LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 346 users in the forums

GM McCloughan (possibly) stepping down????

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • flow
  • Veteran
Truth & Rumors: McCloughan Not Stepping Down as 49ers GM
I had to check the date... no not April Fools.
My theory is that Mike Singletary has been telling his daughter to convince Otogwe to join the 49ers. She tells him she has fallen out of love with Mr. Otogwe and is now in a love triangle with Shaun Hill and Mrs. Noodle. So being the general that Singletary is, he tells Shaun hill nicely to fucc off. He tells McCloughan to trade our two 1st rounders for Tom Brady and Randy Moss....McCloughan gets David Carr and a 2011 7th pick instead.

Singletary asks, "a 7th rounder??!!!!"....McCloughan (shook) responds , "it's actually a really weally late 6th...it's the Lions, sir."....Singletary, "nah, I wasn't angry, I was just surprised we even got anything for Shaun...."...."by the way, you're fired cuz I told you to get Tom Brady and you got me another bust."
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by crabman82:
from pro football talk

In response to a report that 49ers General Manager Scout McCloughan is contemplating the possibility of resigning, McCloughan's agent says that McCloughan won't be stepping down.

"Scot McCloughan is not resigning as General Manager of the San Francisco 49ers," Peter Schaffer told us by phone moments ago from Colorado. "I have no idea how that rumor got started."

Of course, this doesn't mean that all is well between the 49ers and their General Manager. It only means that, if a move is going to be made, it won't be a voluntary separation. Instead, the 49ers will have to terminate McCloughan -- and unless they terminate him for cause they'll owe him the balance of his contract

Yep. McCloughan gets more dough if he gets fired. Look at the wording of the agent's quote.
Good! Leave now and thanks for nothing McClueless.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
i like boobies
Originally posted by NorCaL9er:
I really think Scot has an offer with another team, maybe a team he's always wanted to be with. He's either using it as leverage or he really wants to leave.

This is based on what? He's a local guy, why would he want to be with another team?
Originally posted by TeambyTheBay:
My theory is that Mike Singletary has been telling his daughter to convince Otogwe to join the 49ers. She tells him she has fallen out of love with Mr. Otogwe and is now in a love triangle with Shaun Hill and Mrs. Noodle. So being the general that Singletary is, he tells Shaun hill nicely to fucc off. He tells McCloughan to trade our two 1st rounders for Tom Brady and Randy Moss....McCloughan gets David Carr and a 2011 7th pick instead.

Singletary asks, "a 7th rounder??!!!!"....McCloughan (shook) responds , "it's actually a really weally late 6th...it's the Lions, sir."....Singletary, "nah, I wasn't angry, I was just surprised we even got anything for Shaun...."...."by the way, you're fired cuz I told you to get Tom Brady and you got me another bust."

this is gonna be a long night

hope one of the mods is pulling overnight shift
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Use the other thread dude, you are not special.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Maiocco would have updated his facebook status to his twitter post.

Just more cause for criticism of the blog entry.

this is like a damn twilight zone episode
My gut tells me that the timing and nature of the meeting described by MM means that there's been either a sucessful or failed front office coup d'état.

This is bizarre.
Yep, now it is starting to look like a hoax.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/03/18/agent-says-mccloughan-isnt-resigning/
Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:
Originally posted by NorCaL9er:
I really think Scot has an offer with another team, maybe a team he's always wanted to be with. He's either using it as leverage or he really wants to leave.

This is based on what? He's a local guy, why would he want to be with another team?

maybe the turd is not happy about not getting an extension, who knows. to be honest, im not worried. if he leaves, we pick the BPA available and pick players that cant play. how would this be any different than what mr clueless has done for us?
He can still be fired.
Share 49ersWebzone