There are 144 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Niners sign DE Travis LaBoy

I do not know much at all about Travis LaBoy, would someone please explain what this signing means for us, and what he brings to the table?
Originally posted by Winners:
I do not know much at all about Travis LaBoy, would someone please explain what this signing means for us, and what he brings to the table?

Decent back up.
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:

fixed
[ Edited by darkknight49 on Apr 20, 2010 at 3:51 PM ]
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Originally posted by WINiner:
Originally posted by Giants9ersfan:
I like the thought of Haralson, Lawson, Brooks, Briggs, and LaBoy competing for top spots at OLB.

I think Haralson and Brooks will look a lot better this year...just a hunch.

Lawson>Haralson imo. I think our starters will be Brooks and Lawson, with Laboy being the 1st one off the bench and Haralson/Briggs riding mostly pine.

Don't Lawson and Haralson usually play opposite eachother. I think Haralson and Laboy will get equal time.

Dont forget about brooks
Nice!
I like the thought of Haralson, Lawson, Brooks, Briggs, and LaBoy competing for top spots at OLB.

Lawson>Haralson imo. I think our starters will be Brooks and Lawson, with Laboy being the 1st one off the bench and Haralson/Briggs riding mostly pine.

Nice pickup and he's got something to prove - he wants to be here too so this one year deal i to prove he can be a starter.

Don't be shocked if Lawson is used as trade bait

If not, you can bet both Brooks and LeBoy will be given every opportunity to compete for a starting spot - no free rides anymore. Both Lawson and Haralson will have to prove they can pass rush this year on every down with two hungry players waiting in the balance.

Good pickup (assuming there's no more health issues)!
Originally posted by Dominate:

Don't Lawson and Haralson usually play opposite eachother. I think Haralson and Laboy will get equal time.

Dont forget about brooks

I honestly don't know, but is Brooks a liability in pass coverage? I don't know if I recall ever seeing him in a position where he was defending the pass. Just curious, because I'd like to see him as an every down OLB.
Originally posted by 49erWill:
Nice little pickup
HEY he played well in the playoffs and Super Bowl. Thats a nice fit on our defense.

Dont forget about brooks

Oh i havent, i expect Brooks to get more time than either of those.
Originally posted by MntIdaGold:
A good pick up. Adds to the OLB rotation. Does he have any experience at Ted or Mike? just wondering if he could be back-up in those spots?

No. He can't play inside. He has played as a defensive end and outside linebacker only.
I like the move, even if it's just to light a fire under Lawson and Haralson
Originally posted by Winners:

Dont forget about brooks

I honestly don't know, but is Brooks a liability in pass coverage? I don't know if I recall ever seeing him in a position where he was defending the pass. Just curious, because I'd like to see him as an every down OLB.

brooks mainly played DE in passing situations
Originally posted by silkyjohnson:
I like the move, even if it's just to light a fire under Lawson and Haralson

This