There are 160 users in the forums

So..are the 49ers...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by jrg:
a top NFC team now?

KR/PR was one of our glaring weaknesses and we addressed that issue with still 2 1st round picks to work on the OL.

With Smith improving and having the same playbook for the first time in his career..Crabtree for an entire season..arguably the best TE in the NFL, one of the better defenses in the NFL..are we finally on our way?

Thoughts?

not sure, but we'll see...oh yea and the magic and cards suck
Originally posted by Draftology:
If we do end up as one of the top teams in the NFC, it won't be because we acquired Ted Ginn. If that happens it would be because Alex Smith figured it out.

exactly.
Originally posted by darkknight49:
no, not until RT is settled and the QB proves his worth.

this.
  • pd24
  • Veteran
We should add 3 more starters or atleast 3 players that will play alot from the draft.
Originally posted by darkknight49:
no, not until RT is settled and the QB proves his worth.

ive been wondering why we havnt picked up an 0 tackle in free agency.. and now we go out and get this Ginn fella. seems to be a promising Return man for us.... why havnt we got anyone for the line yet?? maybe Alex Boone is showing alot of promise.. hes deffinenlty got the work ethic down for sure.... I mean we all think we are ganna get a good 0 tackle in the draft BUT we dont kno for sure if its even goin to be there so... i really think its a big chance not getting a Decent FA 0 tackle.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
If we do end up as one of the top teams in the NFC, it won't be because we acquired Ted Ginn. If that happens it would be because Alex Smith figured it out.

exactly.

This PLUS help from the OL.
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Still need an RT, FS and a speedster at RB imo.

I think right now as our team stands we are a wildcard team, maybe we can sneak out 1 win the playoffs. If Smith turns out to be a B or B+ QB then maybe we can make a run but I don't think that can happen w/o a RT.

A speedster at RB will give defenses just way too much to think about when we put certain packages on the field and we need a FS who can ballhawk. If we get all of those...then I will have a 20 week long erection.
It doesnt appear like it but people lets not forget we were THAT close to taking the Vikes down. We weren't that bad last season we were just a team going through a lot of transitions. It would not surprise me if we are in the conversation of the Elite NFC teams next season.

And the O-line comes around. Ginn doesn't hurt though. He might not be the key piece of the puzzle but he could be an important piece. Can't wait for Thursday night.
We are getting better but there are still a lot of holes on this team. More than people think.

If we get a top class rusher that helps our secondary but we can still use the help in the secondary
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
We are getting better but there are still a lot of holes on this team. More than people think.

so what do you think for this year? 1-15 again?

j/k man.
why do good fans allow themselves to think this way.

You know damn well we are not a returner away from being an NFC class team.

Also, you should know damn well by now, that those 2 1sts rounders could EASILY be non starters in 2010.

Geesh. same s**t every year. Feb - April we are talking UP our picks.

Then in August, all the posts are about....Patience, of course so and so wasn't going to make an immediate contribution, cmon he is a rookie.
Until we get a franchise QB, we will not be a heavy NFC contender.
Originally posted by BHulman:

And the O-line comes around. Ginn doesn't hurt though. He might not be the key piece of the puzzle but he could be an important piece. Can't wait for Thursday night.
I agree for the most part, but if our line gets fixed and Alex doesn't improve we will not be elite. Look at the Jets from last year. They had the best defense and arguably the best o-line, but they barely made the playoffs. We won't be elite until the quarterback situation is figured out.
Share 49ersWebzone