LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 290 users in the forums

Source: Don't expect anything big!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
here ya go ppl
the biggest thing to happend to the niners this offseason......

"Signs look good" for Carr deal in San Francisco

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on March 6, 2010 10:11 PM ET
The improbable David Carr sweepstakes may begin and end with the 49ers.

Mike Garafolo of the Newark Star-Ledger reports that Carr's agent is talking contract with San Francisco Saturday evening. "Signs look good" for Carr to complete a deal.

Carr, who also has received interest from the Cardinals and Browns, left the 49ers facility without speaking to reporters as promised Saturday, possibly because he didn't want to answer questions about Patrick Willis' welcome-to-town tweets.

Willis may get a chance to express his feelings to Carr in more than 140 characters soon enough.
Who did we sign last year within the first couple days of free agency? I can't remember

I'm pretty sure we got Bly after Harris went down

Demetric Evans? Brandon Jones? is that it?
Originally posted by teeohh:
Who did we sign last year within the first couple days of free agency? I can't remember

I'm pretty sure we got Bly after Harris went down

Demetric Evans? Brandon Jones? is that it?

Brandon Jones. And believe it or not, he had a bandwagon for a minute, I had to debate with people that he was not a savior.
demetric evans is useless
I would like us to address an area of need in free agency so that way we can stick to the draft board and draft better players instead of reaching and drafting a player that is more of a project because we need that position example kentwan balmer !!
Originally posted by RedRazor:
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Sorry Mod's, feel free to move is seen fit, thought this was apropriate for Niner Talk.

So, Anyone else sick of this BS not signing anyone yet, Im so digusted, we had such a good season especially last few games.

We have quality and good talent. But we are supposely the West favorites, now Im a niner to the bone, but I dont get it. If we dont make any moves we are the same team as 2009, especially at OL, and if Sing thinks we are fine, im questioning him.

So anyone else sick of this.

Ya why can"t sign more free agents like the Redskins

Yeah free agents suck. I mean look at what Brees and Sharper did for the Saints........
Originally posted by showtime49:
Originally posted by DaFaro49ers:
Originally posted by Winners:
Guys, my source just told me that Dansby is a Dolphin! I'll keep you up to date soon on all the new news.

/OH s**t, MY SOURCE JUST CALLED ME
//PEPPERS IS A BEAR! A BEAR!!

Your input and the ongoings of negative delibaration, should embody you with an emmy young sir! The continue vague treatment of a poster isn't professional or respectful in any matter! Please contain yourself in a respectable matter and attempt to appreciate another posters well being; for attempting to help and inform other 49er fans of the ongoings in the NFL, from a truthful source. Just because you dont like what you hear or arent appreciative of it; ignore and go on to another thread. This uncanny attitude makes you the Terrell Owens of our forum.

Good Day Sir!

haha. GO 49ERS. David Carr signing sooooooon!

I think you hit the thesaurus one too many times.

No just felt like displaying my Masters degree in communications!
man i hate david carr hopefully we will sign someone that can make a damn difference or atealst contribute to our team.
Guys, my source just told me that Dansby is a Dolphin! I'll keep you up to date soon on all the new news.

Your input and the ongoings of negative delibaration, should embody you with an emmy young sir! The continue vague treatment of a poster isn't professional or respectful in any matter! Please contain yourself in a respectable matter and attempt to appreciate another posters well being; for attempting to help and inform other 49er fans of the ongoings in the NFL, from a truthful source. Just because you dont like what you hear or arent appreciative of it; ignore and go on to another thread. This uncanny attitude makes you the Terrell Owens of our forum.

Good Day Sir!

well since you got the hookup, who is next on the niners list?

Good Day Sir!

From where, the University of Phoenix? That paragraph you wrote had grammatical, spelling, and syntactic errors all over it. On top of that, it didn't make a lot of sense. Your usage of the semicolon would make my English 9 teacher squirm.

I don't doubt that you might know the guy who fills the Arrowhead water dispenser at 49ers HQ, but stop acting like you have a source. You're the same guy who claimed to have inside info on the Crabtree signing but produced exactly nothing.
[ Edited by Leathaface on Mar 6, 2010 at 10:54 PM ]

get us 2 good 1st rounders and let the retreads go to someone else
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Originally posted by susweel:
This is not your fathers 49ers anymore.

oh i know buddy. Im just sick of it. We improved greatly, but we still need a few pieces that can come in and contribute right away. Not rooks that may or may not see time right away.

I mean why not take the 17th pick trade it with a 4th to BAL for Gaither and sign him long term and have the bookends set for yrs.

Or, go out get Atogwe and be set at Safety with him and Goldson.

or both, but of course we are in the mode of sit tight and do nothing.

I believe in building thru the draft, but you gotta suplement thru FA and get more vets in here. Just saying.

I totally agree with you. But I excepted this from the 49ers. They should have done at least something.
I think the biggest problem with McClueless is that he falls in love with HIS draft picks. He don't want to bring in outsiders, he wants HIS draft picks to have all the positions.

I can empathize with you both on the level of frustration about the lack of activity. Then again, this is what the media and the Niners told us to expect. It wasn't a big secret. Free agency is far from over and there are some good players still out there to be had. I would love to get Atogwe or Gaither in here because they would be significantly better options than the guys they would replace.

I don't think McCloughan is purposely sitting on the sidelines so he can get HIS picks in the draft. This sounds like an organizational decision that everyone has bought into. Remember, the Niners haven't been the best at signing impact free agents. I am crossing my fingers, but not holding my breath that something happens in the next 72 hours.

Let's see if Dafaro's source has any information that already isn't published on a website.............
Originally posted by teeohh:

Good Day Sir!

well since you got the hookup, who is next on the niners list?

Ill keep you updated! Its only David Carr for now. 3yr in the range of 7.5-9 mil
Guys I just got this from my source. The Cardinals traded for Kerry Rhodes of the Jets.

/Also, the 49ers aren't the only ones interested in Carr
//The Browns and Cardinals want him

THE 49ers have the best shot though, according to my source, and I quote "IT's the 49ers to lose"
Let me just check my source...
[ Edited by mug0mug on Mar 7, 2010 at 12:54 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone