There are 321 users in the forums

Ted Ginn a niner (5th round pick)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Pretty self explanatory here, Teddy Ginn is a straight up beast.

He may never become the receiver he was drafted to be, but he has injected our special teams unit with life from the minute he stepped on the field. I shudder thinking of watching punt returns before we got Ted (Brandon Jones, anybody? ), I wouldn't hope for a big play, I'd just pray the ball didn't end up back in the other teams possession. Now It feels so good having someone back there who I not only trust to make the catch but who has a chance to score on every play. It's like night and day!

So...

Give him his due!

Screw Josh Morgan, THIS is the WR we need to re-sign next year
Originally posted by valrod33:

Only thing is, he's not very good at WR.
Originally posted by gamechanger:

Game changing Returner, i could care less what he does as a WR
Nice to see him being productive in the running game as well.
Absolutely a huge part of these first six games, well deserving his own thread. Our whole special teams is on fire, let's hope they can maintain that intensity all season long, even when there is adversity.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Give him his money back.
Originally posted by gamechanger:

Game changing Returner, i could care less what he does as a WR

EXACTLY. He's a pro bowl return man, I almost hate to have him wasting energy at receiver (although I love the running plays to him so far). If he stays on the sidelines while the offense is on the field maybe he'll have more juice built up for those game breaking returns!
He is having a pro bowl year. The defense and Ginn have put the niners is great situations all year so far.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by fister30:
He is having a pro bowl year. The defense and Ginn have put the niners is great situations all year so far.

This

If we only had a real QB this team could be special.

This guy is an AWESOME return man.

I say give him some decent playing time this year so he'll want to resign. Then lock him up during the offseason and only use him seldomly as a receiver next year because he drops way too many passes. Just sign him for his return ability because he's great at it. What were the dolphins thinking?
Originally posted by susweel:

This

Or some real healthy receivers that could catch, like Calvin Johnson.

This

Yes, he could be more accurate. But give Smith time to get some chemistry with his receivers. He obviously has the ability to be accurate. You don't get through the combine and become a number 1 pick if you lack the ABILITY to be accurate. The niners have been flip flopping receivers like crazy. Once that settles down I think the overthrows will die down.

This

Susweel, stop clowning. Alex is absolutely a real QB. There are maybe 4 or 5 QB's who would play better on this team (=more wins).

Alex ain't elite but he's is definitely above average and is amazingly efficient.

What he has done with this OL has been nothing short of spectacular. Brady, Manning, Rogers and Brees are the only guys I would FOR SURE take over Alex if I needed to win a game with our team. I would consider a few others (Big Ben, Rivers, Schaub) but Alex Smith is as efficient as those guys and behind our s**t-stained offensive line, there's no telling how those guys would perform here. I don't care about my QB passing for 400 yards a game if he's not helping my team win.
The field position created by Ted Ginn and Andy Lee on Sunday was a huge reason why we won that game. Absolutely love Teddy as our return guy.
Share 49ersWebzone