LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 183 users in the forums

Nate Byham is a Niner!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Ang
  • Hall of Fame
Please use this thread. You will also find a thread in the "Draft War Room" if you wish to discuss the 49ers utilization of this pick in general. Additional threads may be locked or merged (and members warned) at the discretion of the moderating staff.
  • Ang
  • Hall of Fame
Bump
He will surpass Vernon Davis on the depth chart.

LOL this thread gets no Love
I don't get it? TE? I mean...shouldn't we be taking a chance on potential at a position of need here?
I think almost 60% of the forum knew were gonna pick this guy, either Maiocco or Bee-rows called this in his news bag a couple weeks back.
STUPID pick. didn't we pick this guy last year? i think his name was bear pascoe. waste of a pick.

with help needed at secondary depth, OL, and a pass rusher we take a tight end and also a RB. makes no sense.
lets see if we dont get another Bear Pascoe & gets cut by the end of training camp

i guess the Corners left in the draft are pretty much garbage

A blocking T.E.? He's big enough! I see that Mike and Jimmy are keeping with their philosophy of trying to run the ball down the other teams throat! Some big bodies to block and a big running back.

Quote "was a key contributor opening up holes for the Panthers' running game. His ability to perform as a team player may endear himself to coaches at the next level. Byham has good hands but is sluggish, making him a better fit as a blocking tight end or backup in the NFL than as a player who projects to become a star." Unquote

All they need now is a big Fullback to lead the way! (LOL!)
[ Edited by Kauaiguy on Apr 24, 2010 at 11:41 AM ]
Originally posted by akniner:
STUPID pick. didn't we pick this guy last year? i think his name was bear pascoe. waste of a pick.

with help needed at secondary depth, OL, and a pass rusher we take a tight end and also a RB. makes no sense.

I hate to tell you, but we have a lot of depth at OL and with already drafting a running back, thats not a position of need either. That stats show that finding a starting corner in the late rounds almost never happens, and with Brooks, Harilson, Lawson, and Laboy at out side LB that is not really a position of need either.

They must have had Byham as there BPA.

Lets hope he beats out bajema, or any of the people under D.walk.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
He's light years ahead of Bear Pascoe in terms of talent and potential.
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
He will surpass Vernon Davis on the depth chart.

I'm struggling with this pick as I thought CB was our need here.

Also, although I haven't seen Byham play live (just some film footage) why did we choose him over McCoy, whom I believe has both the blocking skills and the hands to be a pass-catching TE. I need some enlightenment here as I'm probably not seeing something 9er management sees.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Niners get their blocking TE, solid pick.
Share 49ersWebzone