LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 283 users in the forums

Jed Yorks plan..

Shop Find 49ers gear online
We need a damn line... Look at the kinda time some of the top QB's have to throw the ball. You can bring anyone of them here and I doubt there very successful. It all starts in the trenches!
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by hklar17:
We need a damn line... Look at the kinda time some of the top QB's have to throw the ball. You can bring anyone of them here and I doubt there very successful. It all starts in the trenches!
McNabb had a bad line this past year and a lot of times throughout his career, but he knows how to make the best of it.
  • arniegalifa
  • Info N/A
Im not sure he has one. On the surface, this would appear to be his plan: raise ticked prices through the roof (turned mine in after 39 years), keep front office in constant confusion, work hard at alienating the fans and then move the team to LA. The BOY-KING understands that this is an easier way to go than getting a new stadium built here.
Originally posted by pyroglass:
no. mcnabb truly is a horrible QB. from being an eagles fan growing up (until reid/mcnabb ruined the team) and living in the area and not having directv until this past season, i have been forced to watch eagles games and root for the opposing team. mcnabb only looks good in highlights. he can not throw and the only time he can get the ball downfield is with an easy pass or a LOT of receiver effort. He is not what the team needs right now. or ever.

How did Reid "ruin the team"? He has a 108W to 67L record, has led the Eagles to (3) 2nd-place and (5) 1st- place finishes in the NFC East over 11 seasons!!

I would be ecstatic if a coach like that could come "ruin" the 49ers!!

For comparison:

Bill Walsh had a 92W to 59L record, led the 49ers to (1) 2nd-place and (6) 1st- place finishes in the NFC West over his 10 seasons.

The great Bill Walsh was a genius and their track records show that he was more successful, but Reid isn't too far behind. Oh, and which QB has been at the helm of his demise of the Eagles during his entire stint??
NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!
i really wana see what smith does next year without jumping the gun
The reason we're close to finally being a playoff team is not because of Jed. I'll give credit to Nolan and McCloughan.

So I don't know what kind of plan Jed has in mind other than making a huge change at QB. He already shook up the front office, might as well shake things up more.
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:
The reason we're close to finally being a playoff team is not because of Jed. I'll give credit to Nolan and McCloughan.

So I don't know what kind of plan Jed has in mind other than making a huge change at QB. He already shook up the front office, might as well shake things up more.

Nolan and McCloughan are also the reason that we are not a playoff team. Thay missed big time with Alex Smith, along with that they trew him in to start on one of the wrst teams ever without any weapons to throw to or anybody to block for him. They started bad and it took them 5 years to get this team to 8-8, it shouldn't take 5 years. Nolan and McCloughan also couldn't keep 1 offensive coordinator around for more than a year. They screwed up big time and last year we saw a sign of recovery.

They also blew the 1st round pick with Balmer, and 2nd round picks with Bass and Chilio along with letting some good guards get away because we don't value that position.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
For the right price i would get McNabb
Originally posted by pd24:

Nolan and McCloughan are also the reason that we are not a playoff team. Thay missed big time with Alex Smith, along with that they trew him in to start on one of the wrst teams ever without any weapons to throw to or anybody to block for him. They started bad and it took them 5 years to get this team to 8-8, it shouldn't take 5 years. Nolan and McCloughan also couldn't keep 1 offensive coordinator around for more than a year. They screwed up big time and last year we saw a sign of recovery.

They also blew the 1st round pick with Balmer, and 2nd round picks with Bass and Chilio along with letting some good guards get away because we don't value that position.

You can't blame Nolan, for OC's getting HC Jobs, and if those OC's stayed longer we wouldnt be in this position.

• pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

You can't blame Nolan, for OC's getting HC Jobs, and if those OC's stayed longer we wouldnt be in this position.

Yes you can blame Nolan. If you keep hiring guys that have been a HC or are being considered for a HC job, it is Nolans fault. If you hire a New OC that runs different system from the prev OC that is Scott McCloughans fault for hiring Nolan a coach that didn't have a plan for what kind of offensive team he wanted. He didn't have a offensive plan for 5 years, we went from west coast, Norve Turners system, some retards system, to Martz system. We were all over the place, from one extreme to the other.
  • pd24
  • Veteran

They messed up so bad that they let Martz bring in a QB in JTO that was a 6th round choice and a 3rd string NFL QB and start him over a QB they picked #1 and a QB that was good the year before in Hill. That right there showed they didn't have any idea what they were doing. Martz came in and started running the team.

Yes you can blame Nolan. If you keep hiring guys that have been a HC or are being considered for a HC job, it is Nolans fault. If you hire a New OC that runs different system from the prev OC that is Scott McCloughans fault for hiring Nolan a coach that didn't have a plan for what kind of offensive team he wanted. He didn't have a offensive plan for 5 years, we went from west coast, Norve Turners system, some retards system, to Martz system. We were all over the place, from one extreme to the other.

ok, So who should he have hired that would of stayed with the team?
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
no b***h
Not sure why but this thread gives me a feeling of déjà vu.
Share 49ersWebzone