There are 122 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Most depressing 49er game of your life?

Originally posted by English:
87 championships against Minnesota

and, of course, the fumbled threepeat. Real physical pain.

The game vs the Vikings was in the divisional round, not the championship. But yeah, these two and both the championship games against Dallas in 92 & 93. I hate the Cowboys & Jimmy Johnson!!
Originally posted by BigBug415:
Originally posted by pete98146:
Three words: Roger Craig Fumble.

Great play by Lawrence Taylor.

He just fell on the damn ball. It was was Howard that made the great play!!
LOST RINGS!

1990 nfc title game

1. montana getting injured by marshall and didnt return for 2 years to play a meaningless game.

2. lost the chance to chance to 3 peat
allthough trainers said montana woudnt of played superbowl due to the broken hand cheap shot marshall (handed) him, i personally think we matched up really well agianst the bills that year even with steve young. now i know we lost to the bills at home in a reg season game in 1992, however mike holmgren was still the offensive coordinator in 1990 plus we still had craig and rathman oh and lott so .... s**ttty ass deal thinking back..... you wanna talk about lost rings this is one, 1987 minn loss thats one too
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
It was in 1950 against the Baltimore Colts...I dont remember the exact date..
Still makes me angry till this day..
Originally posted by ImaMod:
It was in 1950 against the Baltimore Colts...I dont remember the exact date..
Still makes me angry till this day..

The 49ers beat the Colts 17-14 in 1950.

How old are you?
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
the vikings game was nothing compared to the giants nfc championship in 1990. Craigs fumble with 3 minutes left to go. It ended our 3peat. I cried.

That one, The 49ers could have been the only team to win 3 in a row, something that maybe would never be matched. I remember being depressed for weeks after that one, the worst in my 35 plus years of being a fan.

[ Edited by BobS on Feb 23, 2010 at 20:50:05 ]
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
the vikings game was nothing compared to the giants nfc championship in 1990. Craigs fumble with 3 minutes left to go. It ended our 3peat. I cried.

That was the worst...Roger Craig's fumble. I still haven't forgiven him for it, not that it matters.
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
Originally posted by Shifter:
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
I've been watching Niner football for about 20 years, the most depressing game that I can remember was this year's game at Minnesota.

I was in a bar surrounded by Viking fans, and as the Vikings were driving, they were all depressed, and they were all telling me how it was over. Then it happened.

Everyone else went nuts and I just sat there, stunned, for like 15 or 20 minutes. The rest of the day is a blur.

BRO, 20 years we have had some real heartbreakers. That Viking game stung, but come on?? those losses to the cowboys,giants and packers in the playoffs werent worse??

Well the title said depressing. The playoff losses made me angry, not depressed.
point made

Originally posted by Apone:
49ers vs Giants in 1998 when BY broke his leg.

It was one of those moments where you knew where you were when that happened.

It was MNF, I was 17 at a sports bar watching the game with some friends.
Originally posted by BHulman:
[But it HAS to be the 1991 Championship game against the Giants. Rice fumbling the ball, Lawrence Taylor taking it to the house and Jim Burt's killshot on Montana.

I didn't cry that day, but I know I drank waaay too much to kill the pain.

Burt's hit and Rice's fumble were in the 86 shellacking (49-3) the Giants gave to the Niners. I was just kind of dazed after that one. It was the 91 game against the Giants that still stings when I think about it.

WOW! We lost a game by the much during the 80's? I would of never believed it.
Originally posted by pelos21:
Originally posted by BHulman:
[But it HAS to be the 1991 Championship game against the Giants. Rice fumbling the ball, Lawrence Taylor taking it to the house and Jim Burt's killshot on Montana.

I didn't cry that day, but I know I drank waaay too much to kill the pain.

Burt's hit and Rice's fumble were in the 86 shellacking (49-3) the Giants gave to the Niners. I was just kind of dazed after that one. It was the 91 game against the Giants that still stings when I think about it.

WOW! We lost a game by the much during the 80's? I would of never believed it.

I know bro. that season we only allowed like 15 a game. that might be the actual low point all-time, in terms of expectations in 49ers history. We got beaten, bruised and just plain whipped. remember it like it was yesterday.......
BTW that photo should be censored and removed from existence

[ Edited by Shifter on Feb 23, 2010 at 21:34:57 ]
Still can't forget the 83 NFC Championship game against the Skins. Down 21 to tie it 21-21 in the 4th Quarter and 3 straight BS PI calls on Lott and Wright. Moseley kicks the winning FG.

We coulda beat the Raiders in the SB
Originally posted by wysiwyg:
Still can't forget the 83 NFC Championship game against the Skins. Down 21 to tie it 21-21 in the 4th Quarter and 3 straight BS PI calls on Lott and Wright. Moseley kicks the winning FG.

We coulda beat the Raiders in the SB

OH, nice. We woulda creamed the raiders in that one.
Most depressing game ever: 1986 Divisional playoff...we lost to the Giants 49-3. Jerry had a breakaway TD chance early, and the ball just popped out of his hands.

From then on, it just got worse. The capper was Jim Burt destroying Joe and knocking him unconscious. Far and away the worst Niner loss ever.
Originally posted by Legbreaker:
Most depressing game ever: 1986 Divisional playoff...we lost to the Giants 49-3. Jerry had a breakaway TD chance early, and the ball just popped out of his hands.

From then on, it just got worse. The capper was Jim Burt destroying Joe and knocking him unconscious. Far and away the worst Niner loss ever.
ohh that fumble totally uncaused by any giant....yup see previous post.

[ Edited by Shifter on Feb 23, 2010 at 21:48:26 ]