There are 130 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Is It Time for the 49ers to Replace FB Moran Norris?

Is It Time for the 49ers to Replace FB Moran Norris?

• Antix
  • Veteran
We need more of a receiving threat at that position.

Raye himself has said he likes to cause matchup problems for the D with his formation ie the two tight end set. Coords have to decide whether to Base D it or Nickel it and it can cause issues due for the D to its versatility because of our TEs.

So we need a pass catcher who can block AND line up in the i-form and be a viable pass catching option to create similar formation problems for the D. MIller may be that guy, maybe a draftee but I do feel it's a very important position because it can cause our still bland offense to spicen up a bit.
Originally posted by Antix:
We need more of a receiving threat at that position.

Raye himself has said he likes to cause matchup problems for the D with his formation ie the two tight end set. Coords have to decide whether to Base D it or Nickel it and it can cause issues due for the D to its versatility because of our TEs.

So we need a pass catcher who can block AND line up in the i-form and be a viable pass catching option to create similar formation problems for the D. MIller may be that guy, maybe a draftee but I do feel it's a very important position because it can cause our still bland offense to spicen up a bit.

Rashawn Jackson could be had in the draft.
Originally posted by PTulini:
Originally posted by KezarLivin:
Originally posted by jta854:
I wanted Quinn Johnson from LSU last year.

Me too!!!

+ 1

Cosigned.

You guys were talking about replacing Delanie with a bigger target/blocker, what about Jimmy Graham in the draft?
Just split the responsibilities between Delainie and MRob who are already on the team. Free up a roster spot.
Originally posted by bigmike55:
It's Brit Miller time

this, times 5
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

Me too!!!

+ 1

Cosigned.

You guys were talking about replacing Delanie with a bigger target/blocker, what about Jimmy Graham in the draft?

The Miami kid? He also played basketball at "The U."

• Antix
  • Veteran
^Wacthed him in the ACC. Dude is pretty good.

Me too!!!

+ 1

Cosigned.

Yup, what do you think about him? Also for the FB what about Rashawn Jackson who I mentioned in an earlier post? Could be the next Fred Beasley or William Floyd maybe?
Dorin Dickerson is the answer!
Originally posted by MOEMONEY87:

nice username

[ Edited by momoney925 on Mar 3, 2010 at 15:43:32 ]

Me too!!!

+ 1

Cosigned.

Yup, what do you think about him? Also for the FB what about Rashawn Jackson who I mentioned in an earlier post? Could be the next Fred Beasley or William Floyd maybe?

I'd be cool with it. I don't know Reshawn Jackson though?

Me too!!!

+ 1

Cosigned.

He played at UVA I think. To be honest I don't remember watching him play too much but he put up some numbers running the ball and he can definitely catch the ball too, also he is supposedly a good blocker. Here's his stats: http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=177406

Another option, and I like this one also, is seeing what Brit Miller can do? He looked good catching the ball in the preseason, and also threw some real nice blocks. I think if Rathman coaches him up he could probably replace Mo Norris.
Originally posted by momoney925:
Originally posted by MOEMONEY87:

nice username

haha thanks ur username is aite too

Me too!!!

+ 1

Cosigned.

He played at UVA I think. To be honest I don't remember watching him play too much but he put up some numbers running the ball and he can definitely catch the ball too, also he is supposedly a good blocker. Here's his stats: http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=177406

Another option, and I like this one also, is seeing what Brit Miller can do? He looked good catching the ball in the preseason, and also threw some real nice blocks. I think if Rathman coaches him up he could probably replace Mo Norris.

Either way, I'm starting to think Moran Norris' days as a 49er (and possibly in the NFL) are numbered.

Me too!!!

+ 1

Cosigned.

Either way, I'm starting to think Moran Norris' days as a 49er (and possibly in the NFL) are numbered.

When you get cut by the 0-16 Lions yeah your future isn't looking too good... IDK, we kind of should've figured out that if a team that can't win any games at all doesn't think you can help them than why do we think he can help us? But at the same time he did a good job blocking for Frank in 06. But he's kind of broken down since then.