LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 203 users in the forums

Singletary Having more say in Talent Evaluations?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 9erfreak:
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
At this point we are screwed and York has struck us once again. We don't have time to find a replacement. So we are going into the draft blind with 2 first rounders.

Do you ever post anything that has any basis in fact? 99% of the evaluation on prospects is done, and our board is basically set. We also happen to have two pretty well respected guys in Trent Baalke and Tom Gamble that will very likely be running the show on draft day. Knock off the sensationalist bulls**t and actually think about something for once.

Exactly the boards are set. While losing the GM 5 weeks before the draft is a cause for concern, thinking we are going in blind is really not even remotely close to true. The draft war room is a group effort with several opions of skilled evaluators, and is in no way a one man show.

The timing is extremely bad for releasing McC but I still think we can have a very productive draft.

Yeah but while all the commotion with McFired, Singletary slipped in at put his favorites on top of the draft board.
Originally posted by LottOfDefense:
At this point we are screwed and York has struck us once again. We don't have time to find a replacement. So we are going into the draft blind with 2 first rounders.

Do you ever post anything that has any basis in fact? 99% of the evaluation on prospects is done, and our board is basically set. We also happen to have two pretty well respected guys in Trent Baalke and Tom Gamble that will very likely be running the show on draft day. Knock off the sensationalist bulls**t and actually think about something for once.

Exactly the boards are set. While losing the GM 5 weeks before the draft is a cause for concern, thinking we are going in blind is really not even remotely close to true. The draft war room is a group effort with several opions of skilled evaluators, and is in no way a one man show.

The timing is extremely bad for releasing McC but I still think we can have a very productive draft.

Yeah but while all the commotion with McFired, Singletary slipped in at put his favorites on top of the draft board.

Really? do you have proof? What if McC's draft board looked like crap and had another Kentwan Balmer player listed a top?

Lets stop pulling crap out of our asses.
I think him being more involved in draft prep is a good thing...but, Baalke will lead the draft, and with his experience and Coach's inputs, I'm looking forward to seeing some changes in their approach vs Mac's. I think Singletary will listen to recommendations from some of his key coaches, like Solari on the OL they should draft. I think we won't see any "maulers", but guys who're quicker on their feet and can do many things well. I'd say chances are also better now for some playmakers...despite their size. Coach's personal evaluations can only help toward a successful draft...and will hopefully yield the most talented roster to date.
Originally posted by miked1978:
Originally posted by LottOfDefense:

Really? do you have proof? What if McC's draft board looked like crap and had another Kentwan Balmer player listed a top?

Lets stop pulling crap out of our asses.

Balmer was a late 1st round/early 2nd round pick on most draft boards. He would not have gotten drafted much later.
Per MM's blog.

Sing skipping Mon and Tues OTAs to go on scouting trip with Baalke?

Doesn't this contradict what Jed said in his non press conference?

I wonder if he'd be going on this trip if Scot was still around?

Strange, just strange.
obviously not..its about creating a rapport w/ baalke in mepos
Share 49ersWebzone