There are 240 users in the forums

So many weapons but we don't have a real OC

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I hope Jimmy Raye finds ways to get the ball to our playmakers, last year they forced the issue for awhile and tried too hard to be a power running team when we didnt have the players to run that sorta scheme, hopefully we dont see Gore being forced up the middle to try and force the power running philosophy to work.

Crabtree, Ginn, Davis, Morgan, Walker ..thats a nice set of weapons to air it out with and hopefully open up running lanes for our RB's...THEN we can run the ball with authority when they respect our passing attack, too may times we were forced into 3rd and long situations with Shaun Hill forced to throw deep when the defense didnt repsect our passing attack whatsoever...next year will be a different story
Originally posted by Crazy4Niners:
No. Any and all problems on offense can be attributed solely to ALECKS SMIT BEE COZ HEE SOCKS DOOD. YIF VE TRAID 4 N E ODA KUARTER BAKK VE VILL VIN MAYNEE GAYMES 4 SHOOR BRO! JEEMEE RAI IZ A JEENEE-OS!

this.
Originally posted by TeambyTheBay:
I feel that our offensive players will never reach their potential under Jimmy Raye. Let's be completely honest here, this guy is terrible. We knew EXACTLY what Raye was calling 70% of the time during our games last year. And remember how horrible the TASER was? we were the kings of three and outs because of that BS. Also, don't think for a second that the post pattern will work for Vernon everytime next year. Teams are on to that play because Jimmy Raye has abused that play last year. Remember, vs. the Eagles at the end of the season, they put Sheldon Brown on Vernon and he couldn't do s**t that game. Raye was stunned, but of course, he had no answer. In fact, the pass to Vernon actually got intercepted.

Now the guy that Raye swagger jacked from, Dan Henning (Dolphins' OC), his team actually ranked top 10 in both rushing and passing in 2008. in 2009, they were top 4 in rushing and 20th in passing (still better than the 49ers). tell me who are the Dolphins' QB, WRs, and TE again?

I love the direction of this team, however, Raye is still a thorn in my sight.

We'll have had 8 in 8 years!!

I dont think its the coordinators, its been the talent.

Last year....we wanted to be a pound the rock team. But it was stupid to even try it with out a pound the rock line. Square peg round hole. Just wont work.

If these first round picks pan out then this pound the rock style will bring Raye nothing but praises.
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by GORO:
Normally I would be very excited about Crabtree and the other young talent but I do worry we are predicatable.

Is Solari going to be allowed to implement his trap blocking scheme? Or is he going to only be allowed to teach the straight up blocking that we have had for the last 3 years?

Is Raye going to be better as an Offensive Coordinator in year 2?

And finally is Alex Smith going to correct his mechanics? Is he going to be able to take the ball from the center and make plays downfield? Or is he only going to be successfull when in the shotgun?

You do know that most of Smith's TD passes were from under center right? I do not know who came up with the myth that Smith can't play under center, but it is bunk.

That's the case for every team. Once you get inside the 20 you need the threat of the run to give yourselves more space to operate.

You can't even make the case that Alex can play period so to say it's bunk is your personal opinion.

isn't that also your opinion, ******?
Originally posted by CoachSingletary:
Normally I would be very excited about Crabtree and the other young talent but I do worry we are predicatable.

Is Solari going to be allowed to implement his trap blocking scheme? Or is he going to only be allowed to teach the straight up blocking that we have had for the last 3 years?

And finally is Alex Smith going to correct his mechanics? Is he going to be able to take the ball from the center and make plays downfield? Or is he only going to be successfull when in the shotgun?

You do know that most of Smith's TD passes were from under center right? I do not know who came up with the myth that Smith can't play under center, but it is bunk.

That's the case for every team. Once you get inside the 20 you need the threat of the run to give yourselves more space to operate.

You can't even make the case that Alex can play period so to say it's bunk is your personal opinion.

WTF are you babbling about? Smith's stats from last years show he can play, that he can't play is your misguided opinion. That is as ridiculous as the people posting in this thread that a guy that has been a playcaller in the NFL for 20+ years isn't a real OC...the guy has forgotten more about calling plays than anyone here on this site will ever know.

I have been in the 49erswebzone since 2005 under BennyNolan and Coachsingletary. I have stopped posting here since about 2007 because most of the people here dont know what the hell they are talking about. You my friend are one of the only posters in this thread who actually knows what he is talking about. I think Jimmy Raye did not have the tools to succeed last year(Oline and QB learning new system)....I am confident that we will see a whole new offense this season. Alex Smith and Jimmy Raye will suprise alot of people this year.

Go back into hiding

WTF are you babbling about? Smith's stats from last years show he can play, that he can't play is your misguided opinion. That is as ridiculous as the people posting in this thread that a guy that has been a playcaller in the NFL for 20+ years isn't a real OC...the guy has forgotten more about calling plays than anyone here on this site will ever know.

His stats were nothing to brag about. He wasn't above average in any statisical measure despite being 10th in passing attempts. He's not accurate (17th), he doesn't get the ball down the field (24th in YPC, 30th in 1st down %). He's not a leader or a winner.

You want to talk stats. 1 300 yard game in 40 starts. Watch out that man can play.

As for Raye. That might be the problem. He's forgotten more about play calling than anyone here knows.

But why male models?

Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
No. Any and all problems on offense can be attributed solely to ALECKS SMIT BEE COZ HEE SOCKS DOOD. YIF VE TRAID 4 N E ODA KUARTER BAKK VE VILL VIN MAYNEE GAYMES 4 SHOOR BRO! JEEMEE RAI IZ A JEENEE-OS!

this.

If I knew what it said!
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:

this.

We don't have a real OC? Seems to me when he ADJUSTS we are successful. No?

So if we're successful Offensively after Raye makes the adjustment then MAYBE Baalke drafted those big uglies for a reason?

Oh and you're forgetting that Raye was implementing Sing's game plan. Sing wanted this team to be a SMASH MOUTH Run Run Run team. Sing ever STATED many times that that's what he wanted. Only the players said waittabloodydamminnit(!) and went to Sing first then Raye make the adjustment to the Gun cause Alex as well as Hill were getting pummeled.

It takes fear and knowledge to question what your HC is doing and to confront him with a reasonable change of tactic. If they were wrong then we would have continued to bash our heads against the Opposings brick wall. Instead it worked.

And NOW? Now we have our first OC in the last too F*N MANY YEARS, that will be coming back so Alex can continue to progress. Oh and hello we have some BIG UGLIES to help protect him.

So please pleaser please STFU about how Raye is not a "REAL" OC.

Maybe the only not real person here is you? I don't know but seems to me he could point in your direction and say you aren't a real fan. Doesn't make it so, but you obviously haven't thought this through. Go look at the "Game Breakdown Thread" and go through it. I surmise that Raye actually made us look better at times when we should have failed epically given the protection Smith didn't have.

Oh and Miami's numbers are skewed cause they Ran the Wildcat to generate their Run Game. We tried something SIMILAR and because we DIDN'T have a Line the Opposing Defenses sniffed it out.

~Ceadder

[ Edited by Ceadderman on May 2, 2010 at 19:09:33 ]
The biggest problem with Raye was his tendency to not attack the field on third downs (which we experienced a lot of). If it was 3rd and 6 we would throw the ball to a receiver BEHIND the line of scrimmage.

That should not happen.

We need to attack the field more. I hope he felt compelled to call these bc we did not have oline protection bc the alternative would mean that he is just mentally incompetent.

• fly15
  • Veteran
I feel that our offensive players will never reach their potential under Jimmy Raye. Let's be completely honest here, this guy is terrible. We knew EXACTLY what Raye was calling 70% of the time during our games last year. And remember how horrible the TASER was? we were the kings of three and outs because of that BS. Also, don't think for a second that the post pattern will work for Vernon everytime next year. Teams are on to that play because Jimmy Raye has abused that play last year. Remember, vs. the Eagles at the end of the season, they put Sheldon Brown on Vernon and he couldn't do s**t that game. Raye was stunned, but of course, he had no answer. In fact, the pass to Vernon actually got intercepted.

Now the guy that Raye swagger jacked from, Dan Henning (Dolphins' OC), his team actually ranked top 10 in both rushing and passing in 2008. in 2009, they were top 4 in rushing and 20th in passing (still better than the 49ers). tell me who are the Dolphins' QB, WRs, and TE again?

First, our OL was the problem--now we have 2 of the "best" linemen in the draft...
problem solved...
And now we seem to have a new problem, Jimmy "Mummy" Raye????? c'mmon dude, stop the excuses for once!!!!
At the end of the season people like you will end up blaming coach Sing.

We could have had Hue Jackson but I'm guessing he was a bit too uppity for Singletary. It seems Singletary doesn't do uppity.
Lets wait and see before we make any premature judgments.
Originally posted by jreff22:
Lets wait and see before we make any premature judgments.

You're a Vet jreff. Since when has anyone waited and seen before whining?

That's all NT is shaping up to be anymore I'm afraid.Especially during the offseason.

~Ceadder
  • GORO
  • Veteran

Yes this would explain why he may have had more TD's under center, but it was while in the shotgun mostly that the Niners marched down the field.
Share 49ersWebzone