There are 309 users in the forums

Jed Yorks plan..

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Jed already said Smith is the starter for the forseeable future, or did you not pay attention to anything he's said since he let Scot go? Jeez dude, you're just making this stuff up rather than having any info behind it.
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by pd24:
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:
The reason we're close to finally being a playoff team is not because of Jed. I'll give credit to Nolan and McCloughan.

So I don't know what kind of plan Jed has in mind other than making a huge change at QB. He already shook up the front office, might as well shake things up more.

Nolan and McCloughan are also the reason that we are not a playoff team. Thay missed big time with Alex Smith, along with that they trew him in to start on one of the wrst teams ever without any weapons to throw to or anybody to block for him. They started bad and it took them 5 years to get this team to 8-8, it shouldn't take 5 years. Nolan and McCloughan also couldn't keep 1 offensive coordinator around for more than a year. They screwed up big time and last year we saw a sign of recovery.

They also blew the 1st round pick with Balmer, and 2nd round picks with Bass and Chilio along with letting some good guards get away because we don't value that position.

You can't blame Nolan, for OC's getting HC Jobs, and if those OC's stayed longer we wouldnt be in this position.

Yes you can blame Nolan. If you keep hiring guys that have been a HC or are being considered for a HC job, it is Nolans fault. If you hire a New OC that runs different system from the prev OC that is Scott McCloughans fault for hiring Nolan a coach that didn't have a plan for what kind of offensive team he wanted. He didn't have a offensive plan for 5 years, we went from west coast, Norve Turners system, some retards system, to Martz system. We were all over the place, from one extreme to the other.

ok, So who should he have hired that would of stayed with the team?

He didn't have a solid plan when he hired Nolan and picked a QB with the Number 1 pick. They had no plan as far as offensive system and it showed over the next 5 years. Nolan didn't even have a solid plan on D half the time.
Originally posted by pyroglass:
no. mcnabb truly is a horrible QB. from being an eagles fan growing up (until reid/mcnabb ruined the team) and living in the area and not having directv until this past season, i have been forced to watch eagles games and root for the opposing team. mcnabb only looks good in highlights. he can not throw and the only time he can get the ball downfield is with an easy pass or a LOT of receiver effort. He is not what the team needs right now. or ever.

wtf...looks good in highlights????man please go-away!!!!
How many of your are gonna eat your words if Smith has a break out season?
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Trajik1:

So you think he will have two 300 yard games this year?
Man this is a Susweel-esque post. Great job, something I've never read here before.
  • Nes49
  • Veteran

WINS ARE MORE IMPORTANT THAN YARDS....it's a TEAM sport.
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Nes49:

So you think he will win more than 7 games?

I think Nolan has done a good job of getting rid of the scrubs, we have a good core right now. we need Draft picks more than FA's if we want to establish back to back winning seasons.

I dont want a win this season because of some FA's that come in, then have a losing season the next because of those same old FA's
  • pd24
  • Veteran

I think Nolan has done a good job of getting rid of the scrubs, we have a good core right now. we need Draft picks more than FA's if we want to establish back to back winning seasons.

I dont want a win this season because of some FA's that come in, then have a losing season the next because of those same old FA's

The core group is young. We have 7 or 8 draft picks and 2 first round picks. If we could trade a 2nd for a good QB like McNabb, that wouldn't hurt our young core or the draft process.

The core group is young. We have 7 or 8 draft picks and 2 first round picks. If we could trade a 2nd for a good QB like McNabb, that wouldn't hurt our young core or the draft process.

Mcnabb would be regressing Smith and N.davis, and could be gone after the next year.. This is not Madden

So you think he will win more than 7 games?

The question wasn't addressed to me but yes definitely. Dude he got 7 wins as a sophomore QB on a team much worse than this that actually had a decent team(Seattle in 07) in the division. 7 wins this year should be nothing for Smith. I expect 9 wins atleast, more like 10 or 11.
  • pd24
  • Veteran

Mcnabb would be regressing Smith and N.davis, and could be gone after the next year.. This is not Madden

And what have those 2 done? Nate Davis still has 3 more years. Better to learn from a vet that is good instead of a guy that has yet to do something in Smith.
  • Antix
  • Veteran
We'd get McNabb and he'd have a broken leg by week three and we'd be back with Smith who would end up playing slightly better than last year, get us to the playoffs, given a contract extension and we'd have another offseason of people b***hing about Smith.

No Thanks.

And what have those 2 done? Nate Davis still has 3 more years. Better to learn from a vet that is good instead of a guy that has yet to do something in Smith.

already proven..Smith can perform when he has time. put mcnabb in there and we are again looking for another franchise QB in a year and we will be in QB hell once again
Share 49ersWebzone