LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 256 users in the forums

Gore's Speed!?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:
Gore is fast enough..

He is quicker than he is fast.

I don't know his time 40 speed but I'd guess it's around 4.6, not particularly fast, but fast enough to break off a lot of 20+ yard runs.

Idk if he can break away from safties/db's like he did last year if he runs a 4.6, that would mean they would be running 4.7s & 4.8s, and I just don't see NFL starting DB's that slow.

He has to be around a 4.5, either way he has good football speed.

Thats all that matters, period!
frank the tank

give him a f**king offensive line!!!
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:
Gore is fast enough..

He is quicker than he is fast.

I don't know his time 40 speed but I'd guess it's around 4.6, not particularly fast, but fast enough to break off a lot of 20+ yard runs.

Idk if he can break away from safties/db's like he did last year if he runs a 4.6, that would mean they would be running 4.7s & 4.8s, and I just don't see NFL starting DB's that slow.

He has to be around a 4.5, either way he has good football speed.

if he is a 4.6 and outruns defenders, doesnt mean they are running 4.7 or 4.8, a lot of times it is about the angles the defenders take, if u take a bad one u can have a 3.9 forty yr dash and u wont catch the guy
Originally posted by momoney925:
the one vs the colts suprised me.
he broke two people and made it look easy.

and fools on here want cj spiller.
get thaaa f**k outtaa here

F.Gore is no doubt the shyt and will be for awhile but there are people who want CJ Spiller as a backup/change of pace RB to Frank (which the 49ers need and it will help extend FG's career) and as a KR/PR which the 49ers desperately need.The 2-3 RB attack is becoming more popular in the NFL.

There are "fools" here who are completely clueless to this whole concept

• titan
  • Veteran
His speed is adequate, but his talent is breaking tackles.
Originally posted by titan:

And blocking like a mofo
Originally posted by Godsleftsock:

And blocking like a mofo

he makes defenders look like jokes when he breaks tackles.........its also funny how he embarasses jordan babeneux (#27 seahawks) every season.
Originally posted by Snider8706:
Originally posted by Godsleftsock:

And blocking like a mofo

he makes defenders look like jokes when he breaks tackles.........its also funny how he embarasses jordan babeneux (#27 seahawks) every season.

he makes the seahawks look bad every year
Speed is OVERRATED
Love Gore, but it would be nice to have another good back to come in and not have the drop off. Also it would be nice if Gore didn't miss 3-4 games this year, and adding another back would give him a little break. A speed guy like Spiller would be exciting as F*ck!

Originally posted by b9er37:
Love Gore, but it would be nice to have another good back to come in and not have the drop off. Also it would be nice if Gore didn't miss 3-4 games this year, and adding another back would give him a little break. A speed guy like Spiller would be exciting as F*ck!

3-4 games a year?

He's missed 7 games in 5 years, and no more than 2 in any season.

Gore Game Log
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:

3-4 games a year?

Gore Game Log

Gore sucks
90-something in madden.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran

3-4 games a year?

Gore Game Log

Last year he didn't play against Atlanta, St.Louis and against Minnesota he had 1 rush and was done. Technically he didn't miss the game but you get the point.

Gore is awesome but you have to count on him getting nicked up now and again.
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:

3-4 games a year?

Gore Game Log

Last year he didn't play against Atlanta, St.Louis and against Minnesota he had 1 rush and was done. Technically he didn't miss the game but you get the point.

Gore is awesome but you have to count on him getting nicked up now and again.

That can be said for a lot of starting RB in the league. Steven Jackson's missed 9 games in the past 3 years. DeAngelo Williams has missed 6 games in 4. Michael Turner missed 5 games this season. Brandon Jacobs has missed 9 games in 3.

Sorry, but I'm just tired of hearing everyone on this board complain about Gore being injury prone - he plays Running Back, the most punished position in the league - injuries come with the territory. Frank Gore is no exception on either end of that spectrum.
Share 49ersWebzone