There are 119 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Gore's Speed!?

Originally posted by TheSixthRing:
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Originally posted by b9er37:
Love Gore, but it would be nice to have another good back to come in and not have the drop off. Also it would be nice if Gore didn't miss 3-4 games this year, and adding another back would give him a little break. A speed guy like Spiller would be exciting as F*ck!

3-4 games a year?

He's missed 7 games in 5 years, and no more than 2 in any season.

Gore Game Log

Last year he didn't play against Atlanta, St.Louis and against Minnesota he had 1 rush and was done. Technically he didn't miss the game but you get the point.

Gore is awesome but you have to count on him getting nicked up now and again.

That can be said for a lot of starting RB in the league. Steven Jackson's missed 9 games in the past 3 years. DeAngelo Williams has missed 6 games in 4. Michael Turner missed 5 games this season. Brandon Jacobs has missed 9 games in 3.

Sorry, but I'm just tired of hearing everyone on this board complain about Gore being injury prone - he plays Running Back, the most punished position in the league - injuries come with the territory. Frank Gore is no exception on either end of that spectrum.
Love Gore, but it would be nice to have another good back to come in and not have the drop off. Also it would be nice if Gore didn't miss 3-4 games this year, and adding another back would give him a little break. A speed guy like Spiller would be exciting as F*ck!

3-4 games a year?

Gore Game Log

Last year he didn't play against Atlanta, St.Louis and against Minnesota he had 1 rush and was done. Technically he didn't miss the game but you get the point.

That can be said for a lot of starting RB in the league. Steven Jackson's missed 9 games in the past 3 years. DeAngelo Williams has missed 6 games in 4. Michael Turner missed 5 games this season. Brandon Jacobs has missed 9 games in 3.

Sorry, but I'm just tired of hearing everyone on this board complain about Gore being injury prone - he plays Running Back, the most punished position in the league - injuries come with the territory. Frank Gore is no exception on either end of that spectrum.

coffee needs to step up. Theres really no two ways about that since Gore will get hurt and Coffee needs to minimize the drop off.
i actually dont look at gore as injury prone, he sprains an ankle here and there but as previously posted most other rb's get nicked up throughout the season, i lay the blame on front office for not getting a good backup, coffee is unproven deshaun foster was a joke and robinson shouldnt even be listed as a rb as he is on the team cus he is a core sp team player
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

3-4 games a year?

Gore Game Log

no one wants to replace Him, adding spiller would only help.
Originally posted by SFCH3DDERZ:
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

3-4 games a year?

Gore Game Log

no one wants to replace Him, adding spiller would only help.

Yup, precisely.
I think the fact that RBs, in general, are oft injured is all the more reason to stock up on talent at the position to mitigate the risk of someone going down for an extended period of time.
Originally posted by momoney925:
the one vs the colts suprised me.
he broke two people and made it look easy.

and fools on here want cj spiller.
get thaaa f**k outtaa here

"Fools" on here want CJ Spiller because he would be a CHANGE-OF-PACE back, unlike any of the backs we have on the roster. We also desperately need a return man, which Spiller will be. A RB duo is what is successful in today's NFL and we have no #2 capable of successfully spelling Frank Gore. Glen Coffee is a poor-man's Gore. We don't need a Gore knock-off, we have the real deal. Spiller is going to be a threat that teams will be forced to acknowledge, even if he's only on the field for 10-12 plays per game.

I wouldn't mind if we went with Spiller. I wouldn't mind if we went with another guy, either. FOOLS like you need to realize that when a talent like that is available, smart teams must consider it.
another good vid...

null

[ Edited by 49ersMan420 on Apr 9, 2010 at 13:16:43 ]
Originally posted by 49ersMan420:
another good vid...

null

forget those knuckleheads on florio's site saying he's the pro bowl rb that is available for trade, great vid awesome highlights, and those were just this years ones, i love the niners former great rb's like craig watters hearst but gore is easily my fav
Originally posted by crabman82:
Originally posted by 49ersMan420:
another good vid...

null

forget those knuckleheads on florio's site saying he's the pro bowl rb that is available for trade, great vid awesome highlights, and those were just this years ones, i love the niners former great rb's like craig watters hearst but gore is easily my fav

No idea why but I teared at the end of the video. Maybe I am sad that it is my birthday, proud her is a 49ers or maybe I am proud of what Frank has accomplished considering his learning disability (my niece has one, as well).