There are 95 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Willis signs 5 year extension

Originally posted by 49erWill:
good job front office.

PatrickWillis52 Today is great and blessed day to be a 49er. 8 minutes ago via UberTwitter
I like this for several reasons. More importantly -- it sends a message to other players in the NFL.

There was a time -- 15 years ago -- when everyone wanted to play for the Niners. We were a class organization. Eddie paid well. Lots of fringe benefits. Players were paid well. They were treated well.

All that changed when John York took over. The most infamous story that I can remember is he started objecting to the over-usage of bottled water. That made the rounds too -- in a negative way. The Niners went from desired to despised in a very short period of time and York gained the reputation of penny-pincher.

Not good. It's also about the same time we started losing year in and year out.

But now? Different story. We're locking players up to long term contracts. We're paying well. The Niners are once again becoming a desired destination.

QB or no QB -- this will pay dividends in the immediate future.
I don't know man.....I think extensions are great, but I like them for a player who has proved himself on a constistant basis.
great, great, great news.
Originally posted by MrOrange:
I don't know man.....I think extensions are great, but I like them for a player who has proved himself on a constistant basis.

So your sarcasm doesn't really show through the computer, so next time would you mind putting a smiley face to show that you're being sarcastic please?
Originally posted by MrOrange:

since he's been in the league he's averaged about 10 tackles a game. That's the highest in the league. He deserves this and is probably the most important player to our team. If the Niners wanna go to the superbowl Willis is gonna be one of the players that gets us there.
BEST NEWS EVAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Originally posted by PTulini:
Quote:
JasonLaCanfora: Patrick Willis' 5 yr extension with SF worth a max of $50M, with $29M guaranteed. More on NFL Network tonite.

Pretty cheap in my opinion!
Quote:
JasonLaCanfora: Patrick Willis' 5 yr extension with SF worth a max of $50M, with $29M guaranteed. More on NFL Network tonite.

Pretty cheap in my opinion!

yeah, not bad at all, really.
CHAMPIONSHIP!!!
Like there was ever any doubt this was going to happen, the team got a great deal for one of the top players in the game.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home