LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 276 users in the forums

Contracts it would take to Re-sign our Stars: Whoaa!!!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
They better give Willis anything he wants!
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Originally posted by Conejo:
Btw this thread is unofficial til AB stamps it

Anyway, I agree on the 1st 3 players(Willis, VD and Dashon).

Disagree with Baas, he wont get that much and doesnt deserve it, and Manny better not expect 20M when he hasnt done anything yet.

Alex wise could demand alot if he proves himself, since he was 1st pick in 2005, and as for Aubrayo, 1 yr doesnt mean he is set as our NT, i like him, think he has been solid all 3 yrs he has been here, but only great in 2009, so i say the 1st 3 should be locked up ASAP. And then the others should get extended, only, if they prove it on the field.

AB I was looking for you on this one, with all the tendering and upcoming extensions what is our cap room looking like?
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:

Disagree with Baas, he wont get that much and doesnt deserve it, and Manny better not expect 20M when he hasnt done anything yet.

Alex wise could demand alot if he proves himself, since he was 1st pick in 2005, and as for Aubrayo, 1 yr doesnt mean he is set as our NT, i like him, think he has been solid all 3 yrs he has been here, but only great in 2009, so i say the 1st 3 should be locked up ASAP. And then the others should get extended, only, if they prove it on the field.

AB I was looking for you on this one, with all the tendering and upcoming extensions what is our cap room looking like?

I feel excited that AB agreed with me on Davis, Willis and Goldson :)

I too highly doubt the 49ers will extend David Baas to a contract such as that...but tht doesn't mean another team wont do it, in an Uncapped Free Agent Market next offseason. I was just simply portray an example of how expensive signing our own players will be, let alone attempting to sign a bunch of free agents on top of signing 2 first round picks.

It gets expensive...so this thread's initial purpose is to showcase that dont expect to sign several big free agents anytime soon, unless we want to risk keeping one of our key players.
Originally posted by DaFaro49ers:

I feel excited that AB agreed with me on Davis, Willis and Goldson :)

I too highly doubt the 49ers will extend David Baas to a contract such as that...but tht doesn't mean another team wont do it, in an Uncapped Free Agent Market next offseason. I was just simply portray an example of how expensive signing our own players will be, let alone attempting to sign a bunch of free agents on top of signing 2 first round picks.

It gets expensive...so this thread's initial purpose is to showcase that dont expect to sign several big free agents anytime soon, unless we want to risk keeping one of our key players.

who cares if another team sign baas if he wants to be a 9er he has to come cheap and for depth cause we should get a LG via draft and if he sings with another team we get a 2nd rounder if not we get a pretty good backup player for depth and can start in case a G is injured for a cheap contract total win - win situation
Originally posted by WestCoast:
Originally posted by silkyjohnson:
Looks like we should dump Alex Smith and bank our future on Nate Davis. Seems like the economically feasible thing to do.

aaaaand cool thread ruined

LOL....
Do it again....

Originally posted by Constantine:
Looks like we should dump Alex Smith and bank our future on Nate Davis. Seems like the economically feasible thing to do.

LOL....
Do it again....

Thanks for the compliment WESTCOAST! haha, hilarious post.

how has Lawson not done anything yet? hes a top 10 3-4 OLB. he played very well last season. it makes no sense to say Lawson doesnt deserve the money, but Goldson does....Goldson might be our most overrated player.

actually not sure if anyone knows but i have been taking a hiatius from cap work, but since the search engine is still their just hidden, ill resume my work, and ill update the 2010 thread that is pinned.
Originally posted by WINiner:
Originally posted by Spoonerism:
This is a projection of the amount we'd have to pay to re-sign our STAR and soon upcoming free agents: (this is why Scott McC. is hesitant to spend money$$ in this years free agent class.

To Re-Sign:

PATRICK WILLIS: at least 6yrs 52 Million with 20 Million Guaranteed. (Comparable to James Harrison)

Vernon Davis: at least 6yrs 36 Million with 16-20 Million Guaranteed. (Comparable to Dallas Clark)

Dashon Goldson(if he continues to impress): 6yrs 26-30 Million with 10-15 Mill Guaranteed.(Comparable and just a little under to what Drew Rosenhaus is going to ask for, like the Packers safety Nick Collins.)

Manny Lawson: 5yrs 20 Million with 8-10 Million guaranteed (Comparable to our very own Parys Haralson.)

David Baas: 6yrs 30 Mill with 12-14 Mill Guaranteed( Similar to the Justin Smiley Contract.)

Alex Smith(if he does well in 2010 and we commit to him for the future) : 6yr 50-60 Mill with 18 mill guaranteed(similar to the David Garrard contract.)

Aubrayo Franklin(if we extend him): 3yr 27 Mill with 16 mill guranteed (Similar to the Casey Hampton contract.)

So in conclusion: This is why Scott McC. is so hesitant to spend money in this F/A and build through the draft. It gets very expensive if we sign other players and attempt to keep our own. That is a combined: 200+ mill spent to all those players and thats just what it would take to keep our free agent classes of 2010,2011. So maybe dreaming for Julius Peppers, Daunta Robinson, Karlos Dansby, Logan Mankins is a bit out of reality.

Lets brace ourself to an interesting but rather low spending 2010 free agency period.

That really isn't that much money if the contracts are structured right. There is no way we re-sign Baas. Take into account that VD already makes pretty close to that, not to mention the cap goes up every single year. We totally have the firepower, even after resigning all these players, to go after top tier free agents. All the free agents you mentioned are way overpriced except Mankins. The 49ers would try to snatch him up in a heartbeat.

Scotty let Smiley walk when he was playing at a PB level and wanted to stay in SF cause he doesn't believe Guards are worth the money needed to keep a PB type of player. NO WAY IN HELL will we be signing a PB FA Guard from another team unless Scotty boy has learned how incredibly wrong his value of the G position was, which I doubt. He seems to be quite stubborn (Alex Smith, Pashos, Roman) when he's made that kind of decision.

LOL. Smiley playing at a pro bowl level? He was playing like s**t. People were blaming him for allowing Rocky Bernard to destroy Alex SMith's shoulder. At the time we decided not to resign him, everyone in the zone was fine with it. Now that he is playing well in a unconventional offense, people acting like he was good all along. Funny stuff man.
Originally posted by Niners99:

how has Lawson not done anything yet? hes a top 10 3-4 OLB. he played very well last season. it makes no sense to say Lawson doesnt deserve the money, but Goldson does....Goldson might be our most overrated player.

Top 10?

Originally posted by kronik:
This is a projection of the amount we'd have to pay to re-sign our STAR and soon upcoming free agents: (this is why Scott McC. is hesitant to spend money$$ in this years free agent class.

To Re-Sign:

PATRICK WILLIS: at least 6yrs 52 Million with 20 Million Guaranteed. (Comparable to James Harrison)

Vernon Davis: at least 6yrs 36 Million with 16-20 Million Guaranteed. (Comparable to Dallas Clark)

Dashon Goldson(if he continues to impress): 6yrs 26-30 Million with 10-15 Mill Guaranteed.(Comparable and just a little under to what Drew Rosenhaus is going to ask for, like the Packers safety Nick Collins.)

Manny Lawson: 5yrs 20 Million with 8-10 Million guaranteed (Comparable to our very own Parys Haralson.)

David Baas: 6yrs 30 Mill with 12-14 Mill Guaranteed( Similar to the Justin Smiley Contract.)

Alex Smith(if he does well in 2010 and we commit to him for the future) : 6yr 50-60 Mill with 18 mill guaranteed(similar to the David Garrard contract.)

Aubrayo Franklin(if we extend him): 3yr 27 Mill with 16 mill guranteed (Similar to the Casey Hampton contract.)

So in conclusion: This is why Scott McC. is so hesitant to spend money in this F/A and build through the draft. It gets very expensive if we sign other players and attempt to keep our own. That is a combined: 200+ mill spent to all those players and thats just what it would take to keep our free agent classes of 2010,2011. So maybe dreaming for Julius Peppers, Daunta Robinson, Karlos Dansby, Logan Mankins is a bit out of reality.

Lets brace ourself to an interesting but rather low spending 2010 free agency period.

That really isn't that much money if the contracts are structured right. There is no way we re-sign Baas. Take into account that VD already makes pretty close to that, not to mention the cap goes up every single year. We totally have the firepower, even after resigning all these players, to go after top tier free agents. All the free agents you mentioned are way overpriced except Mankins. The 49ers would try to snatch him up in a heartbeat.

Scotty let Smiley walk when he was playing at a PB level and wanted to stay in SF cause he doesn't believe Guards are worth the money needed to keep a PB type of player. NO WAY IN HELL will we be signing a PB FA Guard from another team unless Scotty boy has learned how incredibly wrong his value of the G position was, which I doubt. He seems to be quite stubborn (Alex Smith, Pashos, Roman) when he's made that kind of decision.

LOL. Smiley playing at a pro bowl level? He was playing like s**t. People were blaming him for allowing Rocky Bernard to destroy Alex SMith's shoulder. At the time we decided not to resign him, everyone in the zone was fine with it. Now that he is playing well in a unconventional offense, people acting like he was good all along. Funny stuff man.

Thank you^ . My intent for that post is that Baas will ask for similar to Smiley money.
Originally posted by fzrdave:
There's no way that Baas deserves 6yrs 30 Mill with 12-14 Mill Guaranteed.

Hell No !!!!!!

There is NO WAY Baas will get a fat contract like that
The slow start to this Free Agency period seems to bode true to the fact that; Our Money will be spent on our own players, the draft, and back up F/A's!
Originally posted by kronik:

To Re-Sign:

Thank you^ . My intent for that post is that Baas will ask for similar to Smiley money.

The difference is that smiley played most of the time he was here. Baas only seems to play sporadically. Plus smiley was never a good fit for the power running game we've been trying to implement. Smiley always had the potential to be good or serviceable in the right system.

Overpaying busts ain't cool.

[ Edited by silkyjohnson on Mar 5, 2010 at 05:27:25 ]
Share 49ersWebzone