There are 123 users in the forums

Anthony "Bam" Davis

Shop 49ers game tickets
once a better anthony davis surfaced in the sports world, he bounced
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
The only retirement that really hurt us was Borland. The others were meh.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by crabman82:
ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk now7 seconds ago
Per source, retired 49ers RT Anthony Davis will pay back his unearned signing bonus money. It will be a significant chunk of change.

Players are giving back millions of dollars not to play for the 49ers.

How sad.

Only Borland did not have injuries, the rest all have had injuries, I think it is a silly statement to say that players don't want to play for the niners because of the front office, when they still landed guys in FA.

The truth though some may not want to except it like those conspiracy nuts, is that people are more aware, others are smart. No one wants to end up like some of those old 49ers like Charlie Kruger and others who are paying the price. No one is willing to do what Lott did (amputate his finger) to keep playing and not miss a game now a days.
How many aspirin do we take to end the "Harbaugh Hangover"? I know he's a difficult guy to play for but did he suck the joy out of game for these guys? Something isn't adding up.

As a fan, I'm frustrated! I think this team lacks a real identity and it starts for the head office and trickles down.
Welp!

Looks like I gotta return my Anthony Davis Black Alternate jersey
Originally posted by okdkid:

Willis says hello
Originally posted by Allx9er:
is it something in the water

a lack of water
Originally posted by verb1der:
Originally posted by gold49er2183:
Originally posted by verb1der:
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Originally posted by NorthBay49er:
Who's next

to me

it seems like after harbaugh left

Players are looking the situation and FO, and are just saying f**k it

Can't really blame these guys retiring. Why give it ur all when the FO isn't as dedicated?

I know you'll deny it, or just ignore this post and not reply, but you might be the worst troll on this site. Especially if you believe ( or just say to piss people off) that baalke and co aren't fully dedicated. Or your an idiot. I think troll is more likely.

Call me what u want, but you can't deny what's unfolding right before your eyes. I wouldn't want to play for a band aid coaching staff.

But go ahead and believe we're contending for a Super Bowl, because Jed says so. Lol.

Three things

1. "What's before my eyes" is that many players are retiring. Which sucks but there is nothing to make anyone think they are not fully dedicated. Baalke lives for football.

2. The staff is very talented but i don't feel like debating this point. Let the season determine that. Call me out on it if I'm wrong after the season. If you remember. Cause I'll be sure to if you're wrong.

3.where the hell did i say superbowl contender. This didn't startv out as a rebuild year when we let harbaugh go, but it is now. 9 wins would be a success for a team in transition like we are. But as a fan I'm hoping for 10.
Originally posted by VDpwndMjenkins:
Originally posted by NorthBay49er:
Am I insane for still being optimistic?

Yes you are

Originally posted by BodhiPaddlesOut:
So is this a Baalke or Scotty Mac mistake? There were warning signs in college.

5 seasons is more than your average playing career in the NFL, so I wouldn't blame any GM. Especially since a person at age 20 can change a lot by the time they are 25.

Originally posted by Eli_23:
Welp!

Looks like I gotta return my Anthony Davis Black Alternate jersey

Was it discounted or something? Why would you pick AD?
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by okdkid:

Willis says hello

Nah. Borland was playing at that level. Borland is the only retirement that hurt us.
Dude they haven't even put on pads yet. I hope to god the injury bug doesn't hit like last year.
Stunned to say the least. This is very dissapointing. Can't fault a guy for valuing his health more than money, but our team has been hit hard by these early retirements.

Looks like Boone might get that extension he wants after all. Shift him to RT. Pears might get a chance to start there too.

Trent Brown should also be in the mix. He's getting 1st team reps in OTA and looking good.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Jun 5, 2015 at 2:57 PM ]
  • Disp
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by crabman82:
3 retirements in 1 offseason, lol gotta be a record.

where theres smoke....

4 if you count justin, but that was an expected one

Yep, thats what i was thinking.
i cant remember the 4th..PW , CB , JS .. ?

Uhh...Anthony Davis?
Share 49ersWebzone