49ers | Giving McCloughan leave of absence

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by westcoastchamps:
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
I have a bad feeling about this...

wow you keep geting funnier all the time

are you stalking me?
It'll be interesting to see how long this leave actually is..

-9fA
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:

I love how 90% of the people on this board can't stand Scot, and don't want him as our GM...and now that he's not gonna be here for the draft, they're saying "Right before the draft! WTF?!?"

no kidding, huh?

Makes sense to me. Having no one is worse than having someone you would like to see an upgrade at their position.
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:

-9fA

he just wanted to take a 4 day weekend

Originally posted by danimal:
I really have no idea what any of this means.

Are we really suppose to believe that he is going through some extraordinary personal issue?

Why is it so hard to believe?

This happens all the time, whether it be for health issues (Urban Meyer), to be closer to your family (Bill Cowher), or for personal issues (Tiger Woods).

Well I just find it hard to believe because everybody has personal issues. Getting a LOA solely for these personal issues is smack dab in the middle of special treatment land. But usually, such special treatment comes at a price, that being disclosure. People will want to know what makes your problems so much more pressing than mine.

So if it really is personal stuff, I would think Scotty would be telling us the nature of this issue.

-9fA

he just wanted to take a 4 day weekend

Spring break?

-9fA

-9fA

forever, i hope.

I love how 90% of the people on this board can't stand Scot, and don't want him as our GM...and now that he's not gonna be here for the draft, they're saying "Right before the draft! WTF?!?"

Hey I am one of those peeps - I don't like his strategy at all generally - His lower round picks are often questionable at best and his silly little requirements for lineman are just that silly.

All that said I am a little shocked this happened 5 weeks from the draft - Not sure I trust Singletary to be able to remove those blinders - his record while the clock is running (last few minutes of the game) not so good.
Originally posted by mayo63:
This is the outcome I was wishing for, better than a firing or resignation.

thank you adam! Coming with the TRUTH! Scotty will be back, I HOPE
SANTA CLARA, Calif. -- The San Francisco 49ers are cutting ties with their general manager, Scot McCloughan, over what has been described as a "personal matter" not related to team issues.

Reached Thursday morning, McCloughan told FanHouse via text message, "I'm fine and moving forward." He would not elaborate further.

Team president/CEO Jed York told FanHouse that he did not want to comment on McCloughan's status with the franchise at this time. However, multiple NFL sources confirmed that McCloughan is no longer with the organization because of longstanding personal issues.

"It was by mutual agreement," a source said of the decision that followed a closed-door meeting on Wednesday between McCloughan, York and several members of the 49ers' front office team.

Link

Are we really suppose to believe that he is going through some extraordinary personal issue?

This happens all the time, whether it be for health issues (Urban Meyer), to be closer to your family (Bill Cowher), or for personal issues (Tiger Woods).

Well I just find it hard to believe because everybody has personal issues. Getting a LOA solely for these personal issues is smack dab in the middle of special treatment land. But usually, such special treatment comes at a price, that being disclosure. People will want to know what makes your problems so much more pressing than mine.

So if it really is personal stuff, I would think Scotty would be telling us the nature of this issue.

Well let's just wait and see what they have to say, shall we? It hasn't even been 24 hours, and the news just now officially came out.

this
  • luv49rs
  • Hall of Fame

perhaps because its none of our business
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jreff22:
SANTA CLARA, Calif. -- The San Francisco 49ers are cutting ties with their general manager, Scot McCloughan, over what has been described as a "personal matter" not related to team issues.

Reached Thursday morning, McCloughan told FanHouse via text message, "I'm fine and moving forward." He would not elaborate further.

Team president/CEO Jed York told FanHouse that he did not want to comment on McCloughan's status with the franchise at this time. However, multiple NFL sources confirmed that McCloughan is no longer with the organization because of longstanding personal issues.

"It was by mutual agreement," a source said of the decision that followed a closed-door meeting on Wednesday between McCloughan, York and several members of the 49ers' front office team.

Link

That's an earlier report, it has since been reported he's on extended leave.
Hopefully the silver lining is we stay away from Mays and McClain. Those guys would be right up Scotty's alley.

Now we are free to go lineman (O and/or D) or playmaker (regardless of size) all the way.
Share 49ersWebzone