There are 118 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Jed Yorks plan..

• pd24
  • Veteran
I think Jed knows that we are a good QB away from not only the playoffs, but the superbowl. He might have had enough of McCloughan and his we are doing everything through the draft style. We have a chance to trade for McNabb right now and that can put us as one of the elite teams in the NFC. Jed was the one pushing for Warner, he even wanted Quinn. I think he will make a play for McNabb, and if we land him, we could be a top team in the NFL if we get him without trading our two 1st round picks.
no b***h
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
no b***h
McNabb hasn't gotten the Eagles to the Superbowl recently.....why do people assume he would get us there over night.......
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
no b***h

You don't think having McNabb gives us a great chance to win now. Nate Davis isn't going to learn anything from Smith and Carr. Our team is young, a move like this won't hurt.
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jreff22:
McNabb hasn't gotten the Eagles to the Superbowl recently.....why do people assume he would get us there over night.......

He gives us a chance, right now we don't have a chance. Smith isn't the guy and Carr isn't the guy. We are good to really good at every position except G, RT, and QB. The RT and G will be taken care of through free agency and the draft. A probowl QB that has played in many big games can help alot. McNabb only played about 3 years of his career with a good reciever, 1 with TO (superbowl year), 2 with Jackson (NFC championship game, and playoffs). A supporting cast of Gore, V. Davis, Crabtree, and a playmaker we might draft in the first round would be the best supporting cast he ever had. If we take care of the RT position in the 1st round, it could be the best line he ever had.
The idea of York Jr. having a plan is down right laughable. If his plan all along was to wait until a month before the draft to fire the GM, then he is even dumber than I thought. I don't care what anybody thinks about McCloughan, I never liked him either, but you don't wait this long to make front office changes. You do it when the season ends. If he knew what he was doing, he would have fired him then and brought in a competent GM to run the entire offseason. This is just another idiotic move by the ownership in the long line of dumb things they've done for last decade.
no. mcnabb truly is a horrible QB. from being an eagles fan growing up (until reid/mcnabb ruined the team) and living in the area and not having directv until this past season, i have been forced to watch eagles games and root for the opposing team. mcnabb only looks good in highlights. he can not throw and the only time he can get the ball downfield is with an easy pass or a LOT of receiver effort. He is not what the team needs right now. or ever.
No
Get us to the playoffs, yes. Get us to win a SB, NO!

No thank you....

• Nes49
  • Veteran
McNabb is a WCO QB......If he wanted to go anywhere....it would be a team with the same offense/system so he can come in & make an instant impact on his new team.
Don't think that is the plan.
Originally posted by Nes49:
McNabb is a WCO QB......If he wanted to go anywhere....it would be a team with the same offense/system so he can come in & make an instant impact on his new team.

Right . . . make it a packaged deal with Marty Mornhinweg and then we'll talk.
Originally posted by pd24:
I think Jed knows that we are a good QB away from not only the playoffs, but the superbowl. He might have had enough of McCloughan and his we are doing everything through the draft style. We have a chance to trade for McNabb right now and that can put us as one of the elite teams in the NFC. Jed was the one pushing for Warner, he even wanted Quinn. I think he will make a play for McNabb, and if we land him, we could be a top team in the NFL if we get him without trading our two 1st round picks.

From ESPN:

There was speculation about McNabb's future after he struggled in consecutive losses to Dallas to end the season. The second defeat came in an NFC wild-card playoff game, and fans in Philly took losing the way they always do: badly.

Elite teams in the NFC? There is a reason they want to trade him...He sucks now.

• Nes49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Originally posted by Nes49:

Right . . . make it a packaged deal with Marty Mornhinweg and then we'll talk.

IMHO...(49ers) are built to be a spread/shotgun type offense...especially with Smiff there.