There are 146 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Niners sign DE Travis LaBoy

How many OLBs do we need?

That scratches off Brandon Graham and Sergio Kindle off my mock draft board.

Almost the same shirt?
Originally posted by bret:
Graham and Kindle and Morgan aren't looking too likely as targets.

man f**k this s**t! this is stupid
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:

alex smith gonna turn that frown upside down.
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
meh
Originally posted by Giants9ersfan:
I like the thought of Haralson, Lawson, Brooks, Briggs, and LaBoy competing for top spots at OLB.

I think Haralson and Brooks will look a lot better this year...just a hunch.

whooo.. i am exciting about Travis LaBoy is better than Haralson and Lawson! Let's go Laboy!
Originally posted by BuZzB28:
I like the thought of Haralson, Lawson, Brooks, Briggs, and LaBoy competing for top spots at OLB.

whooo.. i am exciting about Travis LaBoy is better than Haralson and Lawson! Let's go Laboy!

Now they just need to draft some DB help to solidify this defense. If they can get a nice nickle CB and some SS help, they should be rolling.
Originally posted by Dajanksta:
Originally posted by BuZzB28:

hey.. are you fan a cowboy? cuz u live in texas.. dude u're betray a 49ers?
not sure why people think this means we aren't going to draft an OLB?
Originally posted by miked1978:

We will, but it lessens the chance of that OLB being picked in the early rounds.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Just a one year deal. Still expecting them to target Moats or look in the late-late rounds for a developmental pass-rusher such as Adrian Tracy.

How about Schofield? I mentioned this in another thread. Since they have a solid group with depth, they can draft Schofield and place him on IR for the year.
camp fodder
People who don't know much about LaBoy will love the effort, non-stop motor and quickness off the edge he plays with. If fully healthy, he and Brooks will be amazing rush bookends to bring in on passing downs.
[ Edited by GhostofFredDean74 on Apr 20, 2010 at 4:34 PM ]
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by miked1978:

We will, but it lessens the chance of that OLB being picked in the early rounds.

I sure hope not. You can never count on a rookie to make an impact in year one, and a one year deal with a player coming off an injury shouldn't change your draft board. or your long term plans.

You either like a player or you don't. This doesn't change any of our "needs" long term and may or may not affect them short term.

If our front office passed on an OLB that was the BPA because we signed LaBoy, I'd be pretty disappointed. I can't imagine he affects our draft at all.