LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 264 users in the forums

Public reactions to Jed York.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by djfullshred:
Originally posted by danimal:
The only fan opinions that really matter to me are from people I know personally, because they are all level headed smart people who have been fans for a long time. We used to tailgate back in the 80's & 90's. My dad used to take me to games as far back as the early 70's.

All my friends & family members who are die hard Niner fans are rolling their eyes again on how lame this team has become under the Yorks. We all see this latest situation as more ineptitude from ownership that is rather clueless on what they are doing with the team.

You are wrong about one thing. They are not clueless. In their opinion Eddie was a horrible business person and cost their family a lot of money. They believe he paid way too much for those 5 shiny trophies. This ownership, and early indications; Jed included......are committed to a business plan that optimizes the most possible profits without seriously wasting resources trying to compete with the great Franchises.

Does this strategy mean that the Niners will definitely not win a Championship? Absolutely not, they could get lucky here and there, but they never will have extended periods of great success.

They are not as stupid as you think. In fact, it is true, they are smarter than Eddie. But Eddie had a competitive nature, thats what makes him a better person. The Yorks should just go buy a business that does not involve fans as customers. That is what makes them the scum of the earth. But they are certainly not clueless.

Ok, I'll rephrase my opinion to say these smart people are working in a business they are not very good at producing results in. They should hire peole that have a proven track record at producing results in professional football to run things for them.

I think they are providing results. Thats my point.

Their personal agenda is to make as much money as possible while not wasting too much in a costly Super Bowl bid. Part of their personal agenda is continued success in making fans believe their public agenda. Same goes for a new stadium. They just want to squeeze as many pennies out of candlestick as they can, while still making the world believe they are trying to build another one.

I truly believe things are going exactly as desired for the York family.
The only fan opinions that really matter to me are from people I know personally, because they are all level headed smart people who have been fans for a long time. We used to tailgate back in the 80's & 90's. My dad used to take me to games as far back as the early 70's.

All my friends & family members who are die hard Niner fans are rolling their eyes again on how lame this team has become under the Yorks. We all see this latest situation as more ineptitude from ownership that is rather clueless on what they are doing with the team.

You are wrong about one thing. They are not clueless. In their opinion Eddie was a horrible business person and cost their family a lot of money. They believe he paid way too much for those 5 shiny trophies. This ownership, and early indications; Jed included......are committed to a business plan that optimizes the most possible profits without seriously wasting resources trying to compete with the great Franchises.

Does this strategy mean that the Niners will definitely not win a Championship? Absolutely not, they could get lucky here and there, but they never will have extended periods of great success.

They are not as stupid as you think. In fact, it is true, they are smarter than Eddie. But Eddie had a competitive nature, thats what makes him a better person. The Yorks should just go buy a business that does not involve fans as customers. That is what makes them the scum of the earth. But they are certainly not clueless.

Ok, I'll rephrase my opinion to say these smart people are working in a business they are not very good at producing results in. They should hire peole that have a proven track record at producing results in professional football to run things for them.

Their personal agenda is to make as much money as possible while not wasting too much in a costly Super Bowl bid. Part of their personal agenda is continued success in making fans believe their public agenda. Same goes for a new stadium. They just want to squeeze as many pennies out of candlestick as they can, while still making the world believe they are trying to build another one.

LOL. You got it. You understand the YORKS. I'm impressed with your amazing knowledged of the YORK family...
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

LOL. You got it. You understand the YORKS. I'm impressed with your amazing knowledged of the YORK family...

WHAT'S WRONG WITH BEING CHEAP?

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

haha, yeah, all true. Just ask Paraag "money ball" Marathe about his math formulas in evaluating what players to sign.
Share 49ersWebzone