when we need him to.
Originally posted by dhp318:
A less physical Anquan Boldin with better hands and wiggle.

Hmm Qs been breaking tackles kinda guy all the way back to his Seminole days. Ive seen Crabtree elude but not quite overpower.
Originally posted by irishluder:
Originally posted by Dominate:
the number 1 kind

+1

his hand strength is amazing, he can pick balls out of the air, he has great body awareness and can stretch or juke to get that 1st down. He will be a top 5 WR in his 3rd season. Not as elite as Fitz, or fast like Steve Smith, but will always work hard and make plays for us when we need him to.

Yeh im thinking hell carve out his own niche.
a trained killa

Originally posted by Dominate:
the number 1 kind
I'll probably get shot for this, but....





He'll be like John Taylor when we get a #1 receiver.


I think he was a great college receiver. I did not see him creating good separation nor YAC/RAC last year, but hopefully, with an actual training camp under his belt, that will change this year and we can actually answer the question.
  • Antix
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 4,781
Originally posted by socal9er42:
I'll probably get shot for this, but....





He'll be like John Taylor when we get a #1 receiver.


I think he was a great college receiver. I did not see him creating good separation nor YAC/RAC last year, but hopefully, with an actual training camp under his belt, that will change this year and we can actually answer the question.

Uhhhh...

See: Awesome F*%&^ing TD vs. Arizona

Give him a TC and preseason and he's gonna be the money kind of WR.
It all depends upon how he drives himself (or what he wants to make of himself), Crabs is already a legit #1 on any team, but if he loses about 10 lbs during the off-season (to rack up more speed) he could be one of the most dominant nightmares within the NFL (of today).
The best WR we have had in a long time.
Originally posted by Dominate:
the number 1 kind

Seriously. End of story.
He reminds me of Cris Carter--one can only hope. Now if only we can find a Randy Moss....