Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by pd24:
Originally posted by Nes49:
Originally posted by Trajik1:
How many of your are gonna eat your words if Smith has a break out season?

So you think he will have two 300 yard games this year?

WINS ARE MORE IMPORTANT THAN YARDS....it's a TEAM sport.

I think Nolan has done a good job of getting rid of the scrubs, we have a good core right now. we need Draft picks more than FA's if we want to establish back to back winning seasons.

I dont want a win this season because of some FA's that come in, then have a losing season the next because of those same old FA's

The core group is young. We have 7 or 8 draft picks and 2 first round picks. If we could trade a 2nd for a good QB like McNabb, that wouldn't hurt our young core or the draft process.

Mcnabb would be regressing Smith and N.davis, and could be gone after the next year.. This is not Madden

And what have those 2 done? Nate Davis still has 3 more years. Better to learn from a vet that is good instead of a guy that has yet to do something in Smith.

already proven..Smith can perform when he has time. put mcnabb in there and we are again looking for another franchise QB in a year and we will be in QB hell once again

Not really. He played bad against the Bears and Cutler gave us that game. He cost us the Seahawks game with a stupid deep pass to Morgan. he had time both of those games.
Originally posted by amir_tn80:
The idea of York Jr. having a plan is down right laughable. If his plan all along was to wait until a month before the draft to fire the GM, then he is even dumber than I thought. I don't care what anybody thinks about McCloughan, I never liked him either, but you don't wait this long to make front office changes. You do it when the season ends. If he knew what he was doing, he would have fired him then and brought in a competent GM to run the entire offseason. This is just another idiotic move by the ownership in the long line of dumb things they've done for last decade.

This is it.

I think Nolan has done a good job of getting rid of the scrubs, we have a good core right now. we need Draft picks more than FA's if we want to establish back to back winning seasons.

I dont want a win this season because of some FA's that come in, then have a losing season the next because of those same old FA's

The core group is young. We have 7 or 8 draft picks and 2 first round picks. If we could trade a 2nd for a good QB like McNabb, that wouldn't hurt our young core or the draft process.

Mcnabb would be regressing Smith and N.davis, and could be gone after the next year.. This is not Madden

And what have those 2 done? Nate Davis still has 3 more years. Better to learn from a vet that is good instead of a guy that has yet to do something in Smith.

already proven..Smith can perform when he has time. put mcnabb in there and we are again looking for another franchise QB in a year and we will be in QB hell once again

Not really. He played bad against the Bears and Cutler gave us that game. He cost us the Seahawks game with a stupid deep pass to Morgan. he had time both of those games.

LOL Smith cost us the Seattle game? We wouldn't have even been in it without him. He had 300 yards and 2 TDs, should've been 4 if VD and Delanie Walker hadn't dropped easy passes. How about VD cost us the game by dropping a TD that was in his hands or Gore for fumbling that ball which really f**ked us over? Or how about the ref for not calling PI when Delanie was spun around in a circle by that Seahawk? Or how about the poor ST coverage allowing Seattle to get all the way to the 50 when we had to punt? You don't know what you're talking about guy, you're blind.
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

LOL Smith cost us the Seattle game? We wouldn't have even been in it without him. He had 300 yards and 2 TDs, should've been 4 if VD and Delanie Walker hadn't dropped easy passes. How about VD cost us the game by dropping a TD that was in his hands or Gore for fumbling that ball which really f**ked us over? Or how about the ref for not calling PI when Delanie was spun around in a circle by that Seahawk? Or how about the poor ST coverage allowing Seattle to get all the way to the 50 when we had to punt? You don't know what you're talking about guy, you're blind.

We would have been in that game if we had 0 going into the 4th qtr.

the team blew the seattle game not alex, our problem is being consistent, when a wr is open and alex misses the throw, or alex makes a perfect pass and the wr drops it, or our passing game is going well, then gore fumbles, changing players in and out season after season isnt helping us we need to keep the players we have the system we have and roll it out there and see what happens, we wont be worse than last year and the division blows so we should be there at the end.
I have to say atleast the AS lovers have a chance this season to prove everyone wrong... even though stats so far have made their argument weak. But not only is McNab a terrible fit for our Offense and not worth it... it's NEVER going to happen! hahaha no chance, give it up. Be realistic with the trades, this team is not that crazy.
"Alex is our guy."

[ Edited by 49ersMan420 on Mar 24, 2010 at 15:53:24 ]

You need to think out your opinions more before sharing them with the world. Of all the games to use in your point, you choose one that the team won (Chicago), and another where Smith had, by any standard, a very impressive passing game. In fact, I don't think you could have used a worse example than the Seattle game as to what Smith can do with time. I would have gone with Tennessee, or Philadelphia. Kind of makes me question your ability to synthesize relevant information to make an informed, and logical argument
Originally posted by dtcomposer:

You need to think out your opinions more before sharing them with the world. Of all the games to use in your point, you choose one that the team won (Chicago), and another where Smith had, by any standard, a very impressive passing game. In fact, I don't think you could have used a worse example than the Seattle game as to what Smith can do with time. I would have gone with Tennessee, or Philadelphia. Kind of makes me question your ability to synthesize relevant information to make an informed, and logical argument

thats what im thinking.. This guy is a Troll
  • Ang
  • Hall of Fame
You can discuss this in Free Agency and NFL Talk forums, in the already existing threads. Just because you threw Jed's name in it, doesn't mean it's ok to start another one here in Niner Talk.

Share 49ersWebzone