LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 270 users in the forums

Ted Ginn a niner (5th round pick)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
This isn't cheap it's smart. Ted ginn shouldn't be making that much.
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by 49oz2superbowl:
The niners are cheap.

I think bringing Donnie Avery in was a power play to get him to restructure

Its not like he was making that much money or the niners needed the cap space. To restructure a contract to save a couple hundred grand sends the wrong message to the locker room.

this is gonna divide the locker room and cause chaos.

It wont cause chaos but players will be talking.

Ginn to other players: " Hey you know these muther f**kers asked me to take a pay cut to save a few hundred grand and they started charging me for this stupid blue shirt I dont even want to wear"

Other player: " Yah man that aint s**t, do you know I have to cut Jed York's lawn on my off day just because he dont wonna pay the damn gardner."

i doubt anyone can understand what Ginn says when he speaks, it sounds like he has a mouthpiece in
The niners are cheap.

Its not like he was making that much money or the niners needed the cap space. To restructure a contract to save a couple hundred grand sends the wrong message to the locker room.

Ginn to other players: " Hey you know these muther f**kers asked me to take a pay cut to save a few hundred grand and they started charging me for this stupid blue shirt I dont even want to wear"

Other player: " Yah man that aint s**t, do you know I have to cut Jed York's lawn on my off day just because he dont wonna pay the damn gardner."

More like this:
Other player nudges player next to him: "He didn't deserve 2.2 to begin with."
The niners are cheap.

As a trade off they also voided the last year of his contract so he can test free agency next year as opposed to 2013.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Joecool:
The niners are cheap.

More like this:
Other player nudges player next to him: "He didn't deserve 2.2 to begin with."

Thats not that much anymore for an NFL salary.
Ginns supposedly having the best offseason of any receiver and then they tell him to restructure lol
Originally posted by Byisgod:
Hmmm interesting. What's worrisome is that Ginn Morgan and Edwards are all FAs after this year

It's definitely worrisome if the offense shows real competence. It's worse if the offense miraculously becomes a really good one. It'd be very tough to keep all the FAs next season.

Props to this guy. Great job returning punts all season long. Every time he fields a punt, I feel like he might take it to the house. He also had a few nice runs as well.

Key component to our victory today.
i really got p.o. at ginn when he stepped out of bounds on the reverse 1 yard short of the 1stdown...then he redeems himself with the 40 yd punt return....his greater value to the team seems to be in the return game, hopefully edwards can relieve him of starting duty at wr

• Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Ginn is 10x the return man than he is WR. Can't wait to get Braylon back.
Ginn definitely had an effect on the game. Their return man (Logan?) would just fair catch everything, a lot of times inside their 10.
I'm so glad you brought this up. Brandon Lloyd is another one of those "soft" players (who we may acquire back). His inability to turn up the field almost cost of the game, no doubt b/c you KNEW we wouldn't get that one yard we needed on the next play and we didn't. But the good news is I trust this staff to coach him up. He is still a very valuable weapon...esp. on the return game, on reverses and my God, we could use him deep...he is SO fast I don't think anyone can stay with him down the field. Had Alex been able to get that pass closer to the sideline that was an EASY TD!
Screw Josh Morgan THIS is the guy we need to re-sign. He is a difference maker in Special Teams
PAY THIS MAN!!!

Share 49ersWebzone