There are 238 users in the forums

New nicknames for Goldson and Mays

Shop Find 49ers gear online
They actually performed at one of the 49ers vs Cards games a few years ago, but it was in AZ.
[ Edited by DaDivaRecieva15 on Apr 25, 2010 at 9:24 AM ]
How about..... the starter and the reserve
Originally posted by Youngone:

yes! too early to give these guys nicknames, they have a lot to prove. Mays was probably the best athlete in the draft, so there is a reason he fell as far as he did. His instincts and coverage skills(man to man) are poor. He's going to need time to develop.
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Area 61.... 38+23 = 61 you get the point.

Yeah, I like it...

or how about...

Cloak and Dagger
This one is WAY outside the box.

How about Goldson and Mays.

You like what I did there?
Originally posted by Marvin49:

Originally posted by Chief:
How about SS and FS?

don't get to creative
Hit Parade
Originally posted by Marvin49:

perfect
Originally posted by cooljon16:
Originally posted by Youngone:

yes! too early to give these guys nicknames, they have a lot to prove. Mays was probably the best athlete in the draft, so there is a reason he fell as far as he did. His instincts and coverage skills(man to man) are poor. He's going to need time to develop.

That said, Mays had an oft-year last season as he wasn't utilized properly by Pete Carroll. (Lining up twenty yards from the line of scrimmage, what’s that about?) Mays looked to go in the top ten had he declared for the 2009 draft, maybe he should have taken Sanchez’ approach and not listened to Carroll, but it's too late now. He’s a raw talent for sure but I like his physical attributes and his prowess. With a huge chip now on his shoulder, Singletary should be able to get the best out of Mays. He is more of an in-the-box kind of guy than a cover man, just what we needed to back up Lewis and eventually take over the position. Time will tell of course, but for now, lets just have fun and be optimistic.

Go Niners!!!

How about "good second half of the season" and "alot to learn".
they need to earn a tandem nickname. I want to see Mays go out and show me something before I go pumping his ego with a cool nickname.

Speaking of Mays I was thinking he will probably be the 3rd S to start the season which means he will probably be in on the ST coverage units. How good is this guy going to be on ST? As fast as he is and as hard as he hits I see him being very very good.
  • Rockyfromask
  • Info N/A
How about cock n balls?
Law and Justice
Originally posted by vermonator:
Time will tell of course, but for now, lets just have fun and be optimistic.

Go Niners!!!
WOOO, i like the attitude! it's been awhile since the zone has been optimistic.

GO NINERS!!!
[ Edited by cooljon16 on Apr 25, 2010 at 11:07 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone