There are 420 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Is It Time for the 49ers to Replace FB Moran Norris?

Is It Time for the 49ers to Replace FB Moran Norris?

Originally posted by modninerfan:
I wanna see what Jehuu Caulcrick can do

This is my vote also. He can be more of a threat with the ball than Norris so our offense won't be as predictable.
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tohara3:
Originally posted by modninerfan:
I wanna see what Jehuu Caulcrick can do

This is my vote also. He can be more of a threat with the ball than Norris so our offense won't be as predictable.

Open Comp for FB....wait where's keasey
Originally posted by KezarLivin:
Originally posted by jta854:
I wanted Quinn Johnson from LSU last year.

Me too!!!

+ 1
Toby Gerhart?
Originally posted by HearstStiffarm:
Beasley was never really a "threat" to score though. Edwards showed flashes but was option 8 or 9 in that offense...and we didn't use Vardell right and Logan...really? We haven't had a scoring threat at fullback since Bar None.

William Floyd was more of a short yardage back, he had potential to be a receiving threat too, too bad injuries cut his career short.

Beasley was a MAN and human battering ram, when he was healthy he was a feared man

Good FB's are hard to find since the position has been phased out over the past two decades
  • HearstStiffarm
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
Toby Gerhart?

I'm not against it, but I think he is more of a situational running back. Alstott, although technically a fullback, picked up his yardage as a tailback, not fullback.
I have been saying this since the season ended.
It's not a big priority IMO.

-9fA
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
Toby Gerhart?

I was thinking that too...can he block?
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
No offense to Frank, but Norris should never have been brought back.

Delanie Walker could do the job and quite honestly would be the better way to go.

He can line up in Two TE set then on motion can either move back to block to give the QB time or he can move back to block for Frank or he can move back to take the exchange or catch passes out of the End Zone.

There are ALOT of ways to go with Walker. Not so much for Norris. And hell even Duke can get in on that.

Just imagine the opposing DCoordinator having to game plan THAT.

~Ceadder

i thought the same thing about walker originally when they drafted him i hoped they would move him to a H-back or FB when they drafted him (thought he would be a nightmare out of the backfield) i dont think its going to happen though. imho i just dont think walker is a effective blocker at the TE pos, he may be 240lbs but i just dont think he has the size/strength to succeed there. last year they looked for a TE who could block it wouldnt suprise me if they did it again.
Originally posted by Allx9er:

Delanie Walker could do the job and quite honestly would be the better way to go.

He can line up in Two TE set then on motion can either move back to block to give the QB time or he can move back to block for Frank or he can move back to take the exchange or catch passes out of the End Zone.

There are ALOT of ways to go with Walker. Not so much for Norris. And hell even Duke can get in on that.

~Ceadder

i thought the same thing about walker originally when they drafted him i hoped they would move him to a H-back or FB when they drafted him (thought he would be a nightmare out of the backfield) i dont think its going to happen though. imho i just dont think walker is a effective blocker at the TE pos, he may be 240lbs but i just dont think he has the size/strength to succeed there. last year they looked for a TE who could block it wouldnt suprise me if they did it again.

I don't think we need to keep Delanie Walker around anymore.
Originally posted by PTulini:

~Ceadder

i think he still has value just not as much as advertised
Not one player should be held onto if there is someone better to get.
ya we need a young stud at FB and Rathman needs to TEACH him everything he knows!

[ Edited by 49ersMan420 on Mar 3, 2010 at 13:45:56 ]
Originally posted by PTulini:

~Ceadder

Are you kidding me?? Our double tight end sets were a HUGE reason for Davis' success this year. Walker is a nightmare for defenses, just as Vernon is, and he demanded coverage and attention. Also, Delanie is a better pass catching TE than Davis.

I like Norris, but I do agree that they should let Britt get a chance at the starting spot.

[ Edited by Norcal9erfan on Mar 3, 2010 at 14:08:23 ]