There are 189 users in the forums

Carr Signs With 49ers

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49erWill:
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
Originally posted by modninerfan:
Originally posted by global_nomad:
What's interesting -- and telling -- is that if QB David Carr didn't get his deal done in SF today, he was planning to visit Arizona.

http://twitter.com/Adam_Schefter/status/10147308118

What if hill is then cut and Arizona picks him up for his wealth of niner knowledge?

Yeah because teams are dying to know about Jimmy Raye's secrets

What's so funny? Napping after calling plays is important and our biggest weapon.
What's interesting -- and telling -- is that if QB David Carr didn't get his deal done in SF today, he was planning to visit Arizona.

What if hill is then cut and Arizona picks him up for his wealth of niner knowledge?

yea because the former starting QB doesn't know our defensive schemes also
Originally posted by oldninerdude:
I like it. An upgrade over Shuan Hill as a backup and he will give Alex Smith a little push and giving us a solid backup. I think him spending two years with the Giants just sitting back and watching and learning from Eli Mannings and Gilbride was the best thing for him and hey he showed in the little PT he got with the Giants that he can play when he is protected.

Excellent points. Now if we can just get a RT.

We will. Im very confident we will get a very good OT in the draft. I had my heart set on Bulaga but now that he looks like a top 10, possibly even top 5 pick, I would still be very happy with either Trent Williams or Anthony Davis and I do think we will get one of those two guys.
I like it. An upgrade over Shuan Hill as a backup and he will give Alex Smith a little push and giving us a solid backup. I think him spending two years with the Giants just sitting back and watching and learning from Eli Mannings and Gilbride was the best thing for him and hey he showed in the little PT he got with the Giants that he can play when he is protected.

We will. Im very confident we will get a very good OT in the draft. I had my heart set on Bulaga but now that he looks like a top 10, possibly even top 5 pick, I would still be very happy with either Trent Williams or Anthony Davis and I do think we will get one of those two guys.

Would you trade #17 for Gaither?
Originally posted by TeambyTheBay:

yea because the former starting QB doesn't know our defensive schemes also

Im more worried about Ulbrich sharing info with Pete Carrol and the Seahawks staff than I am about Shuan Hill sharing any info with the Cardinals or any other team. I don't think the Cardinals would even waste their time signing him.
  • pd24
  • Veteran

Would you trade #17 for Gaither?
I would, he isabeast and only 24.
So pretty much Shaun Hill is going to be the Damon Huard of the 2010 off-season, he'll get the axe, Nate Davis will move up in strides to #2, and Carr will probably earn the #3 spot.
I'd rather have David Carr over Hill anyday of the week. Hill is a 3rd stringer at best.
Originally posted by stonecold590:
carr will keep his mouth shut around Willis. Willis would put Carr in the Garage for good

He will try to chop block P-Will when the scout team faces the first team Defense...
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
So pretty much Shaun Hill is going to be the Damon Huard of the 2010 off-season, he'll get the axe, Nate Davis will move up in strides to #2, and Carr will probably earn the #3 spot.

Davis isn't going anywhere. He still has a lot to learn.

Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
I'd rather have David Carr over Hill anyday of the week. Hill is a 3rd stringer at best.
Oh well. Kinda hoped Hill could stay but its a business and thats how it goes.
i'm so excited
A QB with the best record as a starter and we're going to drop him like a bad habit......good luck wherever you go shaun. I hope you prove the niners wrong.

So now we have to number one overall drafted "QBs".....and no mcnabb???
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

3rd stringers don't go 10-6.
Share 49ersWebzone