There are 188 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Most depressing 49er game of your life?

Originally posted by JoseCortez:
the vikings game was nothing compared to the giants nfc championship in 1990. Craigs fumble with 3 minutes left to go. It ended our 3peat. I cried.

yep
Originally posted by wolfman61:
the vikings game was nothing compared to the giants nfc championship in 1990. Craigs fumble with 3 minutes left to go. It ended our 3peat. I cried.

yep

x2
A lot of games from 2002-2007
Originally posted by foreign49er:
A lot of games from 2002-2007
My second runner up: the 1995 Divisional playoff loss to the Packers.

Adam Walker fumbled early, and we never recovered. The Packers got away with picks and pushoffs all f*cking day, Their f*cking line was leg whipping, holding and tripping to beat the f*cking band and their DBs had their hands ALL OVER Jerry.

Complete bullsh*t. We lost 27-17, but it seemed much worse. .
Originally posted by Shifter:
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
Originally posted by Shifter:
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
I've been watching Niner football for about 20 years, the most depressing game that I can remember was this year's game at Minnesota.

I was in a bar surrounded by Viking fans, and as the Vikings were driving, they were all depressed, and they were all telling me how it was over. Then it happened.

Everyone else went nuts and I just sat there, stunned, for like 15 or 20 minutes. The rest of the day is a blur.

BRO, 20 years we have had some real heartbreakers. That Viking game stung, but come on?? those losses to the cowboys,giants and packers in the playoffs werent worse??

Well the title said depressing. The playoff losses made me angry, not depressed.
point made

I completely hear ya on this one. Born in 85 here.

The losses to the Packers in the 90's were by far the most bitter losses and toughest to swallow in my lifetime.

But to be honest, that Viking game this year was the worst I've felt after a game since those days of the Packer rivalry.

I think it was the most "depressing" because it was such a big game for our season and we were trying to erase all of the misery since 2002.

We were just on the cusp of finally turning that corner out of the doldrums and then...

BAM.

Favre, the pure red devil himself, sticks a final, miraculous, last-second dagger through our hearts. It was all of those combining factors that made this one just god awfully deflating.

Originally posted by pelos21:
Originally posted by Apone:
49ers vs Giants in 1998 when BY broke his leg.

It was one of those moments where you knew where you were when that happened.

It was MNF, I was 17 at a sports bar watching the game with some friends.

i was at the game in the north end zone and when i saw mooch go out there i knew it was bad and so i started to cry he will always be one of my favorite 49ers

I just shed a tear reading your post. That was a painful day......
the one gm i can remember being depressing was the 98 falcons gm and the yr we played the pack in gb in the playoffs more recently where plummer got that pick. after that gm i started crying in the shower, i felt like a little girl
Originally posted by miked1978:
I think it was 90 or 91 when the Giants kicked a field goal to win the game and knock us out of the playoffs. I was a kid about 11 years old at the time and I cried like a baby. I hated the Giants for a long time after that.

i still hate those s**tseven though 2003 playoff comeback was great it still deosn't take away the pain of three straight superbowl wins.Those damn giants.
  • BigRon
  • Veteran
Any of the hundreds of Divisional Championship games we lost to the Cowboys. I have broken more TVs and lost my Sanctification more times than I care to count due to those losses.
Had to be the infamous Roger Craig fumble against the giants. I still have nightmares about that one damn it still hurts. Coulda had a chance at a 3 peat would have been the 1st team ever to do it. That play is keeping Roger Craig out of the hall of fame. That s**t was weak
far and away this years game against the vikings. It stayed with me for weeks
Easily the Roger Craig fumble game. I was there in my season seats and absolutley miserable when that game was over.

What made the game the worst ever in Niner history??????
1) Prevented a 3-Peat which still has never been done in SB history
2) Was effectivley the last meaningful appearance ever for Joe Montana in Niner uni
3) Was last game for Roger Craig and Ronnie Lott

SB 25 is the only Superbowl that I refused to watch from beginning to end. Way too depressing!
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Easily the Roger Craig fumble game. I was there in my season seats and absolutley miserable when that game was over.

What made the game the worst ever in Niner history??????
1) Prevented a 3-Peat which still has never been done in SB history
2) Was effectivley the last meaningful appearance ever for Joe Montana in Niner uni
3) Was last game for Roger Craig and Ronnie Lott

SB 25 is the only Superbowl that I refused to watch from beginning to end. Way too depressing!

The only way I can cheer myself up when I think of that game is that Buffalo had a great team that year and without Montana, we may have lost, thus destroying our superbowl invincibility. I know its a weak argument, but its the only way I can cope.