There are 225 users in the forums

Public reactions to Jed York.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I notice a lot of people on here say very negative things. Smile while you can. You'll be out of office come Novemapa.
Originally posted by 16280:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by modninerfan:
new owners would be nice... but i'm not boycotting.

Ellison was pushing hard to buy the Niners a few years back, but Dr. York wouldnt sell for anything. considering Ellison is a multi-billionaire, Dr. York mustve just wanted to keep the team no matter what.

i wish Steve Young and Brent Jones' group had been able to buy the team.

Steve Young and Brent Jones would be better. Larry Ellison would be better.

Steve Young and Brent Jones have only a tiny fraction of the money needed to buy the team. In past discussions of their involvement, they were only a part of the ownership group which could add name recognition and, possibly, some good advice.

It's hard to pull for Larry Ellison if you actually know what he's about. His ego and obnoxiousness would likely make you BEG for the Yorks. We're talking Dan Snyder West all the way. And while I don't have anything against gays or bisexuals, do you really want our team to be the first with an owner who has a reputation for "playing for both teams?" Can you imagine the ridicule from other fans?

I thought he was straight? But I really don't know and I don't care. He's a winner. Better than the Yorks who are just inherited money.
Good lord SD, just go find a new team with an owner you can fall in love with and call it a day.
Originally posted by benton45:
Originally posted by benton45:
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Originally posted by modninerfan:
new owners would be nice... but i'm not boycotting.

If I knew for sure that a boycott would result in new owners, I'd do it. Since there's no way to know what will result in a boycott, I'm not gonna do it.

Something has to be done. We can't keep putting up with the Yorks.

Get off the MB...go get rich..buy the team...it's obvious that you would make all the right moves. All you need is to ditch crying on the internet and a middle class life for actual ownership and wealth....

get after it man... the future is in your hands.

LOL.

It doesn't mean we can't criticize their sorry a**es. They have been a joke for a decade. We are the Detroit Lions West. They get rid of their GM weeks before the draft with 2 first round picks. It's absurd. Unprecidented in modern times.

They could have gotten rid of him at the end of the season and they would have had a shot at the likes of Holmgren or even Shannahan if you could talk him into a GM role for the right amount of money. Their timing is ill conceived and their decisions are putrid.

Given that they got rid of him 5 weeks before the draft it is fairly obvious that something happened in the past month or so. To say that the move is absurd might have credibility if you knew why the move was made.

Since you have absolutely no idea why the move was made all you are doing is pissing and moaning like a woman on a heavy flow day with a purse full of light flow tampons.

-9fA
I guess I have higher hopes and expectations than a lot of people. A lot of the posters have real low expectations. Like yeah whatever Jed wants to do is the opinion I see.

if by "high expectations" you mean "spoiled perfectionist attitude", then yes, you have very high expectations.

were all in the same boat dude. you think anyone here likes losing? you dont know the first thing about how to form a winning franchise from the front office down, so why do you act so arrogant about how awful Jed York is doing at it?

you might be partially right about us being in a similar boat to the Lions and Raiders, but were clearly not that kind of franchise. every team has its ups and downs. were in a down period after the greatest 18 year streak in NFL history.

try to be more positive. if anything, because complaining and degrading your own team does no good, and will eventually piss off everyone else around you, like right now.

this.

-9fA
i like jed york
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
i like jed york
I guess I have higher hopes and expectations than a lot of people. A lot of the posters have real low expectations. Like yeah whatever Jed wants to do is the opinion I see.

if by "high expectations" you mean "spoiled perfectionist attitude", then yes, you have very high expectations.

were all in the same boat dude. you think anyone here likes losing? you dont know the first thing about how to form a winning franchise from the front office down, so why do you act so arrogant about how awful Jed York is doing at it?

you might be partially right about us being in a similar boat to the Lions and Raiders, but were clearly not that kind of franchise. every team has its ups and downs. were in a down period after the greatest 18 year streak in NFL history.

try to be more positive. if anything, because complaining and degrading your own team does no good, and will eventually piss off everyone else around you, like right now.

When we are compared with the Lions and the Raiders that's not good. Look at the last decade of moves by this team. Just terrible. I have no faith in the Yorks because of their history and track record.

let me give you an example. say everyone in this thread is stranded on top of a mountain. were all sitting here putting up with the -30 degree temperature, but one guy keeps whining about it being cold, about being hungry, about how it sucks being stuck up here, and he does it nonstop.

the rest of us are looking over at this guy like "STFU."

dont be that guy. if anything because he gets eaten first.

When we are compared with the Lions and the Raiders that's not good. Look at the last decade of moves by this team. Just terrible. I have no faith in the Yorks because of their history and track record.

let me give you an example. say everyone in this thread is stranded on top of a mountain. were all sitting here putting up with the -30 degree temperature, but one guy keeps whining about it being cold, about being hungry, about how it sucks being stuck up here, and he does it nonstop.

the rest of us are looking over at this guy like "STFU."

dont be that guy. if anything because he gets eaten first.

LMAO
it gets tiring reading threads like this. What I see is a personal matter with Scottie and Jed doesn't want to air the dirty laundry. Unfortunately it happened so close to the draft. Actually it seemed to have happened a few weeks ago and management seemed to have taken their time to do the right thing which could be a good thing. I'm sure you would have b***hed if they handled it too quickly.

I see your posts a lot and you are never happy. I don't think you have been happy with Scott "McClueless" or the Yorks. When they get rid of "McCluess" you b***h but yet you were never happy with him. Nobody is happy with the Yorks but Jed does seem like he's trying but I'm sure you would make a better team president.

Originally posted by miked1978:
it gets tiring reading threads like this. What I see is a personal matter with Scottie and Jed doesn't want to air the dirty laundry. Unfortunately it happened so close to the draft. Actually it seemed to have happened a few weeks ago and management seemed to have taken their time to do the right thing which could be a good thing. I'm sure you would have b***hed if they handled it too quickly.

I see your posts a lot and you are never happy. I don't think you have been happy with Scott "McClueless" or the Yorks. When they get rid of "McCluess" you b***h but yet you were never happy with him. Nobody is happy with the Yorks but Jed does seem like he's trying but I'm sure you would make a better team president.

They timed it terribly. 5 weeks before the draft... They could have gotten Holmgren. Instead we have no GM.

Yes we could do better than Jed York as President. I'm starting to think even John York would be better to have back again...
Jed seems pretty awesome... not clueless like his father.

Don't hate, appreciate.
Originally posted by miked1978:

They timed it terribly. 5 weeks before the draft... They could have gotten Holmgren. Instead we have no GM.

Yes we could do better than Jed York as President. I'm starting to think even John York would be better to have back again...

You are the only one here comparing the Niners to the Lions and Raiders. You are the reason Niner fans are labeled as whiners. Do you ever read what you are saying? And Holmgren, as much as I like and respect him he wasn't that successful as a GM.

Jed handled this properly and professionally in my view. As a business owner I can tell you that unexpected situations arise where decisions need to be made promptly. The decision you make at the time is the best with the information you have at hand. For you to blindly b***h and moan about anything and everything management does when you do NOT have the knowledge at hand that they do simply shows you have not yet been promoted to night manager at Burger King or perhaps you would understand.

I am not worried about the draft or this organization moving forward. Scot did not make up the draft board by himself. I think Jed is doing a good job.

LB
Originally posted by confusedrhino:
Jed seems pretty awesome... not clueless like his father.

Don't hate, appreciate.

He might be worse in some ways. He demonstrates much less maturity which should be expected. His decisions are erratic and spur of the moment. Not well thought out at all for future planning.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Can they just concentrate on building a good football team without being a bunch of frigging drama queens!?!

Do I gotta pull my pants down again!?!

Share 49ersWebzone