There are 158 users in the forums

GM McCloughan (possibly) stepping down????

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Maybe McCloughan traded Hill behind Singletary's back and Coach got super pissed.
Damn. This team can never last without some type of stupid f**kup. Dammit.
Originally posted by Method:
Damn. This team can never last without some type of stupid f**kup. Dammit.

On the same day Patrick has knee surgery
are you f**king kidding me dude? why does this type of s**t always happen to us
noooooooooo
seems like the people that hated him are gonna be super happy right now!!
Originally posted by DesiDez:
I can't see why he would do this 1 month from the draft unless he's being forced out or personal reasons.

I guess Singletary being involved in the scouting process was a tell-tale sign.

Wow, good call.

Man, this sucks, though. I always kinda secretly didn't much care for him but now that I think of it, who else is there?? Damn, we coulda had Holmgren, too! Hmm, don't know if I trust Singletary's judgement on drafting players... especially seeing his style in offensive coordinators
Whaaaaaaaa????
I'm thinking it's something like the niners are giving too much power to singletary when Scot has just became the gm in the past year.f**k this team makes so many
mistakes. Let Scot do his f**king job.

Also, Scot probably feels he doesn't have enough say in player movement with the team; ie sing wants a qb competition and Scot doesn't.
[ Edited by Method on Mar 17, 2010 at 9:11 PM ]
Oh f*ck.

Maybe McCloughan didn't want Singletary as coach after the 2009 season but Jed did. This has the makings of Jed/Sing vs McCloughan battle. And then McCloughan signs David Carr, and trades Shaun Hill who's was a Singletary favorite. I also think that maybe McCloughan somehow forced Alex Smith into the starting job last season pissing Singletary off, considering how quickly Hilll was replaced. Add to the fact, that some OC like Linehan (MCCloughan's first choice for new OC) turned down Singletary's offer (this is just my speculation). McCloughan probably saw his GM duties being diminished as time went on and will decide to step down, thus screwing the 49ers over one last time by leaving before the draft.

Eagerly awaiting Michael Silver from yahoo.com because his source is McCloughan.
[ Edited by DesiDez on Mar 17, 2010 at 9:17 PM ]
Ladies and Gentlemen, your new GM:

Paraag Marathe

I like Paraag in his role.

NOT as a personnel guy.

I'm just speculating so don't go quoting me
Regardless if this is some internal issue or a personal crisis, Scot leaving at this time would not be good. Hard to imagine there is anyone we could get at this point in the off-season that could take over his responsibilities.

This is going to keep me up tonight...
Originally posted by wysiwyg:
Ladies and Gentlemen, your new GM:

Paraag Marathe

I like Paraag in his role.

NOT as a personnel guy.

I'm just speculating so don't go quoting me

Dude if that happened- I would turn on Jed York and I've been a big supporter since he became a big part of the organization.
Maybe Coach Singletary's acting too much like Coach/GM Singletary!

Brian Billick as GM?
[ Edited by doc_brown_ on Mar 17, 2010 at 9:16 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone