There are 300 users in the forums

Public reactions to Jed York.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by SWAGG-ER:
Originally posted by benton45:
http://blog.pressdemocrat.com/49ers/2010/03/york-announces-mccloughans-departure-as-49ers-gm.html

How the public and fans view the comments of Jed York.

1) "Does anyone else find this press conference (to say nothing of the whole process) bizarre? How do you go from giving the keys to the kingdom to McCloughan to having it be in both parties' "best interest" to part just a few weeks before the draft? This organization is Dysfunctional (with a capital D)."

2) "If Jed York had any integrity he would get out of the football business. Jed is an absolute joke and his team is a laughingstock. If there was any hint that mccloughlin wasnt up to the job a couple months ago, the niners should have jumped on bruce allen or holmgren.

As the warrior situation shows, fans and the lack of money can force ownership moves. It is time for a real talk about boycotting this sorry organization, and its an especially good time when they decide to RAISE ticket prices by 10% after a non-playoff year.

Boycott this team, stop spending any more money on this inept family."

3) "I wonder if Larry Ellison's possible purchase of the Warriors means he won't also be in the market for the 49ers one day.

After a decade of York ownership, here we are again with what has become business as usual: Ongoing integrity problems, instability, and a putrid team on the field."

Maybe you should put on your big girl panties, wipe away those tears and realize that things happen behind closed doors with businesses that are better off behind those doors.

or heres a better idea... go be a chargers fan

Thank you for saying what we were all thinking.

Face it SanDiego49er, you're a Jed hater. He could have come out and told you that Scot cheated on his wife with an intern at the facility and you would have somehow found a way to still be displeased with him. Something along the lines of "Classic York's promoting someone with a perfect track record w/o knowing he'd bang an intern. Way to go Jed. You fail, sell the team". Or "Classic, Jed. Classless, things like this should be kept confidential. Total lack of Class. Real owners never spill the beans".

Jed handled this properly. He told Scot he'd wait 5 days, he did. Scot asked for this to remain confidential, he did. He gave a vote of confidence to Alex, told us Sing will be just a coach, and those are important things we needed to know. Baalke is clearly a more than satisfactory candidate to do the job he's been asked to do.

He's completely overmatched and unqualified to do what he is doing. He's just a rich kid. And he's stupid like his father.

SanDiego, you're a good guy but dude - seriously? You've been reduced to name-calling? Isn't there an age requirement here bro? I mean I've had my flameouts, I admit but I don't think I called anyone a caca-doodie head.

Who did I call a name?

Do you like Jed York as our owner?
I'm willing to give it another year before i start whining....... Go Niners!
I guess I have higher hopes and expectations than a lot of people. A lot of the posters have real low expectations. Like yeah whatever Jed wants to do is the opinion I see.

if by "high expectations" you mean "spoiled perfectionist attitude", then yes, you have very high expectations.

were all in the same boat dude. you think anyone here likes losing? you dont know the first thing about how to form a winning franchise from the front office down, so why do you act so arrogant about how awful Jed York is doing at it?

you might be partially right about us being in a similar boat to the Lions and Raiders, but were clearly not that kind of franchise. every team has its ups and downs. were in a down period after the greatest 18 year streak in NFL history.

try to be more positive. if anything, because complaining and degrading your own team does no good, and will eventually piss off everyone else around you, like right now.
  • benton45
  • Info N/A
I guess I have higher hopes and expectations than a lot of people. A lot of the posters have real low expectations. Like yeah whatever Jed wants to do is the opinion I see.

It's his team... so he can do whatever he wants to do.

As for your high expectations...i didnt realize that being a crybaby over SCOT MCLOUGHAN parting ways was indicative of high expectations.
Originally posted by Niners99:

if by "high expectations" you mean "spoiled perfectionist attitude", then yes, you have very high expectations.

were all in the same boat dude. you think anyone here likes losing? you dont know the first thing about how to form a winning franchise from the front office down, so why do you act so arrogant about how awful Jed York is doing at it?

you might be partially right about us being in a similar boat to the Lions and Raiders, but were clearly not that kind of franchise. every team has its ups and downs. were in a down period after the greatest 18 year streak in NFL history.

try to be more positive. if anything, because complaining and degrading your own team does no good, and will eventually piss off everyone else around you, like right now.

When we are compared with the Lions and the Raiders that's not good. Look at the last decade of moves by this team. Just terrible. I have no faith in the Yorks because of their history and track record.

When we are compared with the Lions and the Raiders that's not good. Look at the last decade of moves by this team. Just terrible. I have no faith in the Yorks because of their history and track record.

OK
Originally posted by vrabbit:

OK

So you agree?

OK

So you agree?

OK

OK

So you agree?

OK

Want to expound on that a little more?

OK

So you agree?

OK

OK

OK

So you agree?

OK

OK

OK

So you agree?

OK

OK

OK
Jed will prove his worth depending on what he does as far as getting a grown up to run this outfit. Yes we have some guys with talent and experience, but what we really need right now is an admission by jed that he isn't experienced enough to run this team, and a HOFO would be the best option. If he is waiting and evaluating some guys for HOFO, my hat is off to him. Remember when mooch got fired, niners had no one in mind to come in and take over. Hopefully this has been thot thru better than in the old days when yorks did things without thinking out the next steps...and crappy evaluation of talent led us to erWreckson/ donashole, & noln, followed by jump promoting an excellent LB coach and HOF LB to HC, when he had no experience coaching DBs, DLs, OLs, RBs, QBs, Wrs, nor TEs; he also had never been an OC or DC, and of course, never a HC either. That was the york impulsive hire, and i hope that has been replaced by thotful consideration of a proven HOFO. At least one can hope.

Having scot not here for the draft is a plus for us...not a negative. This is a case where we got better by subtraction, not addition. A really great hire like a Loomis, a parcells, a pioli, a bellicheat, or a guy who put the ravens together, would be HUGE for us 49er fans. We got the first part done...scot is gone, and now let's just hope jed doesn't blow it for the HOFO pick.
  • Veteran
Originally posted by modninerfan:
new owners would be nice... but i'm not boycotting.

Ellison was pushing hard to buy the Niners a few years back, but Dr. York wouldnt sell for anything. considering Ellison is a multi-billionaire, Dr. York mustve just wanted to keep the team no matter what.

i wish Steve Young and Brent Jones' group had been able to buy the team.

Steve Young and Brent Jones would be better. Larry Ellison would be better.

Steve Young and Brent Jones have only a tiny fraction of the money needed to buy the team. In past discussions of their involvement, they were only a part of the ownership group which could add name recognition and, possibly, some good advice.

It's hard to pull for Larry Ellison if you actually know what he's about. His ego and obnoxiousness would likely make you BEG for the Yorks. We're talking Dan Snyder West all the way. And while I don't have anything against gays or bisexuals, do you really want our team to be the first with an owner who has a reputation for "playing for both teams?" Can you imagine the ridicule from other fans?
Originally posted by 16280:
Originally posted by modninerfan:
new owners would be nice... but i'm not boycotting.

Ellison was pushing hard to buy the Niners a few years back, but Dr. York wouldnt sell for anything. considering Ellison is a multi-billionaire, Dr. York mustve just wanted to keep the team no matter what.

i wish Steve Young and Brent Jones' group had been able to buy the team.

Steve Young and Brent Jones would be better. Larry Ellison would be better.

Steve Young and Brent Jones have only a tiny fraction of the money needed to buy the team. In past discussions of their involvement, they were only a part of the ownership group which could add name recognition and, possibly, some good advice.

It's hard to pull for Larry Ellison if you actually know what he's about. His ego and obnoxiousness would likely make you BEG for the Yorks. We're talking Dan Snyder West all the way. And while I don't have anything against gays or bisexuals, do you really want our team to be the first with an owner who has a reputation for "playing for both teams?" Can you imagine the ridicule from other fans?

Ellison has a rep of playing for both teams? Damn I'll keep Jed as owner all the way in that case.
Share 49ersWebzone