LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 336 users in the forums

GM McCloughan (possibly) stepping down????

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by wysiwyg:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Somebody hold me....

Hugs Oakland

WTF! That better be a gun in your pocket....

um . . . um . . .
McLoughlan = Irish

Today = St. Paddy's Day

Cruel Irish Joke?

Scot's been binge drinking today and lost it!
I've never been a fan of McCloughan and I've always said we need strong football executives in the front office. It worked well for him in Seattle and Green Bay because he worked under strong football minds. But in SF, he's been the only football executive and he just hasn't gotten it done. Having said all that, you never see a GM resign a month before the draft. That is unheard of. This is a reminder of the weak pathetic front office assembled by the ownership. Until this franchise gets a strong football minded president, sh*t like this will happen over and over.
WTF
  • Lifer
  • Veteran
My first reaction is that this has to be a health issue or family problem... it's so sudden and the timing is so bad. But "files were relocated from his office???" That sounds like a hostile parting of the ways.
meat of the blog entry

Quote:
McCloughan met Wednesday behind closed doors with the 49ers' upper management at the 49ers' team offices in Santa Clara, sources said. The group included Jed York, executive vice president of football and business operations Paraag Marathe, vice president of football affairs Keena Turner and Michael Rossi, a retired vice chair of BankAmerica Corp., who works as a senior advisor to the 49ers.

McCloughan left the 49ers' team offices after the meeting and files were relocated from his office this afternoon.

John York, who was in London the past several days with a contingent of 49ers employees in preparation of the regular-season trip there this season, flew back directly to the Bay Area today. He was originally scheduled to fly from London to his home in Youngstown, Ohio, a source said.
With the move of McCloughan stepping down, a name that comes to mind that would be available is............Carmen Policy.

What do ya think ??
this would have been a better idea, AT THE BEGINNING OF THE OFFSEASON

geek you're right, but the timing is just horrible
Originally posted by smashmouth51:
talk about green on St. Patty's Day, is Scotty running off to the Jets. This better not be a "follow in your father's footsteps" deal. a la firing Mooch on the phone because we lost a playoff game. No coach waiting in the wings. Just baaammmm you're gone Mooch and "oh sh!t" 2 hours later when he realizes he doesn't have a replacement coach. What a f-in douche move.

Well Walsh was fired like 5 times by Eddie, who was quite the hothead

Jed doesn't seem as impetuous

Maybe he is?

It runs through the bloodlines from what I've heard, Jed even said one time (himself) during an episode of Chronicle Live that he had planted his fist through the wall inside the owner's box during that Philadelphia Eagles loss at home in 2008 (the loss that pre-dominantly led to Nolan being fired during the bye-week, after the Giants loss).
I think I'm going to become an arena league football fan. The San Jose Cybercats are pretty good, right?

Originally posted by maxsmart:
McLoughlan = Irish

Today = St. Paddy's Day

Cruel Irish Joke?

Scot's been binge drinking today and lost it!

LoL

Maybe Scotty pulled a Hasselhoff or a Baldwin
[ Edited by wysiwyg on Mar 17, 2010 at 10:02 PM ]
Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninerempire25:
With the move of McCloughan stepping down, a name that comes to mind that would be available is............Carmen Policy.

What do ya think ??

Yorks hate him!
Originally posted by Niners23:
Originally posted by RichnSanRamon:
Wait folks. Why is it that comments can't be posted on Maiocco's blog? That is unusual.

Second, what is this "3 hours to respond" jazz? That does not sound like Maiocco either.

Third, nothing from Barrows at all.

I putting the odds of this being a hoax at 30%.

Maiocco's twitter would've had to be hacked as well, I don't think it's a hoax, or if it is, it's an extremeley elaborate one.

I'm probably hoping as much as thinking.

I do remember a few years ago when the radio guys were convinced that Jon Gruden was on a plane to Ohio State, and he was in a guitar shop in Alameda. Also thining about the elaborate rip-off of ESPN background last week for the bogus McNabb trade to SF. I mean, "I give them 3 hours to respond?" That's like some old movie where the bad guy threatens to blow the town at midnight. It's weird.
Originally posted by Redeemer:
Well this is just fantastic news What next? Stadium bill gets shot down? Jed hangs himself? We trade Willis? 2012? *knocks on biggest piece of wood in sight*

Speaking of Willis, this is the type of s**t that makes me think it might be hard to resign him.
Share 49ersWebzone