LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 258 users in the forums

Frank Gore Not Thrilled by a Three-Headed Backfield

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Quote:
De facto 49ers G.M. Trent Baalke recently has said that the Niners might try a three-headed monster at tailback. The team's current workhorse, Frank Gore, isn't a fan.

"Personally I wouldn't like it," Gore said of the concept, according to Matt Barrows of the Sacramento Bee.

Whether Gore likes it, of course, doesn't matter. The Saints won a Super Bowl with three tailbacks, and the NFL remains a copycat league.

Besides, it makes sense. The approach tends to keep players healthy, and it can extend careers.

It also keeps players from becoming superstars and commanding huge contracts, which explains why Gore doesn't like it.

LINK HERE
Gore is a warrior..works ass of every practice and every down.

i wouldnt mind a three headed backfield..but nothing gets me more pumped than seeing Gore bust out of the hole for a 60 yard run.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
were we planning on drafting 2 RBs?

[ Edited by ImaMod on Mar 29, 2010 at 19:22:05 ]
Gore needs to suck it up. Btw, we don't even have a successful 2-headed backfield.
Originally posted by ImaMod:

gore coffee and rookie

Trent Baalke said last week that the 49ers could by interested in drafting a change of pace, "Jahvid Best type" RB. He said he believes the NFL is moving towards a 3 RB system similar to what the Dallas Cowboys use.
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

gore coffee and spiller

fixed
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran

gore coffee and rookie

This guy!?

I guess Gore doesn't mind having a short career
  • cupcheck
  • Info N/A
Joe Staley waits to play LT not RT. So don't draft any one who will make him move.

gore coffee and rookie

This guy!?

Originally posted by teeohh:

I guess Gore doesn't mind having a short career

would you be happy about giving up touches? all he does is rush for over 1000 yards with an awful o-line(excluding 2006) and a backup who was mediocre at best
Maybe Gore Should stay healthy for full season before starts to b***h. Besides the fact the man turns 30 in 3 years.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by lonneybyrd:
Maybe Gore Should stay healthy for full season before starts to b***h. Besides the fact the man turns 30 in 3 years.

go say that to his face.
Originally posted by lonneybyrd:

wtf get out m an in 3 years he turns 30 so lets worry about replacing him in 3 years and how many Rbs can do what he did with a bottom 5 OL? when our o line was decent in 2006 he had a career year 1600 yds or something like that fix the o line first so many problems would be solved

spiller is not needed as 1st round pick (unless gaither comes to the 9ers)
Share 49ersWebzone