LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 222 users in the forums

Source: Don't expect anything big!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I don't expect anything big from the Yorks or Scot M.

sucks
That Anthem suCxs
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:
The Niners aren't good enough to not have to take advantage of FA or trades like other teams are doing right now. If the team was set at most positions that would be another story.

They YORKIES don't want to get better. They just want to sell tickets and fill up the stadium.

Why, sure. If they spent money on the best players, the best coaches and a new stadium they would have less money. The Yorks are money people, not sports people. Do you think they ever turn a game on? T
I think that only a play maker like Sproles would have been worth pursuing or say a starter on our O line but we can do without chasing mediocre talent.
Originally posted by Winners:
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Originally posted by Winners:
Guys I just got this from my source. The Cardinals traded for Kerry Rhodes of the Jets.

/Also, the 49ers aren't the only ones interested in Carr
//The Browns and Cardinals want him

THE 49ers have the best shot though, according to my source, and I quote "IT's the 49ers to lose"

Wow... such groundbreaking, unprecedented news.

Look, I know that I'm only posting information that is widely available online, but just like the original poster in the thread, I'm just trying to help you guys out by giving you information from my sources. Why hate on that?

Also, my source just told me to expect a deal with Carr by Monday night at the latest.

I'm hating because you aren't providing anything new, which means you could just be playing pretend.

conservative is the best way to enter this strange 1 year uncapped situation. police yourself so you dont screw up your salaries when the league gets back into order.

and honestly? there isnt anyone out there that im dying to sign. we dont desperately need the f/a help of "so and so". a DB would be nice, but we might already have what we need in Walt Harris or Tarell Brown. who knows.

save the money for Willis and VD, who we cant lose or we take a big step back.
LoL, I told yall not to expect anything big. We shall see if anything sparks up in the near future.
idk who ur "Source" is, but David Carr and Justin Fargas are HUGE

nothing big, are you kidding me?

Originally posted by momoney925:
idk who ur "Source" is, but David Carr and Justin Fargas are HUGE

nothing big, are you kidding me?

hahaha. If David Carr is a huge signing than I guess im wrong.
I am angry and a little disappointed.
ARIZ
I was happy when Warner retired and even more happy when Rolle Dansby and Boldin left but now they actually were ACTIVE in FA by replacing their S with an almost as good S, and looks like Porter will be an upgrade or at least the same as Dansby.

SEA
It looks like they might get Marshall and now Watson (not such a big deal), and they will even have a chance at T Jones if he doesn't sign with the Chiefs.

This is not cool. Our GM needs to counter the balance in the division by at least competing with some of these FA's. I'm not saying sign these same FA's because we have better players at some of these positions but competing in FA to improve our team. At least try to get a LT or RT that is PROVEN like Gathers or Guard on IND maybe. Also, to improve in the KR/PR game Washington would be a great signing, again a PROVEN talent whose leg will heal most probably before the season.

The Niners could take a chance on a rookie through the draft and we will but whenb their is proven talent that will materialize immediately rather than waiting to see IF a rookie will do well is a good way to improve this team.....especially since SEA and ARIZ are getting better.

What do you think? I really like a LT or RT before the draft and Washington as a pr/kr for a pick.
Not angry at all.

AZ is not better because of the moves they have made. They are worse
[ Edited by valrod33 on Mar 9, 2010 at 9:11 AM ]
Im not really angry... its just that i wish they would be a just a lil bit more... active? idk. Building through the draft is koo but i think that can only go so far. i think building through the draft and combining that with solid veteran talent is what gets you over the top. But id rather have this slow cautious approach to free agency rather than the Redskins past approach (Sign everybody or DIE. Doesnt matter if we win or not)
No.

Our team is better than everyone else in the division and will only get better with experience. We just need to address the oline in the draft and we should be set.
Share 49ersWebzone