LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 406 users in the forums

Official "Tell Baalke to take a walk" thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by JDeezy:
According to 49ersnakoi in the gm thread, "Harbaugh's daughter is married to Baalke's sister's son". I say hogwash, but anyone know more about this? This was in relation to an assertion that they can work together. IMO i don't know about Baalke, but I definitely think it was Sing who exercised major pull in getting the 2 lineman in this past draft.

It was sarcasm.
Originally posted by egoonda:
Originally posted by niner4life21:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Sure glad the Niners are about to make Baalke their GM. The highlight of his resume include being a scout for many years, and the terrific drafts the Niners have manufactured the past three years. If you have enjoyed Baalke's amazing track record over the last three years, then imagine greatness in the future:
2008: Balmer, Rachal, Smith, Wallace, Morgan, Grant
2009: Crabtree, Coffee, McKillop, Davis, Pascoe, Taylor, Francois
2010: Davis, Iupati, Mays, Bowman, Dixon, Byham, Williams, Adams

The six starters from the last three drafts are:
2008: Rachal, Smith and Morgan
2009: Crabtree
2010: Davis, Iupati

I wouldn't be surprised to see all three of the starters in the 2008 class benched in 2011. That would leave Baalke's legacy hinging on Crabtree, Davis and Iupati (who appears to be the only real impact player from the last three drafts).

Sorry, but call me a skeptic.

You're smart enough to know that Baalke didn't conduct the 2008 draft.

If I'm making the call on this (or any other level-headed person) I would be saying no-one in this organization has stepped up in the past 3-10 years. It is an f'n disgrace to the tradition this team has stood for. It is a disgrace to the memory of Bill Walsh, and our great past players. It is a disgrace to the fans of this (formerly) great team. It is time for new blood. Period.

As someone who's spent a lot of time as a manager in the corporate world, and have played ball in the past, I know there area a lot of similarities in the areas of coaching and management. When a manager is let go, it is pretty smart to let go of his compatriots. Old loyalites cause trouble. The media can play up differences of opinion as "they don't like the new coach, etc."...

A fresh start is required. If Balke was the "de-facto" GM, then he is responsible - ultimately - for the $#!t-show that has been the Niners of late. You can't say he has been the "de-facto" GM, and let him off the hook for his lack of "taking charge". Sing should have had his a$$ tossed to the curb long ago...

However, Baalke was the lead guy on scouting for the Niners which, in essence, tells the GM and company which players are the ones to target in the draft. Just because they don't ultimately make the final call does not mean they have are exempt from major input.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Sure glad the Niners are about to make Baalke their GM. The highlight of his resume include being a scout for many years, and the terrific drafts the Niners have manufactured the past three years. If you have enjoyed Baalke's amazing track record over the last three years, then imagine greatness in the future:

I wouldn't be surprised to see all three of the starters in the 2008 class benched in 2011. That would leave Baalke's legacy hinging on Crabtree, Davis and Iupati (who appears to be the only real impact player from the last three drafts).

If I'm making the call on this (or any other level-headed person) I would be saying no-one in this organization has stepped up in the past 3-10 years. It is an f'n disgrace to the tradition this team has stood for. It is a disgrace to the memory of Bill Walsh, and our great past players. It is a disgrace to the fans of this (formerly) great team. It is time for new blood. Period.

As someone who's spent a lot of time as a manager in the corporate world, and have played ball in the past, I know there area a lot of similarities in the areas of coaching and management. When a manager is let go, it is pretty smart to let go of his compatriots. Old loyalites cause trouble. The media can play up differences of opinion as "they don't like the new coach, etc."...

A fresh start is required. If Balke was the "de-facto" GM, then he is responsible - ultimately - for the $#!t-show that has been the Niners of late. You can't say he has been the "de-facto" GM, and let him off the hook for his lack of "taking charge". Sing should have had his a$$ tossed to the curb long ago...

However, Baalke was the lead guy on scouting for the Niners which, in essence, tells the GM and company which players are the ones to target in the draft. Just because they don't ultimately make the final call does not mean they have are exempt from major input.

Mad, who do you want as GM?

actually Reggie Smith is a starter now so make that 4.
This guy might be working for Jed for quite some time now but he never was a 49ers guy or somebody whose name has been floating around for years. Some GMs with other teams were unknown before they got their job and their team started winning.

Trent started from the bottom of the profession and obviously he's got talent and good management/leadership skills to reach this far, albeit the 49ers. After I've seen him talk a few times during the draft and that he puts out very good presentations tells me he is a very good professional and knows what he's talking about.

Also, when he was on KNBR (or another radio station - can't remember when) he appeared to be a personable and likeable guy. I have seen GMs that are just total AsHls and can't even do a decent job. If I am working for a big company and doing my best, with all the talent that I have, dedication, and loyalty to elevate myself to the next position and just get bypassed by an outsider - I would be so raging MAD.
Lock this thread!!
Trent looking good right now but so is everyone in the Niner organization 5-1.
We should make this,

"Bring back old threads week"
Originally posted by saniner:
Lock this thread!!

No... Keep bumping this thread so we ALL know who should be eating crow..
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:
Originally posted by saniner:
Lock this thread!!

No... Keep bumping this thread so we ALL know who should be eating crow..

pleasure bump
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
We should make this,

"Bring back old threads week"

You know what that means, right?

The return of the photoshop thread

Share 49ersWebzone